Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

1 hour ago, texasgiantfan said:

Zeke 6 game suspension upheld by NFL.

the_shocker_decal.jpg

seriously...

NOT

11 minutes ago, gch said:

This doesn't surprise me. I would very surprised if they had any luck in the courts as well. Zeke has his issues but this whole thing has been a trainwrech for Goodell and the way they handle these cases. 

I dont think so. Under the current collective bargaining agreement, and it's policy, he has followed those guidelines. 

It's not the same as being arrested and what proof is needed for a conviction, this is different. They do not need 100% undeniable proof to hand out the suspension, and in light of what we already know about Zeke, something else that is different than in the court of law, his character, conduct with previous or post escapades also do matter, they factor in. Again this is an employer/employee relationship. This is not whether he is going to jail. The rules are different.  

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

LOL  He wants restraining order on the NFL   ,  I hope the NFL puts him on exempt list and let his lawsuit get dragged out in court and him miss more than the 6 games.  The kid has the attitude he can do whatever he wants and there is no consequences.   The Cowboys should tell him to sit down shut up and learn from all of it .   I can see it getting ugly    

On a side note it would be funny  is the restraining order went through but prevent him from being at stadiums or games because of it .... Some kind of stupid mistake in paper work or something 

Sarcasm I hope.

The restraining order is for the suspension not from the NFL.

I hope no one was shocked that Zeke was allowed to play week 1.  After all the Giants/Cowboys are the NFL's biggest draw and there was no way the NFL was gonna allow him to sit.  Trust me when I say the NFL delayed the announcement until later so he could play.

So at this point if your a Dallas fan... would you rather have him serve the suspension asap, then you at least know what you're working with.  Or do you let him try and take it further, delaying when it may happen... but that delay is now out of your control?  I see it highly unlikely that anything different changes from now as his appeal didn't help at all.  It's just a matter of when he serves it.

4 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Win win for us. One of you guys will be a game back of us after sunday.

are the eagles having a week 1 bye? The Skins always mop the floor with you guys. Wince is still looking like a rookie.

2 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

are the eagles having a week 1 bye? The Skins always mop the floor with you guys. Wince is still looking like a rookie.

Well see about that. What ate u like giant texan? We always mop the floor with you guys.

the next time a cowboy fan says anything relevant and accurate about Wentz and the birds, it will be the first time.

I never ever take anything those cockroach, bandwagon, front running, living off thier old history fans say seriously.   

5 minutes ago, Ialone said:

the next time a cowboy fan says anything relevant and accurate about Wentz and the birds, it will be the first time.

I never ever take anything those cockroach, bandwagon, front running, living off thier old history fans say seriously.   

They are panicing because zeke is going to miss 6 games and they know it. 

5 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

They are panicing because zeke is going to miss 6 games and they know it. 

i love when they say he did nothing wrong. like they read and sifted through all the evidence. smh.  

with what we know as fact about him like him pulling down the top of a woman in public without her consent? 

i think that only speaks to how he feels about and treats women in general.

im certain he believes he is innocent, it is quite possible he believes there is nothing wrong with getting rough with a woman....

1 minute ago, Ialone said:

i love when they say he did nothing wrong. like they read and sifted through all the evidence. smh.  

with what we know as fact about him like him pulling down the top of a woman in public without her consent? 

im certain he believes he is innocent, it is quite possible he believes there is nothing wrong with getting rough with a woman....

Yeah none of us know what he did or didnt do but seriously this guys name has been brought up way too much in his first offseason. He can blame the nfl all he wants but it only shows how dumb he is. You want a restraining order against the league that creates your pay check and makes you the star you are? That makes alot of sense. The nfl brand has been in place way before and will be way after ezekiel elliot. He and his attorney are doing himself no favors and if the nfl was really on a witch hunt why arent we constantly hearing about other players off field issues every other week?

Some people have trouble constantly swirling around them, and Elliot is one of those people. They wanted him, they got him. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Ialone said:

And the woman was so upset about it she slept with him twice after he did it.......

Zeke is not angel.  He violated the Conduct Policy, but not the DV policy.  The girl has told so many different stories and been caught in so many lies it it not funny.

Bottom line is the league screwed up with the Ray Rice and Josh Brown cases and they are trying to make everything right by taking a stance of guilty until proven innocent with other players.

This suspension should be 2 maybe 3 games max for conduct.  The NFL has no leg to stand on for DV.

23 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

And the woman was so upset about it she slept with him twice after he did it.......

Zeke is not angel.  He violated the Conduct Policy, but not the DV policy.  The girl has told so many different stories and been caught in so many lies it it not funny.

Bottom line is the league screwed up with the Ray Rice and Josh Brown cases and they are trying to make everything right by taking a stance of guilty until proven innocent with other players.

This suspension should be 2 maybe 3 games max for conduct.  The NFL has no leg to stand on for DV.

And we know that how? Because the defense attorney is slandering the nfl? 

53 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

maybe you should read up on women and domestic violence .  How they act , what they do .  WHY they stay with abuser  and stuff like that .  It seems you do not know much about it ..  My Father beat the living crap out of my mother for years ... Yet she stayed with him and gave him 5 children .  She stayed with him for 20 years even with the abuse .  If you dont see the red flags with Zeke you are just being a blind Cowboys fan .   This Kid could not even be trusted to go to college without a parent ....  even with his father there look at all the crap he did.  God only knows what the University swept under the rug ...  His admitted drug use  can hel open eyes to what players can get away with 

I don't know if Zeke is guilty or not guilty but I don't think he has too much leg to stand on.  The CBA allows the NFL to proceed in the manner that they have. The players caved during the last lockout because they didn't want to miss out on paychecks. Hopefully, they are squirreling money away because negotiating the next CBA in a few years should be very interesting.

