VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't expect this to be the end of the issue. Like with Brady, it'll drag out.

Good. This issue is a cancer for the team. Let it drag out as long as possible.!!

23 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

maybe they should grow up and be professionals ....  Not out partying  , groping girls breasts , fighitng ... doing drugs ect .  

Hes like 21 man...im just saying lol not condoning domestic violence but partying and groping chicks that are their with him? 

50 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Hes like 21 man...im just saying lol not condoning domestic violence but partying and groping chicks that are their with him? 

well then he should of chose to be a different profession ... or got a fall guy 

On 10/12/2017 at 6:52 PM, ckudrick said:

The players gave the NFL the right to do this when they negotiated the last CBA. 

I'm not sure if Elliott Is innocent or guilty, but I don't think he has much of a legal leg to stand upon. The NFL has gotten the case out of Texas and into New York and it's all but over now, save for a last ditch attempt on Elliott's part. He will likely try to file an injunction to delay the suspension while the litigation plays out but Brady did the same thing & ultimately lost.  So, the NFL will point to the ruling in the Brady case and Elliott's injunction will probably be denied based on it.

The next CBA negotiations in 2021 are going to be fun - hope they players are socking money away now, but they likely aren't, which is why they caved during the last lockout and probably will again.

And I have always believed the NFL went as far as they did against Brady to avoid being sued for possibly as much as $1 Billion by the Ravens and the City of Baltimore (in the latter case on behalf of local merchants) over deflated balls in the Divisional playoff game the week before the infamous "Deflategate" game against the Colts, the belief being with "normal" balls, the Ravens win that game against the Pats AND the AFC Championship game a week later against the Colts AND Super Bowl XLIX over the Seahawks with most importantly if the latter happened, hosting the season-opening Thursday game in September 2015 after the rioting in Baltimore following the Freddie Gray case.   That to me was why the NFL pushed so hard on that case knowing what happened with the Ravens game.

As for Elliott, the NFL had to do what they did because otherwise, they would have been risking sponsors pulling out under pressure from women's groups to do so, especially after the Ray Rice incident.  And I suspect it was the cumulative actions of what Elliott did are why he got hit like he did, and he's lucky he did not get hit with a season-long suspension like some wanted. 

4 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Elliott wins TRO. Will play Sunday.

14 days ... its just delaying the inevitable.  Keeps his name in headlines  and making a crap show  :D   I hope  the suspension does not go into effect until next year .  Mess up that season too.  Or better yet make him miss a wild card game or something important  

2 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

14 days ... its just delaying the inevitable.  Keeps his name in headlines  and making a crap show  :D   I hope  the suspension does not go into effect until next year .  Mess up that season too.  Or better yet make him miss a wild card game or something important  

Probably won't make the playoffs. But yea, it's kind of dumb. Worst case scenario is he plays all season, we miss playoffs and then he's suspended next season

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Could the NFL and NFLPA have found a way to make this even more embarrassing

Naaa, they're pretty much covering all the bases.

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

Jon, you're looking at it wrong....it's putting on public display even for non football fans at how inept the NFL is in general under Goodells watch. 

32 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

Jon, you're looking at it wrong....it's putting on public display even for non football fans at how inept the NFL is in general under Goodells watch. 

Or how Criminals like to play the Union card because the Union will always Defend them.   The NFLPA is a joke Defending this clown 

10 hours ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

Or how Criminals like to play the Union card because the Union will always Defend them.   The NFLPA is a joke Defending this clown 

The problem is the Union has to.  It will take a Judge that decides a suspension needs to be LONGER because of this for it to stop. 

27 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

The problem is the Union has to.  It will take a Judge that decides a suspension needs to be LONGER because of this for it to stop. 

The more he drags it out it needs to be Longer than 6 games , he shouldn't be able to keep getting a stay

9 minutes ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

The more he drags it out it needs to be Longer than 6 games , he shouldn't be able to keep getting a stay

they can make it up to 10 

6 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

they can make it up to 10 

And the NFL could easily counter they are under pressure from outside groups to make it a season-long suspension or even longer, and six is the minimum. 

50 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

No, the problem is you can't read, or don't actually follow the facts of a case, then feint outrage.

Despite supposedly investigating this for over a year the NFL ran a shoddy investigation. As another NFL insider put it the NFL decided on a punishment before the investigation and then conducted the investigation to fit that outcome. The NFL did not want egg on it's face and a repeat of the Ray Rice or giant kicker case where they issue a penalty, then have more info come out later and be seen as going soft. So they sat and waited for almost a year to see if any other evidence came out...it didn't.

So why is the NFLPA still defending Elliott? The NFL hands down 6 games, NFLPA appeals and the following happens.

1. NFL denies access to the accuser and the transcripts of her interviews

2. NFL argues that they do not need to make their lead investigator available (only person that met with the accuser)  because she agrees with the NFL's ruling.

