VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I don't disagree with the thoughts here.  I do think some of it came down to perception as well for the NFL.  Better that it looks like they tried their hardest against this, incase it potentially turned out to be worse, than turn the blind eye like they've recently done.  They probably handed it knowing full well it could possibly be over-turned

Its not really overturned just delayed...basically itll go through more courts. The reality is zeke will likely get caught doing something else before this is even resolved. I still believe they have some kind of hard evidence in this case that they arent revealing. For zekes sake i hope he didnt do it or this will end really badly for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I don't disagree with the thoughts here.  I do think some of it came down to perception as well for the NFL.  Better that it looks like they tried their hardest against this, incase it potentially turned out to be worse, than turn the blind eye like they've recently done.  They probably handed it knowing full well it could possibly be over-turned

Doing their due-diligence is one thing, but being a bully and punishing Zeke for botching the Ray Ray situation is another.  The NFL saying "I don't have evidence but I'm suspending you anyway" approach is a bad look and needs to be addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, texasgiantfan said:

Doing their due-diligence is one thing, but being a bully and punishing Zeke for botching the Ray Ray situation is another.  The NFL saying "I don't have evidence but I'm suspending you anyway" approach is a bad look and needs to be addressed.

Im telling man before this is even resolved i bet you more zeke stuff will arise. The nfl isnt just out to protect their own image or "targeting" zeke.  Something aint right with zeke. Now you got irvin saying cowboys get the wrong kind of special treatment? Didnt he get caught with like a kilo of coke and hes still runnning around? Lmao give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Im telling man before this is even resolved i bet you more zeke stuff will arise. The nfl isnt just out to protect their own image or "targeting" zeke.  Something aint right with zeke. Now you got irvin saying cowboys get the wrong kind of special treatment? Didnt he get caught with like a kilo of coke and hes still runnning around? Lmao give me a break.

What you're saying is purely speculation and that the NFL suspended him not because they had hard evidence but rather the belief Zeke will get in more trouble?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Im telling man before this is even resolved i bet you more zeke stuff will arise. The nfl isnt just out to protect their own image or "targeting" zeke.  Something aint right with zeke. Now you got irvin saying cowboys get the wrong kind of special treatment? Didnt he get caught with like a kilo of coke and hes still runnning around? Lmao give me a break.

If they wanted to "protect Zeke" they'd  have suspended him 2-4 games for conduct detrimental and tried to make this thing die, or at least reduced the suspension on appeal,  so then Roger could say "look, I tried to be a hard a**, but it was overturned or reduced"...but they've done nothing to calm things down, and also I figure if they had real dirt on Zeke, he'd be trying to make it die too, but he had said even if they reduced the suspension to 1 game, he was going to fight it....if they had evidence he'd be practically begging them to release it, because everyone is calling them either crooked or inept, hard evidence vs Zeke would make that all go away....if they had anything, they'd release it.

he deserved 2-4 games for conduct detrimental for pulling the broad's top down and the fight in the club,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

If they wanted to "protect Zeke" they'd  have suspended him 2-4 games for conduct detrimental and tried to make this thing die, or at least reduced the suspension on appeal,  so then Roger could say "look, I tried to be a hard a**, but it was overturned or reduced"...but they've done nothing to calm things down, and also I figure if they had real dirt on Zeke, he'd be trying to make it die too, but he had said even if they reduced the suspension to 1 game, he was going to fight it....if they had evidence he'd be practically begging them to release it, because everyone is calling them either crooked or inept, hard evidence vs Zeke would make that all go away....if they had anything, they'd release it.

he deserved 2-4 games for conduct detrimental for pulling the broad's top down and the fight in the club,

Im not saying they wanna protect zeke. Im saying i dont buy the witch hunt defense. I certainly dont think the league looks into cowboys players more than others. Just more "americas team" mumbo jumbo lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Im not saying they wanna protect zeke. Im saying i dont buy the witch hunt defense. I certainly dont think the league looks into cowboys players more than others. Just more "americas team" mumbo jumbo lol

Oh, I don't buy that it was because he was a cowboy, I just think Goodell assigned some incompetent people to run it, and instead of realizing that and greatly reducing the suspension on appeal once a lot of these things cam out, he let arrogance take over and double downed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Oh, I don't buy that it was because he was a cowboy, I just think Goodell assigned some incompetent people to run it, and instead of realizing that and greatly reducing the suspension on appeal once a lot of these things cam out, he let arrogance take over and double downed 

Goodell is paying for past disgressions.  Remember when he first took office and started handing down retroactive suspensions for player conduct without any written guidlines for sentencing?  Remember when higher than thou fans cheered him for being judge, jury and executioner?