2 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Right so it's ok. Thats like saying my dad used to beat up my Mom once a month, but she stayed with him so it's ok.  What kind of twisted thinking is this? 

The DV policy in the NFL is 6 games minimum. The league did not screw up here. ZEKE did. 

5 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

maybe you should read up on women and domestic violence .  How they act , what they do .  WHY they stay with abuser  and stuff like that .  It seems you do not know much about it ..  My Father beat the living crap out of my mother for years ... Yet she stayed with him and gave him 5 children .  She stayed with him for 20 years even with the abuse .  If you dont see the red flags with Zeke you are just being a blind Cowboys fan .   This Kid could not even be trusted to go to college without a parent ....  even with his father there look at all the crap he did.  God only knows what the University swept under the rug ...  His admitted drug use  can hel open eyes to what players can get away with 

Look I don't think it is ever OK to put your hands on a woman?  I have seen it 1st hand as well, but I am also not real sure he put his hands on her.  I don't give crap what drugs he did in college he has never tested positive in the NFL.  More than half the players more than likely did drugs of some sort in college.  His college past has no bearing on this suspension.  Sure they are red flags, but they can't be considered for punishment in this case.  So I ask you again.  What evidence does the NFL have that the Police and the DA did not have?  Ezekiel Elliot has never been convicted of DV.  He has never been charged with DV.  Right now you have a he said / she said incident that is being reviewed by an ex NFL Employee.  It seems like he is being railroaded a little bit.

1 hour ago, Ialone said:

Right so it's ok. Thats like saying my dad used to beat up my Mom once a month, but she stayed with him so it's ok.  What kind of twisted thinking is this? 

The DV policy in the NFL is 6 games minimum. The league did not screw up here. ZEKE did. 

He did not beat the woman whose top was pulled down.  This falls under conduct policy not DV.  That is not 6 games.

3 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

He did not beat the woman whose top was pulled down.  This falls under conduct policy not DV.  That is not 6 games.

He wasn't suspended for pulling her top down, he was suspended for the DV against Tiffany. as per the DV policy.

The pulling the girls top down is just an example of how he does not know right from wrong. How he treats women in general. 

That may be too deep for a cowboys fan to grasp, if so I am sorry.

55 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Look I don't think it is ever OK to put your hands on a woman?  I have seen it 1st hand as well, but I am also not real sure he put his hands on her.  I don't give crap what drugs he did in college he has never tested positive in the NFL.  More than half the players more than likely did drugs of some sort in college.  His college past has no bearing on this suspension.  Sure they are red flags, but they can't be considered for punishment in this case.  So I ask you again.  What evidence does the NFL have that the Police and the DA did not have?  Ezekiel Elliot has never been convicted of DV.  He has never been charged with DV.  Right now you have a he said / she said incident that is being reviewed by an ex NFL Employee.  I as sorry it seems like he is being railroaded a little bit.

But we dont know the facts. You just said...you dont think he did it and claimed hes being railroaded. Does trouble seem to be all around zeek is the question?

That doesnt necessarily make him guilty of dv. He hasnt actually publicly denied the dv either. Seems more that the argument is over the evidence though and not his innoceence. Why does zeek seem to keep being surrounded by trouble and how does that help his case is what you have to ask yourself.

45 minutes ago, Ialone said:

He wasn't suspended for pulling her top down, he was suspended for the DV against Tiffany. as per the DV policy.

The pulling the girls top down is just an example of how he does not know right from wrong. How he treats women in general. 

That may be too deep for a cowboys fan to grasp, if so I am sorry.

I know what he was suspended for.  You missed the part where that whole conversation started about the girl whose shirt he pulled down.  He was questioned about it during his appeal.  He stated the girl slept with him 2 times after he pulled her shirt down.  Once that night and again in the next morning.  I don't think she was that tore up about he whole incident.  Bottom line is he is a Cowboy so for you he is guilty.  I have to ask was it OK when she asked people to lie and say they witnessed the abuse?  How about when she was considering extorting money from him by bribing him with selling a sex tape?  How about when she told him if you cross me I will ruin you?  This woman is far from a victim.

3 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

I know what he was suspended for.  You missed the part where that whole conversation started about the girl whose shirt he pulled down.  He was questioned about it during his appeal.  He stated the girl slept with him 2 times after he pulled her shirt down.  Once that night and again in the next morning.  I don't think she was that tore up about he whole incident.  Bottom line is he is a Cowboy so for you he is guilty.  I have to ask was it OK when she asked people to lie and say they witnessed the abuse?  How about when she was considering extorting money from him by bribing him with selling a sex tape?  How about when she told him if you cross me I will ruin you?  This woman is far from a victim.

Was the woman their to vouch for having sex with zeke? Not saying it didnt happen but you seem hell bent that everyone is out to get zeek and hes done no wrong. Maybe thats true man but there is smoke all over this guy and youre in denial about it 

4 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

And you missed the point about it shows how he thinks of and treats women in genera. Just because she was OK with it doesnt mean it's ok or good conduct. SMH   He is not a good person. 

So because Tiffany is also not a nice person it's ok to beat her up or treat her roughly?

You have to remember, the NFL has evidence you have not seen or heard about yet. And I have no doubt ZEKE thinks he's not guilty with the way he thinks its ok to treat women.