Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

On 9/9/2017 at 7:01 AM, Stephen1 said:

If they wanted to "protect Zeke" they'd  have suspended him 2-4 games for conduct detrimental and tried to make this thing die, or at least reduced the suspension on appeal,  so then Roger could say "look, I tried to be a hard a**, but it was overturned or reduced"...but they've done nothing to calm things down, and also I figure if they had real dirt on Zeke, he'd be trying to make it die too, but he had said even if they reduced the suspension to 1 game, he was going to fight it....if they had evidence he'd be practically begging them to release it, because everyone is calling them either crooked or inept, hard evidence vs Zeke would make that all go away....if they had anything, they'd release it.

he deserved 2-4 games for conduct detrimental for pulling the broad's top down and the fight in the club,

Why would the NFL decide to reduce it if he said he would still fight even if it was 1 game?

Even if they thought that 6 games was too much during the appeal and reduced it to 4, they would have lost all leverage going forward. They had two choices in this manner - keep it at 6 or get rid of it all together.

8 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

I still applaud him for cleaning up the game, even though it has been a flawed process. Do we really yearn to go back to hearing about players off the field transgressions every other week because of a couple of high profile cases that have dragged out?

It might not be a great process and it definitely needs more work, but it is a hell of a lot better then where it was at.

How is it better?  We have just as many high profile off the field cases as ever.  Only difference is now the NFL's name gets dragged through the mud in court for labor abuse.  And before anybody points a finger at the union, it's definitely NOT the unions fault.  It's Goodell all the way for introducing such a flawed policy.

Even the on the field improvements were completely F'ed up.  The league had to end SPEARING.  So Goodell dialed up the suspensions and penalties for any helmet to helmet contact, giving us 2-3 years of unwatchable product before finally dialing it back down to where it is now, simply calling the spearing as it should have been.

Dude has not made anything better, and even the improvements only came after initially fumbling big time.

8 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

How is it better?  We have just as many high profile off the field cases as ever.  Only difference is now the NFL's name gets dragged through the mud in court for labor abuse.  And before anybody points a finger at the union, it's definitely NOT the unions fault.  It's Goodell all the way for introducing such a flawed policy.

Even the on the field improvements were completely F'ed up.  The league had to end SPEARING.  So Goodell dialed up the suspensions and penalties for any helmet to helmet contact, giving us 2-3 years of unwatchable product before finally dialing it back down to where it is now, simply calling the spearing as it should have been.

Dude has not made anything better, and even the improvements only came after initially fumbling big time.

They could put a monkey in suite to do better

Image result for monkey in a suit meme

15 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

They could put a monkey in suite to do better

Image result for monkey in a suit meme

How hard is it to make a flagrant foul rule?  NBA has it, even friggin SOCCER has it.  It's so easy:

Flagrant foul = ejection , small fine.

2nd flagrant foul = ejection, larger fine, 1 game suspension

3rd flagrant foul equals = ejection, huge fine, 4 game suspension

4th flagrant fount you're out for the year.

And here's the kicker, it's reset every year.  You don't suspend a star linebacker 6 games for a preseason hit YOU **** COMMISSIONER!  The worst thing Goodell has done that is wrecking him in labor issues is punishing retroactively.  You can't suspend a guy 3 times the normal sentence just because he's been sorta, kinda borderline bad before.  That's not the way it works mate.

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

How hard is it to make a flagrant foul rule?  NBA has it, even friggin SOCCER has it.  It's so easy:

Flagrant foul = ejection , small fine.

2nd flagrant foul = ejection, larger fine, 1 game suspension

3rd flagrant foul equals = ejection, huge fine, 4 game suspension

4th flagrant fount you're out for the year.

And here's the kicker, it's reset every year.  You don't suspend a star linebacker 6 games for a preseason hit YOU **** COMMISSIONER!  The worst thing Goodell has done that is wrecking him in labor issues is punishing retroactively.  You can't suspend a guy 3 times the normal sentence just because he's been sorta, kinda borderline bad before.  That's not the way it works mate.

yes the suspensions are out of hand .  The season is short enough as is .... IF you really want to make them think  , increase the fines .  Make the team fines higher when a player gets one ... Maybe it will start making teams  try a little bit more to control some of these animals 

5 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

yes the suspensions are out of hand .  The season is short enough as is .... IF you really want to make them think  , increase the fines .  Make the team fines higher when a player gets one ... Maybe it will start making teams  try a little bit more to control some of these animals 

I like the use of on the field ejections.  There should be more of that from the refs on the field and less suspensions and fines from the office in the middle of the week.  Ejections belong in the NFL just like you see them in other sports.

Good news, but it isn’t over yet. Zeke and NFLPA are just going to file another appeal in New York 

chances are, with all the legal wrangling, he’ll get to play through the season and simply serve the suspension at the start of next 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds2015 said:

Good news, but it isn’t over yet. Zeke and NFLPA are just going to file another appeal in New York 

chances are, with all the legal wrangling, he’ll get to play through the season and simply serve the suspension at the start of next 

As long as its to a higher court, yes, but at some point he will have to serve this.

At this point, for him and the Cowboys, the only good outcome would be to have legal issues push it into next season.

For this season, though, it would have been far better to have missed the first 6 games than 6 of the remaining games.

If the next 6 are lost, he's gone for 2 divisional games. If the final 6 are lost, he's gone for 3 divisional games.

Dallass.JPG.8daae7c05c806657d1e1ad09cd3eeb9a.JPG

And the Cowboys have a rough stretch with while it is three straight home games, those are a Sunday nighter (against the Eagles), Thanksgiving and the following Thursday night. 

Just now, Pallidrone said:

Yes but one game is against the Giants. I don't think those games count this year....

I never overlook divisional games, no matter how poorly a team is playing. Dallas' lone victory in their 1-15 season was against the Redskins.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I never overlook divisional games, no matter how poorly a team is playing. Dallas' lone victory in their 1-15 season was against the Redskins.

I know. I was poorly making a joke for our Giants friends on the board.

?

1 minute ago, Pallidrone said:

I know. I was poorly making a joke for our Giants friends on the board.

?

I know, I just want to keep Cowboys fans on the edge of anxiety... lol