3. The lead investigator does get called to testify and reveals she recommended no suspension because the accuser was caught lying and threatening blackmail and lead investigator was then excluded from the process. (The fact that the NFL didn't send anyone else to even get a 2nd opinion on the accuser but still sided with her shows there was no real investigation) 

4. The NFL stated they had 2 medical examiners examine photos and the ME's determined they could determine the bruises happened when the accuser said they did. They tried to deny the NFLPA's request to cross examine the ME's, that failed, then the NFL said only one was available to testify and that the other was in the hospital and unavailable....which turned out to be a lie, the 2nd ME was not in the hospital and upon cross examination the other ME, the one the NFL provided admitted they could not accurately tell when the bruises occurred...

so based off all that you think the NFLPA's reaction should be "well, everything seems on the up and up"

Minus any evidence that Zeke did anything in this case, but factoring in his other transgressions a 4 game suspension for conduct detrimental would have been fair and much easier defended, and more importantly, if the NFL didn't act so shady and dishonest during the investigation all these questions would not have been raised.

as a rule of thumb, the party in any court case trying to hide evidence,  suppress witnesses and caught lying is usually not the one looking for the truth.

6 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

No, the problem is you can't read, or don't actually follow the facts of a case, then feint outrage.

Despite supposedly investigating this for over a year the NFL ran a shoddy investigation. As another NFL insider put it the NFL decided on a punishment before the investigation and then conducted the investigation to fit that outcome. The NFL did not want egg on it's face and a repeat of the Ray Rice or giant kicker case where they issue a penalty, then have more info come out later and be seen as going soft. So they sat and waited for almost a year to see if any other evidence came out...it didn't.

So why is the NFLPA still defending Elliott? The NFL hands down 6 games, NFLPA appeals and the following happens.

1. NFL denies access to the accuser and the transcripts of her interviews

2. NFL argues that they do not need to make their lead investigator available (only person that met with the accuser)  because she agrees with the NFL's ruling.

3. The lead investigator does get called to testify and reveals she recommended no suspension because the accuser was caught lying and threatening blackmail and lead investigator was then excluded from the process. (The fact that the NFL didn't send anyone else to even get a 2nd opinion on the accuser but still sided with her shows there was no real investigation) 

4. The NFL stated they had 2 medical examiners examine photos and the ME's determined they could determine the bruises happened when the accuser said they did. They tried to deny the NFLPA's request to cross examine the ME's, that failed, then the NFL said only one was available to testify and that the other was in the hospital and unavailable....which turned out to be a lie, the 2nd ME was not in the hospital and upon cross examination the other ME, the one the NFL provided admitted they could not accurately tell when the bruises occurred...

so based off all that you think the NFLPA's reaction should be "well, everything seems on the up and up"

Of course, but the problem is, you have some groups that don't care and in some cases want Elliot suspended for a year or more.  The actions he's done since also I think were in play when this was decided.  

34 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Of course, but the problem is, you have some groups that don't care and in some cases want Elliot suspended for a year or more.  The actions he's done since also I think were in play when this was decided.  

Yeah, I think the minor things that happened after warrant a 2-4 game suspension under the umbrella of the "conduct detrimental" clause, but trying to shoehorn in a DV suspension and being deceitful and dishonest during the process is what had led us to this.

Goodell should have just said "cause I said so" and he'd be better off, because he basically has that right under the CBA. But when you try and keep people from testifying, misrepresent testimony, hide transcripts, hide witnesses you pretty much force the NFLPA's hand. If your job is to represent players, how do you ignore that? That is the reason courts have granted the restraining orders. 

56 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

That is the reason courts have granted the restraining orders. 

I expected the restraining orders, as much as I enjoy seeing non-Eagles players suspended, it's better to delay the punishment while the court system works on the issue than to punish now and apologize later, if the decision is to come out in favor of the player. Plus, if the courts ultimately decide that the NFL is within its rights to suspend him, he's going to miss an Eagles game whether it happens now or in 2 or 3 weeks. So it's all good... Eagle_smiley.jpg 

15 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

Probably won't make the playoffs. But yea, it's kind of dumb. Worst case scenario is he plays all season, we miss playoffs and then he's suspended next season

Im not so sure about you guys not being able to make the playoffs. Pretty much every top team in the conference  lost except us.  Green bay is toast. If we slip up you guys could overtake us, and we have 2 head to head games coming. Even if we continue to ball out a wildcard is certainly possible for Dallas.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:04 PM, Sportsdude360 said:

There is no solid proof of anything!

Hey Zeke has played every game so far. Is he on that 2000 yard pace? I have not paid much attention to the lower part of the division this season.

I'm not sure why these suspension issues keep getting dragged out. The CBA, agreed to by the NFLPA, grants Goodell authority to decide on suspensions. End of story. 

Whether it's right or wrong, this was the agreement and I see no way the decision could, or should, be overturned unless the league decided on their own to reverse their decision. The players have no legal ground to stand on when they themselves are the ones who agreed to this. If they don't like it, then change it in the next CBA. 

8 hours ago, nipples said:

I'm not sure why these suspension issues keep getting dragged out. The CBA, agreed to by the NFLPA, grants Goodell authority to decide on suspensions. End of story. 

Whether it's right or wrong, this was the agreement and I see no way the decision could, or should, be overturned unless the league decided on their own to reverse their decision. The players have no legal ground to stand on when they themselves are the ones who agreed to this. If they don't like it, then change it in the next CBA. 

Overall I agree, 99% sure he serves it in the end. However the NFL has obviously acted in a underhanded and dishonest fashion, all three judges alluded it to to. Zeke is arguing that sure players agreed to let Goodell decide punishment, but they did not agree to let the NFL act in a dishonest fashion during the investigation. Will a court agree with him? I doubt it, but it's a valid arguement.