VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

1 minute ago, WestPaEaglesNest said:

Best part about this is he would be past this and playing if he didn’t appeal the initial suspension. 

Yeah looks like that will backfire on them.

Everything seems to falling the Eagle's way. Now they just need to get the LT before 4pm.

He didn't lose his appeal, he was just denied the request for a preliminary injunction. I don't expect this to be the last word on it.

17 minutes ago, AceofSpades said:

What gets me is how he wants to keep appealing acting as if he did nothing wrong to begin with. I get that the Cowboys & the players union have to stand by him but at some point he's just gotta eat it and let it go. Hell even Brady just had to do it. I'm sure the Cowboys are tired of having to answer questions about this. But the longer he drags this out, the more time is wasted with it. It's a distraction this season and if it goes into next season it'll be a distraction and he'll lose time then too.

The Brady suspension to me always had to do with one factor I think that was overlooked by almost everyone, what happened one week before the "Deflategate" game:

The Ravens had to deal with similar issues in the Divisional Playoff and there are those who think the deflated balls cost the Ravens that game.  If the Ravens won that game, they likely beat the Colts (at home) in the AFC Championship Game and very possibly beat the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX.  More importantly, the Ravens are the following September hosting the Thursday night opening game after the rioting in Baltimore following the Freddie Gray incident and I suspect the NFL was under pressure from the Ravens and the City of Baltimore to suspend Brady at all costs based on that.  I can see where Goodell would have been under pressure to suspend Brady given that, especially if the Ravens and the City of Baltimore threatened to sue for 10 figures over that.  

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't followed it closely enough to know. If he can't, and has to serve his time, Jones will do all he can to sabotage the Goodell extension.

I,hope so...f Goodell 

that said, this is probably for the best, he is going to serve this at some point, with their schedule Dallas will have a tough time making the wildcard, mainly because the defense sucked so bad early. And I don't want this bleed over into next year.

Dallas is very good  on offense w/ Zeke...getting 28.8 ppg, and that is with them getting almost no help with D/ST like most teams get (last game not withstanding)

the 3-4 rookies Dallas has starting/playing a lot of minutes on D can develop, Dallas will pick mid teens....unlike years past Dallas should have about 20m to spend in FA to add a couple mid level guys....throw in the easier schedule and I have a lot of confidence in Dallas heading into 2018.

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

I,hope so...f Goodell 

that said, this is probably for the best, he is going to serve this at some point, with their schedule Dallas will have a tough time making the wildcard, mainly because the defense sucked so bad early. And I don't want this bleed over into next year.

Dallas is very good  on offense w/ Zeke...getting 28.8 ppg, and that is with them getting almost no help with D/ST like most teams get (last game not withstanding)

the 3-4 rookies Dallas has starting/playing a lot of minutes on D can develop, Dallas will pick mid teens....unlike years past Dallas should have about 20m to spend in FA to add a couple mid level guys....throw in the easier schedule and I have a lot of confidence in Dallas heading into 2018.

Dallas better start saving up that cash for when Dak and Zeke want to start getting theirs

SAD!

So "the "benefit of its bargain" under the CBA outweighed any harm that would be suffered by Elliott were he to be suspended." She should have added - or any other player, since there will be more harmed by this ruling. If there is a work stoppage, she will be part of the reason..
Incredible logic. She followed the 'company line'. This is what the NFL gets for getting so involved with 'women issues' and for PC reasons allow them to set the low standards that sexual harassment and domestic violence cases should be considered, standards totally OUTSIDE the law of the land, that should protect anyone accused of anything.
She should have also considered the harm to the integrity to the league, since now NFL records will be artificially changed based on an event that happened before a player even started playing football in the NFL!
The day Goodell drops dead, I will rejoice. In the meantime, I hope Jerry Jones single-handedly destroys his career.. He deserves nothing less. And the hell with any hypocrite that feels this is right.

You people celebrating like this is over are funny. His lawyers will likely be able to drag this out for the rest of the season with appeals, injunctions, etc.

3 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Dallas better start saving up that cash for when Dak and Zeke want to start getting theirs

SAD!

