VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

Just now, Stephen1 said:

Overall I agree, 99% sure he serves it in the end. However the NFL has obviously acted in a underhanded and dishonest fashion, all three judges alluded it to to. Zeke is arguing that sure players agreed to let Goodell decide punishment, but they did not agree to let the NFL act in a dishonest fashion during the investigation. Will a court agree with him? I doubt it, but it's a valid arguement.

None of that really matters when the process that is being followed is what was contractually agreed upon. There was no "Don't be a jerk" clause in there as far as I'm aware.

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

None of that really matters when the process that is being followed is what was contractually agreed upon. There was no "Don't be a jerk" clause in there as far as I'm aware.

It's not "don't be a jerk" it's "you can't lie and hide evidence". Courts overstep their bounds all the time in ruling on various things. Look at the Trump travel bans...like them or not,(not a fan)  based on previous cases and legal precedent they were never illegal, but numerous judges ruled based off what they felt, not the law.

not too far of a stretch to think a judge might look at the behavior of the NFL and think sure, the NFL players agreed to let Goodell have final say  and technically it's legal,  but decide the NFL violated the spirit of the CBA by lying and being dishonest during the process.....did the players agree that Goodell could lie and hide evidence? I doubt it says that anywhere in the CBA. If a judge takes that stance I could see them ruling in Zeke's favor.

i'm not betting on it, but it's not crazy

7 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

It's not "don't be a jerk" it's "you can't lie and hide evidence". Courts overstep their bounds all the time in ruling on various things. Look at the Trump travel bans...like them or not,(not a fan)  based on previous cases and legal precedent they were never illegal, but numerous judges ruled based off what they felt, not the law.

not too far of a stretch to think a judge might look at the behavior of the NFL and think sure, the NFL players agreed to let Goodell have final say  and technically it's legal,  but decide the NFL violated the spirit of the CBA by lying and being dishonest during the process.....did the players agree that Goodell could lie and hide evidence? I doubt it says that anywhere in the CBA. If a judge takes that stance I could see them ruling in Zeke's favor.

i'm not betting on it, but it's not crazy

And if he did favor , I would question the judge ruling rather he was a Dallas fan or Zeke is paying him to favor him, Courts shouldnt have a Say in NFL legal matters

5 minutes ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

And if he did favor , I would question the judge ruling rather he was a Dallas fan or Zeke is paying him to favor him, Courts shouldnt have a Say in NFL legal matters

That's illogical, the CBA is a legal court document, so of course judges can rule on rather something is allowed or not allowed by the CBA. Courts absolutely have the ability to rule on NFL matters that involve the CBA and have done so numerous times going back to FA...that was decided in a court of law.

For me it is still hard to believe this guy is still playing. And not even just playing he had a great game yesterday against the Niners.

But the guy has shown that he has no respect for women what so ever. There is enough evidence for that so that the NFL could and should suspend the guy. But it seems to be very easy for him to keep finding ways to keep playing and being important for his team. This guy with his attitude de mer should be sitting at home and thinking how to better his life. 

But hey wat does a guy from The Netherlands know?

On 10/23/2017 at 6:21 AM, Fuzzzz75 said:

For me it is still hard to believe this guy is still playing. And not even just playing he had a great game yesterday against the Niners.

But the guy has shown that he has no respect for women what so ever. There is enough evidence for that so that the NFL could and should suspend the guy. But it seems to be very easy for him to keep finding ways to keep playing and being important for his team. This guy with his attitude de mer should be sitting at home and thinking how to better his life. 

But hey wat does a guy from The Netherlands know?

Personally I hope that he plays in both games so this defense can smack him in the damn mouth.

This would be a GREAT time for him to serve his suspension. He would miss 3 Division games, and also miss K.C., Atlanta and the Chargers. There would be a legit chance they could drop 6 in a row.... 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

From my understanding he could no longer appeal, as today's decision was final???

Just now, birdman said:

From my understanding he could no longer appeal, as today's decision was final???

I haven't followed it closely enough to know. If he can't, and has to serve his time, Jones will do all he can to sabotage the Goodell extension.

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

How many times can they keep appealing?

My understanding of legal appeals is they could take an appeal all the way to the US Supreme Court, if they would agree to hear it. But how many times can he appeal to this particular court? I don't know.

Ezekiel Elliott suspension set to start again after ruling

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870129/article/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-set-to-start-again-after-ruling

Published: Oct. 30, 2017 at 10:26 p.m.

Updated: Oct. 30, 2017 at 10:32 p.m.

A federal judge denied the NFL Players Association's request for a preliminary injunction in the Ezekiel Elliott case on Monday, and the Dallas Cowboys running back's suspension is set to begin later this week.

Judge Katherine P. Failla's ruling will bar Elliott from playing as the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York reviews the NFLPA's petition to void his six-game suspension. The ruling is stayed for 24 hours -- meaning Elliott won't be officially suspended until the stay expires.

Elliott's chances of returning to the field are growing smaller, but he still has legal options. The union could file an appeal with the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, according to NFL Network legal analyst Gabe Feldman.

The decision comes two weeks after the same court granted the union's request for a temporary restraining order that put Elliott's suspension on hold after the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed the case. Failla turned down the NFL's request for an expedited hearing last week, which allowed the second-year running back to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins. Elliott's suspension has actually gone into effect two separate times this season, but he hasn't missed a game.

Unless his lawyers manage to get his suspension lifted again, Elliott is set to miss the next six games against the Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Chargers, Redskins and New York Giants before being eligible to play in Week 15 against the Oakland Raiders on Dec. 17.

The Southern District of New York offers the best remaining opportunity for Elliott to have his suspension overturned, Feldman said. As NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, Elliott's 14-day window to file for a full-court rehearing -- also known as a rehearing en banc -- with the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has expired. He could request for a rehearing "out of time" with the 5th Circuit, court case manager Amanda Sutton-Foy told Pelissero. But full-panel rehearings are rare. The 5th Circuit granted six en banc rehearings out of 200 petitions last year, according to Feldman. A federal appeals court rejected Tom Brady's en banc request during Deflategate.

Elliott was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in August following a year-long investigation into domestic violence allegations made by Tiffany Thompson, his former girlfriend. The league concluded he violated its personal conduct policy, which mandates a six-game suspension for first-time domestic violence violations. Elliott, 22, was never charged and has denied wrongdoing.

The NFLPA's lawsuit, which was filed on the same day Elliott's appeal hearing ended, doesn't try to undermine the factual conclusions from the NFL's investigation -- it challenges the process the league undertook to suspend Elliott, Feldman said. The NFL wants to enforce Elliott's suspension this season and confirm Goodell's authority to issue punishment based on "conduct detrimental" to the league as mandated in Article 46 of the collective bargaining agreement.

It's virtually the same argument the NFL deployed in ultimately successful appeals against Tom Brady during Deflategate and Adrian Peterson after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless assault.

Still, there could be a long way to go before a final decision is made on Elliott's appeal.

What gets me is how he wants to keep appealing acting as if he did nothing wrong to begin with. I get that the Cowboys & the players union have to stand by him but at some point he's just gotta eat it and let it go. Hell even Brady just had to do it. I'm sure the Cowboys are tired of having to answer questions about this. But the longer he drags this out, the more time is wasted with it. It's a distraction this season and if it goes into next season it'll be a distraction and he'll lose time then too.

He would have been done with the suspension by now and been back for the stretch run of the season.  Also, another reason to hate the boys as they seem to think they are above the law.