 

Well all of that was OBVIOUSLY going to be bad for the game in the long run.  And here we are 10 years later and even the most cut and dry action by Goodell has judiciary skepticism.  It's so bad that it has gotten to the point that Goodell needs to step down from any player conduct issues and that's nuts since it was always his pet project.

 

NFL sorely, sorely needs an on the field flagrant foul policy AND a written guidlines for off the field suspensions AND an independent comitte that goodell is not  apart of to preside over it.  I told you, I told  you, I told you all over and over again that Goodell's Inquisition was destined to backfire and ultimately be BAD for the league.  I FRIGGIN TOLD YOU ALL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Goodell is paying for past disgressions.  Remember when he first took office and started handing down retroactive suspensions for player conduct without any written guidlines for sentencing?  Remember when higher than thou fans cheered him for being judge, jury and executioner?

 

Well all of that was OBVIOUSLY going to be bad for the game in the long run.  And here we are 10 years later and even the most cut and dry action by Goodell has judiciary skepticism.  It's so bad that it has gotten to the point that Goodell needs to step down from any player conduct issues and that's nuts since it was always his pet project.

 

NFL sorely, sorely needs an on the field flagrant foul policy AND a written guidlines for off the field suspensions AND an independent comitte that goodell is not  apart of to preside over it.  I told you, I told  you, I told you all over and over again that Goodell's Inquisition was destined to backfire and ultimately be BAD for the league.  I FRIGGIN TOLD YOU ALL.

I agree, this is just another example of why the league has to make changes to the policy. It's completely one sided and the players fate has already been decided before they even start arbitration in some cases. I believe the league wanted to make an example of Zeke as they needed a  win in the public opinion. and I'm not saying he don't deserve some form of punishment for what he has done either. 

Part of the problem is that the union has issues as well. They signed off on this year ago and now they are blaming the Goodell for his actions. If the deal wasn't good then why did they agree to the terms. Goodell makes the owner richer then they have ever been but he has many weaknesses in how he runs the league. How do they move forward, I don't know. 

He makes about 40mil a year so I don't think the owners will strip him of his authority over the conduct policy and he may not agree to that either. It will be interesting to see how this case and the league moves forward. 

I also think the players union can do better then Smith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Oh, I don't buy that it was because he was a cowboy, I just think Goodell assigned some incompetent people to run it, and instead of realizing that and greatly reducing the suspension on appeal once a lot of these things cam out, he let arrogance take over and double downed 

You mean even more incompetent than he is? He should have set guidlines for infractions that is cut and dried so everyone knows going in what discipline actions to expect for infractions, he is way too inconsistent to be in office as long as he's been the commisioner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Innocent or guilty, Goodell is a thug who violates his employee's rights.

This should be a slam dunk all the way to the Supreme Court and Judge Denny Chin can suck eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. F Zeke. Only a matter of time before he does something stupid again. They'll get away with paying folks off for this one but his time will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, skippyx said:

Innocent or guilty, Goodell is a thug who violates his employee's rights.

This should be a slam dunk all the way to the Supreme Court and Judge Denny Chin can suck eggs.

All they are doing right now is kicking the can down the road......  Zeke will serve his suspension at some point just like Brady did. 

The NFL, Goodell, they have the power to do what they did, The NFLPA agreed to this during the Collective Bargaining agreement Contract negotiations.  It's been held up in court before... it's not going to change now. 

 

All the Cowboys are doing is putting it off. Dragging it out.   

 

Which is fine with me.... either way Zeke will get suspended, it's just now it may likely be later in the season when they need him most.   To me that makes them idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ialone said:

All they are doing right now is kicking the can down the road......  Zeke will serve his suspension at some point just like Brady did. 

The NFL, Goodell, they have the power to do what they did, The NFLPA agreed to this during the Collective Bargaining agreement Contract negotiations.  It's been held up in court before... it's not going to change now. 

