VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

22 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

But we dont know the facts. You just said...you dont think he did it and claimed hes being railroaded. Does trouble seem to be all around zeek is the question?

That doesnt necessarily make him guilty of dv. He hasnt actually publicly denied the dv either. Seems more that the argument is over the evidence though and not his innoceence. Why does zeek seem to keep being surrounded by trouble and how does that help his case is what you have to ask yourself.

People were willing to let Ray Rice off the hook till the video evidence came out. Which by the way came out long after the court of public opinion had already casted it's ballot. 

Oh yeah once the video was released, then everyone changed their mind about Ray. 

Zeke and the boys need to be careful, they could have 3X the amount of damning evidence that we dont have. 

Just now, Ialone said:

People were willing to let Ray Rice off the hook till the video evidence came out. Which by the way came out long after the court of public opinion had already casted it's ballot. 

Oh yeah once the video was released, then everyone changed their mind about Ray. 

Zeke and the boys need to be careful, they could have 3X the amount of damning evidence that we dont have. 

I just dont believe the nfl went through with this with absolutely no evidence as people are claiming. I understand cowboy fans wanting zeke in the lineup but come on man this guy is hot. Hes been in the news for 4 off the field incidents in one offseason. The truth always comes out eventually. 

7 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Was the woman their to vouch for having sex with zeke? Not saying it didnt happen but you seem hell bent that everyone is out to get zeek and hes done no wrong. Maybe thats true man but there is smoke all over this guy and youre in denial about it 

Nope I never said he did no wrong.  Matter of fact I am pretty sure I said he should be suspended for the Conduct Policy.   

2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

But we dont know the facts. You just said...you dont think he did it and claimed hes being railroaded. Does trouble seem to be all around zeek is the question?

That doesnt necessarily make him guilty of dv. He hasnt actually publicly denied the dv either. Seems more that the argument is over the evidence though and not his innoceence. Why does zeek seem to keep being surrounded by trouble and how does that help his case is what you have to ask yourself.

You are wrong here. He has denied it multiple times.

Just now, Hefty Smurf said:

You are wrong here. He has denied it multiple times.

So what do you see the outcome as? I dont think it looks good for zeke. Im also starting to believe the ohio police department takes special care of osu players. They obviously felt they didnt have enough evidence to charge zeke (or conley) as it turns out but im not convinced either of them are truely innocent. Conley changed his story and there seems to be alot of he say/ she say in this case as well. After examining the evidence the nfl came to a different conclusion than the columbus police. Thats a bit of a tell to me. Why would the nfl be out to get zeke? They benefit in ratings from him playing. They have to have found something incriminating there. 

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

So what do you see the outcome as? I dont think it looks good for zeke. Im also starting to believe the ohio police department takes special care of osu players. They obviously felt they didnt have enough evidence to charge zeke (or conley) as it turns out but im not convinced either of them are truely innocent. Conley changed his story and there seems to be alot of he say/ she say in this case as well. After examining the evidence the nfl came to a different conclusion than the columbus police. Thats a bit of a tell to me. Why would the nfl be out to get zeke? They benefit in ratings from him playing. They have to have found something incriminating there. 

I have no clue what the outcome will be.  Personal opinion is he should be suspended 2-3 games for violating the Conduct Policy.  I do not in any way support DV.  If the NFL can come out and show people all the evidence that they found that proves DV and prove he is guilty then my opinion on the matter would change and any suspension they gave him would not be enough. It is like I said earlier I have no trust in someone who asked her friend to Lie to the Police (there is proof of that), or contemplating trying to illegally extort money (proof of this as well), and threatens to ruin is career if he crosses her (again more proof all you have to do is search it).  I am sorry with those facts that have been posted and proved I have a hard time believing he abused her.

44 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

I have no clue what the outcome will be.  Personal opinion is he should be suspended 2-3 games for violating the Conduct Policy.  I do not in any way support DV.  If the NFL can come out and show people all the evidence that they found that proves DV and prove he is guilty then my opinion on the matter would change and any suspension they gave him would not be enough. It is like I said earlier I have no trust in someone who asked her friend to Lie to the Police (there is proof of that), or contemplating trying to illegally extort money (proof of this as well), and threatens to ruin is career if he crosses her (again more proof all you have to do is search it).  I am sorry with those facts that have been posted and proved I have a hard time believing he abused her.

the nfl has no responsibility to show the public the evidence against Zeke. just like if you were fired from your job, your employer does not make public why you wete fired. its actually in Zekes best interest to not make all the evidence public.

look how damning the Ray rice video was

50 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

But seriously though...what would the nfl have to gain ny witch hunting zeke as the defense is claiming? Why wiuld they risk hurting their own ratings if they didnt have real hard evidence?

8 minutes ago, Ialone said:

the nfl has no responsibility to show the public the evidence against Zeke. just like if you were fired from your job, your employer does not make public why you wete fired. its actually in Zekes best interest to not make all the evidence public.

look how damning the Ray rice video was

Yep. I just dont get the defenses claims. The nfl has nothing to gain by going after zeke with no evidence.

7 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I just dont believe the nfl went through with this with absolutely no evidence as people are claiming. I understand cowboy fans wanting zeke in the lineup but come on man this guy is hot. Hes been in the news for 4 off the field incidents in one offseason. The truth always comes out eventually. 

