Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

8 hours ago, toolg said:

So only a 2-game suspension? Even Goodell said he didn't get it right.

I was referring to the total blackballing from the league part.  

Its strange that this is coming from Carter but it wouldn't surprise me that the league is leaking this info to prepare Dallas fans for the incoming blow.

8 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They just lost Tyrone Crawford as well. They are unraveling quickly

Injury or suspension?

On 8/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Captain F said:

Oh, im sorry... Are you the police, DA, investigator, or anyone else with direct info on the matter?

No?

Didnt think so. 

If the league suspends him, you bet your arse there is some kind of solid proof. If they suspend him over hearsay, they open themselves up to lawsuits.  

Agreed.

In an administrative decision by an employer, like a suspension, the standard of proof that must be met is by a preponderance of the evidence, just like a civil suit. All that means is "more likely than not." They'll have to have enough proof to reasonably get to that decision, but it's nowhere near the proof needed for a conviction in a criminal trial.

If it's more likely than not that he hit her, he's done and he'll be suspended. Should be interesting.

15 hours ago, Captain F said:

I was referring to the total blackballing from the league part.  

That's different. Zeke is not in that much trouble... Ray Rice was blackballed because he wasn't any good any more. Zeke is still pretty young with a lot of tread left.

I wish people understood the implication of throwing around a term like blackballed. It never happens anymore after collusion lawsuits. Each team individually decided a guy punching a woman in the face on video who also had a 3.1 ypc season is not someone they want to employ.

If no medical company will hire me as CEO, am I now being blackballed too?

2 hours ago, skippyx said:

I wish people understood the implication of throwing around a term like blackballed. It never happens anymore after collusion lawsuits. Each team individually decided a guy punching a woman in the face on video who also had a 3.1 ypc season is not someone they want to employ.

Exactly .... Im a veteran  and father of 4 . Dont I deserve a job .... Why has NFL not givening me one . 

6 hours ago, skippyx said:

Forward this along to Kaepernick. 

Wow. You have to be a violent mongloid to attack the same woman 5 times in a week.

Stay classy, Cowboys fans.

Per PFT...

It may come Friday, it could be bumped into next week. Regardless of the timing, the prevailing view in league circles is that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott will be suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

One league source characterized an Elliott suspension as "definite.” The specific duration of the suspension isn’t known, however.

The Cowboys open the regular season with games against the Giants, Broncos, Cardinals, Rams, and Packers.

Earlier this week, Cris Carter said on FS1 that a suspension is coming, and that the suspension will be accompanied by evidence of domestic violence, and possibly by proof that Elliott destroyed evidence in connection with the investigation. Carter suggested that the punishment will be in the range of the four-game suspension imposed on Patriots quarterback Tom Bradyin 2015.

Elliott is accused of five incidents of domestic violence over a six-day period in July 2016. Last Thursday night, appearing in the NBC booth during the Hall of Fame game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones suggested that a suspension could be imposed for unspecified incidents other than the domestic violence claim.

In March, Elliott was videotaped pulling a woman’s top down at a St. Patrick’s Day parade. More recently, he allegedly broke a DJ’s nose at a club in Dallas.

Jones consistently has claimed that he has seen no evidence of domestic violence. Two weeks ago, he described a decision on Elliott’s status as "imminent.”

Friday traditionally represents a day on which organizations dump bad news into the public eye, believing that it will get less attention during the weekend than early in a work week. That theory may not apply as strongly during the first full weekend of the NFL preseason, given that games will be broadcast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday — including a nationally-televised rematch of last year’s memorable (for a preseason game) Cowboys-Rams game at the L.A. Coliseum on Saturday night.

With a growing expectation that a decision is coming Friday, the league easily could decide to hold the announcement until early next week. Either way, at this point the only lingering mystery is the number of games Elliott will miss, and whether his inevitable internal appeal will have a chance of prevailing.

There’s also a possibility that Elliott will challenge the suspension in court, seeking a temporary injunction that would block the suspension until the litigation is resolved. While such lawsuits rarely succeed, Elliott could be able to cobble together enough of a case to persuade a judge to let him play while the court system considers the merits of his claims.

What a POS. He should get 5 games for every incident. So... 25 games. F him. I have no compassion for cowards that hit women. 

the pulling down top part also serious? that is not a form of punishment? don't guys get in trouble for just touching women now?

From the Roger Goodell letter to owners on August 28, 2014:

Finally, and consistent with our Personal Conduct Policy, our own response to domestic violence or sexual assault incidents by NFL personnel will include new elements of evaluation, treatment and family support, as well as enhanced discipline. We will address these issues fairly and thoughtfully, respecting the rights of all involved and giving proper deference to law enforcement and the courts. If someone is charged with domestic violence or sexual assault, there will be a mandatory evaluation and, where professionally indicated, counseling or other specialized services. Effective immediately, violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense, with consideration given to mitigating factors, as well as a longer suspension when circumstances warrant. Among the circumstances that would merit a more severe penalty would be a prior incident before joining the NFL, or violence involving a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman or in the presence of a child. A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL; while an individual may petition for reinstatement after one year, there will be no presumption or assurance that the petition will be granted. These disciplinary standards will apply to all NFL personnel.

Anything less than 6 games will show extreme bias to the Dallas organization

odd.  I have it on good authority that there was no evidence.

:roll: 

This just in. Goodall, after realizing the Cowboys have primetime games and Zeke may be going for 2000 yards, rescinded the suspension.

11 minutes ago, paco said:

odd.  I have it on good authority that there was no evidence.

Primetime games and TV ratings and....