 

All the Cowboys are doing is putting it off. Dragging it out.   

 

Which is fine with me.... either way Zeke will get suspended, it's just now it may likely be later in the season when they need him most.   To me that makes them idiots.

Most legal observers say he almost surely plays the whole year because due to the backlog in federal cases his case won't be heard until March or April of next year. 

I'm pretty sure the NFL wins too and Zeke will miss the 1st 6 next year, but if I'm Dallas I prefer that, it gives them 1 more offseason to hopefully add a little more talent, maybe even another RB, and gives Dak 1 more year to develop so maybe they are better equipped to withstand the suspension next year than they would be this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Most legal observers say he almost surely plays the whole year because due to the backlog in federal cases his case won't be heard until March or April of next year. 

I'm pretty sure the NFL wins too and Zeke will miss the 1st 6 next year, but if I'm Dallas I prefer that, it gives them 1 more offseason to hopefully add a little more talent, maybe even another RB, and gives Dak 1 more year to develop so maybe they are better equipped to withstand the suspension next year than they would be this year. 

You dont think the NFL can get things pushed through ?   Just like Jerry paying off a Texas Judge ... works both ways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

You dont think the NFL can get things pushed through ?   Just like Jerry paying off a Texas Judge ... works both ways 

They couldn't get Brady's case pushed through. I think the only way they can legally expedite a case at the federal level is if it's a matter of national security, or potiential loss of life. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen1 said:

They couldn't get Brady's case pushed through. I think the only way they can legally expedite a case at the federal level is if it's a matter of national security, or potiential loss of life. 

 

This case is a little different than deflated balls  ,  It could be a matter of life or death .  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Most legal observers say he almost surely plays the whole year because due to the backlog in federal cases his case won't be heard until March or April of next year. 

I'm pretty sure the NFL wins too and Zeke will miss the 1st 6 next year, but if I'm Dallas I prefer that, it gives them 1 more offseason to hopefully add a little more talent, maybe even another RB, and gives Dak 1 more year to develop so maybe they are better equipped to withstand the suspension next year than they would be this year. 

What are the chances of zeke violating another policy before trial? Id say very high

Also, he never did publicly say he didnt do it. Only that he looks forward to the chance of "proving his innocence". Not the same thing. They were discussing the issue on first take monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, skippyx said:

Innocent or guilty, Goodell is a thug who violates his employee's rights.

This should be a slam dunk all the way to the Supreme Court and Judge Denny Chin can suck eggs.

Perhaps, but the players/NFLPA agreed to give him that power. Which makes it not a slam dunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 8:47 AM, bobbywizdum said:

What are the chances of zeke violating another policy before trial? Id say very high

Also, he never did publicly say he didnt do it. Only that he looks forward to the chance of "proving his innocence". Not the same thing. They were discussing the issue on first take monday.

Well on the first point I partly agree, and if he does, he deserves whatever he gets.

saying you look forward to proving your innocence is the exact same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McNabb2Jackson7 said:

No Elliot for the season finale against the Eagles?

 

 

They are trying to fight his injunction, so of course they'd say that. But they really have no say in the matter. What would you exspect the, to say? "We'll...I doubt any judge would grant our motion" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 9:11 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Goodell is paying for past disgressions.  Remember when he first took office and started handing down retroactive suspensions for player conduct without any written guidlines for sentencing?  Remember when higher than thou fans cheered him for being judge, jury and executioner?

 

Well all of that was OBVIOUSLY going to be bad for the game in the long run.  And here we are 10 years later and even the most cut and dry action by Goodell has judiciary skepticism.  It's so bad that it has gotten to the point that Goodell needs to step down from any player conduct issues and that's nuts since it was always his pet project.

 

NFL sorely, sorely needs an on the field flagrant foul policy AND a written guidlines for off the field suspensions AND an independent comitte that goodell is not  apart of to preside over it.  I told you, I told  you, I told you all over and over again that Goodell's Inquisition was destined to backfire and ultimately be BAD for the league.  I FRIGGIN TOLD YOU ALL.

I still applaud him for cleaning up the game, even though it has been a flawed process. Do we really yearn to go back to hearing about players off the field transgressions every other week because of a couple of high profile cases that have dragged out?

It might not be a great process and it definitely needs more work, but it is a hell of a lot better then where it was at.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now