VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

The way NFL.com is spinning it is Elliot still could potentially not miss a game this season.  They can refile his case.  Which will put his suspension on hold, again....

9 minutes ago, Baynit said:

The way NFL.com is spinning it is Elliot still could potentially not miss a game this season.  They can refile his case.  Which will put his suspension on hold, again....

Yeah, but they (the Cowboy) should use some Ewokian Wisdom and think about the potential games he could miss, if it drags on a little longer and is overturned again. Suppose the suspension is finally upheld with 3 weeks left in the season. That puts him out for the final 3 and the playoffs, if they make it to the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Baynit said:

If I'm Dallas I push him to take the suspension now. Anyone with a shred of common sense can see the NFL acted improperly but at the end of the day the NFL has the right to suspend him and he is going to serve 6 game. This is a lost season for Dallas, I let him sit then come out ready to go next year. Dallas has been drafting well, get a low-mid 1st round pick and get right back in the thick of it next year.  As much as that sucks, I can at least see Dallas has their QB of the future.

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

If I'm Dallas I push him to take the suspension now. Anyone with a shred of common sense can see the NFL acted improperly but at the end of the day the NFL has the right to suspend him and he is going to serve 6 game. This is a lost season for Dallas, I let him sit then come out ready to go next year. Dallas has been drafting well, get a low-mid 1st round pick and get right back in the thick of it next year.  As much as that sucks, I can at least see Dallas has their QB of the future.

Far too soon to say it is a lost season... The Cowboys played well in their recent loss. Just screwed it up at the end.

4 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Far too soon to say it is a lost season... The Cowboys played well in their recent loss. Just screwed it up at the end.

I see it a little differently.  They really needed to be at 4-1 or 5-0 before losing Elliot.  They're 2-3 and now they have 6 games without Elliot and play Washington, KC, ATL and the Eagles during that stretch...

The players gave the NFL the right to do this when they negotiated the last CBA. 

I'm not sure if Elliott Is innocent or guilty, but I don't think he has much of a legal leg to stand upon. The NFL has gotten the case out of Texas and into New York and it's all but over now, save for a last ditch attempt on Elliott's part. He will likely try to file an injunction to delay the suspension while the litigation plays out but Brady did the same thing & ultimately lost.  So, the NFL will point to the ruling in the Brady case and Elliott's injunction will probably be denied based on it.

The next CBA negotiations in 2021 are going to be fun - hope they players are socking money away now, but they likely aren't, which is why they caved during the last lockout and probably will again.

The judge in Texas ruled on the ~merits~ of the case, the 5th Circuit on the ~technicality~ of the Cowboys legal procedure. God forbid the right thing was done in the first place, like a FAIR hearing. If I was the Cowboys, I would definitely DO file for an overturn on the MERITS of the case, since the one and only judge that looked at it that way (including most sane NFL followers that are not mere frightened sheep) did conclude the whole process was wrong from the start, CBA or no CBA.

Above all, this is indeed a ~dangerous~ precedent, in an already totally confused and cannibalistic society,  where a mere accusation from one of it 'sacred cows' can easily get away with anything. This could happen to anyone, in any walk of life. THAT is really what this case is all about.

I hope Jerry Jones is directly responsible for not only slashing Goodell's absurd salary but eventually costing his job altogether; Goodell deserves nothing less. Jerry Jones is the only one with the guts to do so.

9 minutes ago, Mearns said:

The judge in Texas ruled on the ~merits~ of the case, the 5th Circuit on the ~technicality~ of the Cowboys legal procedure. God forbid the right thing was done in the first place, like a FAIR hearing. If I was the Cowboys, I would definitely DO file for an overturn on the MERITS of the case, since the one and only judge that looked at it that way (including most sane NFL followers that are not mere frightened sheep) did conclude the whole process was wrong from the start, CBA or no CBA.

Above all, this is indeed a ~dangerous~ precedent, in an already totally confused and cannibalistic society,  where a mere accusation from one of it 'sacred cows' can easily get away with anything. This could happen to anyone, in any walk of life. THAT is really what this case is all about.

I hope Jerry Jones is directly responsible for not only slashing Goodell's absurd salary but eventually costing his job altogether; Goodell deserves nothing less. Jerry Jones is the only one with the guts to do so.

