VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Serving his suspension while the case goes forward doesn't mean that he'll lose money. If he's suspended for 6 games, serves it and then wins the case, the NFL would owe him 6 game checks.

Another option would be to place him on the commissioner's list until the case is settled. No playing, but full pay. If he wins, he plays. If he loses, he begins his 6 game suspension. I think that's more than fair. Not only that, it would protect him from any concussions that he might suffer during those 22 games that he'd be sitting out. (16 on the Commissioners list, 6 on suspension) ... both fair and compassionate!

If his lawyers are smart, they will bring up (i) incentives in his contract and (ii) the impact of season totals on his second contract. A judge could still rule that the NFL could compensate him and quantity those damages, but it is not as simple as 6 checks. 

The unlikelihood of winning is the bigger issue. 

39 minutes ago, Andre Hopkins said:

You people celebrating like this is over are funny. His lawyers will likely be able to drag this out for the rest of the season with appeals, injunctions, etc.

honestly it might have been better long term if he played all year this year and they finished in second and make or miss the playoffs. then next year they start the first 6 games without zeke so the eagles win the division this year and then next year get a chance for dallas to be hurting after the first six games without zeke

1 hour ago, emale said:

Chiefs

@Falcons

Eagles

Chargers

Redskins

@Giants

IF his suspension sticks, there is a very real chance they go 1-5 maybe even 0-6 over that span. 

Just now, Captain F said:

IF his suspension sticks, there is a very real chance they go 1-5 maybe even 0-6 over that span. 

kind of want them not to go 1-5 or 0-6 that way they dont get too high draft pick to add to the team for next year. id take 2-4. puts them at 6 wins and 7 losses. they will try to win out basically making their pick worse. heck the eagles week 17 if they have nothing to play for could just rest guys giving them an extra win and they miss the playoffs at like 8-8 or 9-7 thus boning themselves in the draft pick

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

They'll keep appealing until they get a judge who will drop the suspension for an autographed helmet and a lap dance on Jerry's party bus.

1 minute ago, ggs5008 said:

So is it going to stick this time?

Most likely. Very rarely does anyone get another rehearing. I think I read 6/200 last year. The next rehearing is the same one Tom Brady failed to get for deflategate.

I just thought it was funny that Cowboys fans were celebrating and talkin' ish on twitter today because people with blue check marks next to their names were saying "sources" were telling them "Zeke is free...will play the rest of the season."  Then the rug was yanked out from under them. :lol:

1 hour ago, Andre Hopkins said:

You people celebrating like this is over are funny. His lawyers will likely be able to drag this out for the rest of the season with appeals, injunctions, etc.

I saw somewhere that only 6/200 cases last year won the next level of appeal that Elliot can persue and that Tom Brady failed the next stage for deflategate.

35 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

It always depends on the judges you draw, but the NFL has the home court advantage in the SDNY and 2nd Circuit. Elliott’s best hope is that the 2nd Circuit issues a temporary injunction until they can hear arguments - maybe buys him another week or 2. Even that is unlikely, but possible. 

Nah I think stephen is right...  You are staying politically correct by saying there is still a chance.  Because technically there is...  But at this point...  Its near zero.  He is sitting the 6 games.  Appeals are very hard to win and not only that but its going to the same court that Brady lost in for basically the same argument (even though the NFLPA is trying to say its different).  Also...  Getting an appeal hearing before the game against KC is a long-shot so he is almost guaranteed to miss that one.

Cowboy fans might want to start getting used to the idea of not seeing Zeke for a while.

9 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I saw somewhere that only 6/200 cases last year won the next level of appeal that Elliot can persue and that Tom Brady failed the next stage for deflategate.

oh he is eventually serving this suspension. i think the thing this entire time is just not doing so this year

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

oh he is eventually serving this suspension. i think the thing this entire time is just not doing so this year

Exactly right. This is about delaying this until next seasons if nothing else.

1 minute ago, Andre Hopkins said:

Exactly right. This is about delaying this until next seasons if nothing else.

Rather moronic of them to do so tbh.

Now back as a fan of their rival....

I wanted zeke to play against us because I wanted to beat them at full strength.  UGH.  Now when we most likely beat them there will be excuses cause that's what most of their fan-base does.  Freaking sucks.  I think we would of beat them (#1 Rush defense and a good O to go against their leaky D) cause we are a bad matchup for them.  Now we will never know though.  Anything is possible but it really looks like this division is ours.  They just lose vs Us or maybe a couple others during this 6 games and I think that's an unofficial division lock.

Just now, mihailo said:

Rather moronic of them to do so tbh.

to me it would actually hurt them more cause it clearly affected him the first couple games this year and they are sitting at 4-3. if he is suspended next year they are going to be hurting after 6 games.

2 hours ago, emale said:

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

•  

#Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott has lost his attempt at a preliminary injunction. He’s suspended again.

please tell me i am not the only moron who held his breath thinking this thread was about jake elliot :unsure:... all the piss tests he is taking has me jumpy after lane

1 hour ago, GNS_CLFD said:

I agree with you.   I think he plays all season.   In my opinion, I would rather beat them for the division with all their weapons on the field.   Nothing is better than knocking them off when they have no excuses.   Remember 44-6

With a snake bit franchise like we have been,  I will take every lucky break we can get.  We deserve it after Peters and Hicks. Not to mention 57 damn years of punches to the stomach, and not a few of them had critical player losses to blame.  Not that I was around for all of it,  but I been around for more than enough of it.  

41 minutes ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Now back as a fan of their rival....

I wanted zeke to play against us because I wanted to beat them at full strength.  UGH.  Now when we most likely beat them there will be excuses cause that's what most of their fan-base does.  Freaking sucks.  I think we would of beat them (#1 Rush defense and a good O to go against their leaky D) cause we are a bad matchup for them.  Now we will never know though.  Anything is possible but it really looks like this division is ours.  They just lose vs Us or maybe a couple others during this 6 games and I think that's an unofficial division lock.

Nah, every team has lost players, heck the Eagles have lost Hicks, Peters and Sproles for the season. Every team could utilise the could've would've should've in such cases. Depth is part of the game and team, as well as evaluating the risks with certain players like Elliot, on and off the field. If a player is banned for off the field offenses, that is also testament to the teams off the field evaluation, which makes up for the team in the end -- as well as taking on players with injury histories.

The Cowboys took on players like Elliot and Dez knowing the risks attached, no one else is guilty of taking those risks except them. When you take such risks there are sometimes consequences. You don't get an excuse for taking those risks, the same way you celebrate taking such risks that succeed. 

Guest ThaNightmare
3 hours ago, emale said:

Chiefs

@Falcons

Eagles

Chargers

Redskins

@Giants

That's four or five potential losses without Elliot. Should have just taken the suspension earlier in the season.

As much as I hate to say it I think Zeke/NFLPA has a decent argument to make.  Put simply, do we as American citizens have a right to fundamental fairness or can we bargain that away?  The second circuit hasn't ruled on this yet, nor has the supreme court, but there is a decent argument to be made that from a public policy standpoint we won't allow someone to bargain away their right to fundamental fairness.   Is it a fundamental right of due process that we are entitled to or can we bargain that away?  In my mind, it is fundamental and courts would not be eager to eviscerate their own power to review collective bargaining for fairness.   wont surprise me if zeke wins it. 

56 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Ewok Elliot.jpg

Actually, can someone make a meme where both Ewok and the ewok are wearing wife beaters?  That would be better.  Thanks.