No, the NFL,cited their  "evidence" in their letter to Zeke explaining the suspension...and there was none. They said he could not prove he did not do it.....let that sink in.

other than that I agree that he needed to be suspended for a few games for his other behavior and if he doesn't straighten up, or he could be done. If he so much as litters Goodell will be looking for an excuse to give him 10+ ga es

Worst case scenario? Elliott is granted the TRO, but gets banged up Sunday night. Missed 8 weeks due to injury, and right when he's about to come back, the case is settled in court and he gets suspended for 6 weeks. 

Misses the entire season basically.

:/

On 9/6/2017 at 3:20 PM, bobbywizdum said:

But seriously though...what would the nfl have to gain ny witch hunting zeke as the defense is claiming? Why wiuld they risk hurting their own ratings if they didnt have real hard evidence?

What do they have to gain?

How about credibility. The NFL has gotten absolutely pummeled in the court of public opinion over how they mishandled the Ray RIce & Josh Brown incidents. Goodell almost lost his 40+ million per annum job over the Rice situation.

Goodell and the NFL learned their lesson. When it comes to DV just hammer the player, regardless of the facts, because the fallout from suspending a player is far more preferable than the NYT, WaPO, national writers and ESPN going full blast on how the NFL doesn't take DV seriously and having that blowback possibly effect multi million dollar corporate sponsors.

IMO, the NFL's decision to suspend Elliott has far more to do with them seeking to protect their corporate image, than the facts surrounding the case.

4 hours ago, hobbs said:

How about credibility. The NFL has gotten absolutely pummeled in the court of public opinion over how they mishandled the Ray RIce & Josh Brown incidents. Goodell almost lost his 40+ million per annum job over the Rice situation.

Goodell and the NFL learned their lesson. When it comes to DV just hammer the player, regardless of the facts, because the fallout from suspending a player is far more preferable than the NYT, WaPO, national writers and ESPN going full blast on how the NFL doesn't take DV seriously and having that blowback possibly effect multi million dollar corporate sponsors.

IMO, the NFL's decision to suspend Elliott has far more to do with them seeking to protect their corporate image, than the facts surrounding the case.

Between ray rice and mixon (obviously prior) can you really blame the nfl? Then youve git pederson beating his kid, vick was fighting dogs, big ben under rape suspicion, conley getting accused right before the draft, zeke had 4 off field incidences in his first offseason. 

Everyone gets on goodell for consistency and what not but its gotta be a nightmare. We only see what actually gets past what money cant cover up which is probly about 50 % of it. Add social media and viral videos to the mix and suddenly everyone knows before you. Dear Lord. I mean to me most of zekes stuff was harmless and just dumb however in the big picture i think we are all seeing that unfortunately there are a number of scumbags in the nfl.

5 hours ago, hobbs said:

I believe Hodds said it best. They are protecting the league. This will change they way this is handled from now on. Players have to be very careful in how they spend their time. The league does not have to have proof to hit players anymore. Goodell has all the power and that's they way the NFLPA agree too at the last CBO. This is only the beginning for players and teams moving forward. Fan will be pi$$ed because it's not fair but maybe the players will start acting like men. 

Hey Brown just got suspended 6 games from his domestic violence case when he should've had 6 originally, but only got 1 when he actually played for the Giants.

Hes not even in the league now lol. Is he?

1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

Hey Brown just got suspended 6 games from his domestic violence case when he should've had 6 originally, but only got 1 when he actually played for the Giants.

Hes not even in the league now lol. Is he?

SMH.  This is becoming a farce.....

I have to take off my blue colored glasses for a second and be honest.

The court of law found nothing and dismissed the case.  The NFL did their own investigation and apparently came up with nothing.  The inconsistencies in Tiffany's statement and the fact that she told facetious stories to have Zeke exposed should've all been red flags.  So in all I have no problems with the decision the courts made this evening.

Now, pulling out a woman's breast in public is a different story.  He was recorded doing that and whether she wanted it or liked it doesn't  mean he should've done it in public.  He should have received a 2 game suspension for that and be done with it.

Edited by texasgiantfan

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/09/08/temporary-restraining-order-in-ezekiel-elliots-case-nfl/

I think the NFLPA had the best statement regarding this case:

"Commissioner discipline will continue to be a distraction from our game for one reason: because NFL owners have refused to collectively bargain a fair and transparent process that exists in other sports. This "imposed” system remains problematic for players and the game, but as the honest and honorable testimony of a few NFL employees recently revealed, it also demonstrates the continued lack of integrity within their own league office. ”

It's not whether he should be suspended, or for how long (personally I think he should be suspended for personal conduct, not for 6 games, but for 2-3) it's that the farce that is the NFL doesn't have any real writing or language in place and they just hand stuff out as they see fit.

2 minutes ago, texasgiantfan said:

The court of law found nothing and dismissed the case.  The NFL did their own investigation and apparently came up with nothing.  The inconsistencies in Tiffany's statement and the fact that she told facetious stories to have Zeke exposed should've all been red flags.  So in all I have no problems with the decision the courts made this evening.

Now, pulling out a woman's breast in public is a different story.  He was recorded doing that and whether she wanted it or liked it doesn't  mean he should've done it in public.  He should have received a 2 game suspension for that and be done with it.

I thought adding all the bs he has done he could have gotten 3 or 4 games.

3 minutes ago, texasgiantfan said:

Now, pulling out a woman's breast in public is a different story.  He was recorded doing that and whether she wanted it or liked it doesn't  mean he should've done it in public.  He should have received a 2 suspension for that and be done with it.

I don't disagree with the thoughts here.  I do think some of it came down to perception as well for the NFL.  Better that it looks like they tried their hardest against this, incase it potentially turned out to be worse, than turn the blind eye like they've recently done.  They probably handed it knowing full well it could possibly be over-turned