FB_IMG_1507846375628.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mearns said:

If I was Zeke I would sue the commissioner for defamation or something completely outside the CBA, and sue him for a crap ton of money.....I don't even know if that's possible...but man the NFL was shady...trying to hide witnesses and ish....I mean is that really what you are supppsed to do when  investigating someone? That's something a defense attorney would normally do when trying to hide the truth.

i don't think JJ has the balls to do anything 

58 minutes ago, krash said:

I see it a little differently.  They really needed to be at 4-1 or 5-0 before losing Elliot.  They're 2-3 and now they have 6 games without Elliot and play Washington, KC, ATL and the Eagles during that stretch...

From what I have read, he still won't serve the 6 this year, and sure, Dallas isn't out of it like NY or something, but it just seems like one of those years...they just seem to be finding ways to lose the last 2 weeks

He really should serve the 6 this year. We re not a super bowl or playoff team right now. Losing him 6 next year would suck.

10 minutes ago, madball said:

Suspension starts their next game. Already confirmed. Not eligible to play again until Thanksgiving I think. 

The Eagles, if healthy, should DESTROY that team in 5 weeks.

IF you were falsely accused, what would any of you do? You would fight because you know you have been falsely accused, meaning ~you~ know you are indeed innocent. You have nothing to loose; in fact you may even win, and judging by the DE-merits of how Goodell went about this, Zeke has indeed a chance. Even if one agrees to be a slave to another, the law of the land, not just one precedent (see Brady case), can supersede ANY contract, including the CBA.

There is also another matter - a suspension would void all guarantees in his contract. If he gets hurt, he is totally out of luck in the future.

Either way, this case WILL change the future of the NFL, for never will the players be so shortsighted (and stupid) to give anyone the power of a dictator over their professional lives.

33 minutes ago, Mearns said:

IF you were falsely accused, what would any of you do? You would fight because you know you have been falsely accused, meaning ~you~ know you are indeed innocent. You have nothing to loose; in fact you may even win, and judging by the DE-merits of how Goodell went about this, Zeke has indeed a chance. Even if one agrees to be a slave to another, the law of the land, not just one precedent (see Brady case), can supersede ANY contract, including the CBA.

There is also another matter - a suspension would void all guarantees in his contract. If he gets hurt, he is totally out of luck in the future.

Either way, this case WILL change the future of the NFL, for never will the players be so shortsighted (and stupid) to give anyone the power of a dictator over their professional lives.

ElliotEatingCryingMJgif (1).gif

1 hour ago, Mearns said:

maybe they should grow up and be professionals ....  Not out partying  , groping girls breasts , fighitng ... doing drugs ect .  

11 hours ago, Mearns said:

That is assuming they prepare much better financially for a potential lockout then they did last time.  A lot of these guys are frivolous with their money and the owners know it, which is why they lock them out.  As soon as the threat of missing game checks occurs, they cave.

2 hours ago, ckudrick said:

That is assuming they prepare much better financially for a potential lockout then they did last time.  A lot of these guys are frivolous with their money and the owners know it, which is why they lock them out.  As soon as the threat of missing game checks occurs, they cave.

Yep, it’s amazing to me how a guy making that much can basically live pay check to pay check. The owner have a lot more money and can hold out much longer then the players. The players have be smarter about the next CBA agreement but I’m not sure they will be and the union isn’t very bright either.  I try to teach my boys it doesn’t matter how much you make it matters how much you spend. 

15 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

If I was Zeke I would sue the commissioner for defamation or something completely outside the CBA, and sue him for a crap ton of money.....I don't even know if that's possible...but man the NFL was shady...trying to hide witnesses and ish....I mean is that really what you are supppsed to do when  investigating someone? That's something a defense attorney would normally do when trying to hide the truth.

i don't think JJ has the balls to do anything 

Oh I disagree, you don’t make that kind of money having no balls. JJ is very smart but he would need support and the owners are all but ready to give Goodell an extension and more money. Owners are making truck loads of money with goodell and I don’t see them getting rid of him. 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't expect this to be the end of the issue. Like with Brady, it'll drag out.

Good maybe he will miss both eagles games then lol

Just now, boogyman said:

Good maybe he will miss both eagles games then lol

Unless he decides to take it like a man and get it over with, I'm thinking it'll stretch out into next season.

Always keep in mind that Goodell doesn't do anything that the owners don't want him to do.  He gets paid very handsomely to be the bad guy while they pull the strings behind the scenes. Maybe, in this particular case, Jerruh is ticked at him but you can bet the other 31 aren't.

21 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I said from the beginning they should have took the suspension. Kicking the can down the road always backfires.