Zeke will be in prison by then.

9 minutes ago, Mearns said:

...outweighed any harm that would be suffered by Elliott were he to be suspended.

What harm are they saying he would suffer?

9 minutes ago, Andre Hopkins said:

You people celebrating like this is over are funny. His lawyers will likely be able to drag this out for the rest of the season with appeals, injunctions, etc.

I agree with you.   I think he plays all season.   In my opinion, I would rather beat them for the division with all their weapons on the field.   Nothing is better than knocking them off when they have no excuses.   Remember 44-6

He's going to play all season. When all is said and done he will get that suspension reduced or eliminated.  

This appeal is f'in over!

9 minutes ago, GNS_CLFD said:

I agree with you.   I think he plays all season.   In my opinion, I would rather beat them for the division with all their weapons on the field.   Nothing is better than knocking them off when they have no excuses.   Remember 44-6

I don't think so. This was the appeal.

15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Emotional trauma. Poor guy has to live life knowing he can’t get away with anything he wants, anymore.

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Financial harm, has lost millions of dollars and it will cost him more going forward.

jist remember how happy you were about Goodell abusing his power in 2yrs when their is no football for an extended period of time

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My understanding of legal appeals is they could take an appeal all the way to the US Supreme Court, if they would agree to hear it. But how many times can he appeal to this particular court? I don't know.

This ruling is in the Southern District of NY. The appeal would be to the 2nd Circuit, which oversees the SDNY courts. After the Circuit Court, the next and final level is the Supreme Court. Think of it this way:

District —> Circuit Court of Appeals —> SCOTUS

This is for a preliminary injuction, which requires the peititioner (in this case Elliott) to prove, among other things, irreparable harm and a likelihood of success on the merits. Seems this judge thinks he is unlikely to succeed. 

A preliminary injunction is an extraordinary measure that isn’t routinely granted, FWIW. 

LOL suspension back on  :D  Perfect timing to miss the Eagles game and other important games that could of led to Playoffs. JJ and Zeke should of just taking the 6 games and been done with it .  Would of been forgotten by mnow .  But I love that thing stays high in headlines 

33 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

SAD!

That's like saying it's a bad thing Wentz is so good because they will have to pay him. Dak will get the big long term deal, Zeke will probably get a couple franchise tags and then replaced.

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

This ruling is in the Southern District of NY. The appeal would be to the 2nd Circuit, which oversees the SDNY courts. After the Circuit Court, the next and final level is the Supreme Court. Think of it this way:

District —> Circuit Court of Appeals —> SCOTUS

This is for a preliminary injuction, which requires the peititioner (in this case Elliott) to prove, among other things, irreparable harm and a likelihood of success on the merits. Seems this judge thinks he is unlikely to succeed. 

A preliminary injunction is an extraordinary measure that isn’t routinely granted, FWIW. 

The appeals court he will appeal to tomorrow is the same one that ruled in the NFL's favor relative to Brady and Peterson.....he's sitting for 6 

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Financial harm, has lost millions of dollars and it will cost him more going forward.

jist remember how happy you were about Goodell abusing his power in 2yrs when their is no football for an extended period of time

Serving his suspension while the case goes forward doesn't mean that he'll lose money. If he's suspended for 6 games, serves it and then wins the case, the NFL would owe him 6 game checks.

Another option would be to place him on the commissioner's list until the case is settled. No playing, but full pay. If he wins, he plays. If he loses, he begins his 6 game suspension. I think that's more than fair. Not only that, it would protect him from any concussions that he might suffer during those 22 games that he'd be sitting out. (16 on the Commissioners list, 6 on suspension) ... both fair and compassionate!

Just now, Stephen1 said:

The appeals court he will appeal to tomorrow is the same one that ruled in the NFL's favor relative to Brady and Peterson.....he's sitting for 6 

It always depends on the judges you draw, but the NFL has the home court advantage in the SDNY and 2nd Circuit. Elliott’s best hope is that the 2nd Circuit issues a temporary injunction until they can hear arguments - maybe buys him another week or 2. Even that is unlikely, but possible.