VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Who is their Wildcard competition though? That's not to say that winning the division is out of the question, anything can happen over the course of 8 games.

Of course it is too early to say, but it looks like the Cowboys, Rams, Panthers, Packers and Falcons most likely for Wildcard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Of course it is too early to say, but it looks like the Cowboys, Rams, Panthers, Packers and Falcons most likely for Wildcard

I wish some of those Playoff Generator websites, like ESPN's Playoff Machine, were operating right now. I always enjoy playing with the various scenarios to see how things will play out. Week 8 is just a little too early for that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wish some of those Playoff Generator websites, like ESPN's Playoff Machine, were operating right now. I always enjoy playing with the various scenarios to see how things will play out. Week 8 is just a little too early for that though.

There is this: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Assuming that when all is said and done, Elliott will serve the full 6 game suspension, would you rather it happen now, or next season?

If I were a Cowboy fan, or if it was a key player for the Eagles and we were in the Cowboys exact position right now, I think I'd rather it happen now. Of course, the real preference would be that it happened during the first 6 games of the season and he'd be back for the final 10 games to make a run.

I agree with you, better now than next year, and agree...1st 6 games would have been better in hindsight...that said, I don't blame him for fighting...it's his reputation....part of it is I just want the destraction over.

but then again, if it were pushed to next year maybe Dak is further developed and would play a little better w/o Zeke, and Dallas would have an offseason to further shore up the team... beef up the defense and maybe add a rb in the draft or FA....so they could withstand the 6 games better than they could this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

maybe Dak is further developed and would play a little better w/o Zeke

No worries there, my custom made voodoo doll of him just arrived yesterday. So... :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I agree with you, better now than next year, and agree...1st 6 games would have been better in hindsight...that said, I don't blame him for fighting...it's his reputation....part of it is I just want the destraction over.

but then again, if it were pushed to next year maybe Dak is further developed and would play a little better w/o Zeke, and Dallas would have an offseason to further shore up the team... beef up the defense and maybe add a rb in the draft or FA....so they could withstand the 6 games better than they could this year?

I agree, had he not challenged this case then it would look like there is substantially more dirt on him and questionably guilty. In the case as it stands it arguably looks like Goodell has simply too much power.

Also, I believe it is better that he serves it now, so it doesn't become a pending issue. In fact, Dak may get some necessary practice without an absolute stud at RB with which he has been able to lean on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mihailo said:

I agree, had he not challenged this case then it would look like there is substantially more dirt on him and questionably guilty. In the case as it stands it arguably looks like Goodell has simply too much power.

Also, I believe it is better that he serves it now, so it doesn't become a pending issue. In fact, Dak may get some necessary practice without an absolute stud at RB with which he has been able to lean on.

Yeah...I've always said Dak is a bus driver...soi'm not sure how he will do. 

i also blame Dallas for not putting more emphasis on getting a good young RB to pair with Zeke vs 2 retreads in Morris and McFadden. If your offense is going to resolve around running the ball, you need to have a couple good backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think dragging it out made both the Cowboys and Zeke look worse . Most people will forget all about this  or would of by next season . But since it turned into a mdeia crap show  Im pretty sure it will be hard to forget.  I think a lot question how far the DV with his EX really went , but all the things he has done since then and while being investigated just made him look worse.  Those things alone violated the conduct policy .  WHich really  is why he is being suspened .  Cowboys look worse because I think they know Zeke messed up and they are doing everything in their power to delay the suspension. 

Everyone knows  that it was coming one way or another  after Brady lost his case ... Its written in black and white.   The Cowboys  were just trying to find loopholes. Cowboys have to know Zeke has issues with his maturity ....  He needs to take his suspension and reflect on his life and choices he makes.  ITs not college  where things are swept under the rug  ..  because Colleges have a lot of power in the cities they are in .  Come on Zekes Dad had to move to Ohio and get an apartment close to his son ... just to try and keep him from doing stupid crap. 

Thats the start of being an adult ... you leave the nest  and by 18 parents should feel good about the way they raised their kids and that wil make smart choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mihailo said:

He could argue that only 6 in 200 cases last year got a hearing at this level of court that Elliot wishes to persue, which actually would make a 97% chance that Elliot doesn't get a hearing.

Sure and you could argue that you should never pass the ball because only 1 in 85 NFL attempts results in a TD. Look at the numbers when you start on the five yard line and it's a little different than when you count hail Mary's and plays from your own ten. Appellate litigation is the same. These courts filter through a lot of hail Mary's. This isn't that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2017 at 11:55 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

kind of want them not to go 1-5 or 0-6 that way they dont get too high draft pick to add to the team for next year. id take 2-4. puts them at 6 wins and 7 losses. they will try to win out basically making their pick worse. heck the eagles week 17 if they have nothing to play for could just rest guys giving them an extra win and they miss the playoffs at like 8-8 or 9-7 thus boning themselves in the draft pick

My original feeling about week 17 was the Eagles would lose at home to the Cowboys because the game would be meaningless to the Eagles with most of the starters MAYBE playing a series or two to stay sharp but otherwise getting out of there quickly, resting for most likely a Divisional Playoff game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

I think dragging it out made both the Cowboys and Zeke look worse . Most people will forget all about this  or would of by next season . But since it turned into a mdeia crap show  Im pretty sure it will be hard to forget.  I think a lot question how far the DV with his EX really went , but all the things he has done since then and while being investigated just made him look worse.  Those things alone violated the conduct policy .  WHich really  is why he is being suspened .  Cowboys look worse because I think they know Zeke messed up and they are doing everything in their power to delay the suspension. 

Everyone knows  that it was coming one way or another  after Brady lost his case ... Its written in black and white.   The Cowboys  were just trying to find loopholes. Cowboys have to know Zeke has issues with his maturity ....  He needs to take his suspension and reflect on his life and choices he makes.  ITs not college  where things are swept under the rug  ..  because Colleges have a lot of power in the cities they are in .  Come on Zekes Dad had to move to Ohio and get an apartment close to his son ... just to try and keep him from doing stupid crap. 

Thats the start of being an adult ... you leave the nest  and by 18 parents should feel good about the way they raised their kids and that wil make smart choices.

This again has ZERO to do with the Brady case.  If anything, Elliott is lucky he was not suspended for a full season if not more.

The Brady situation had more to do IMO with what happened a week before the "Deflategate" game (as noted in an earlier comment) against the Ravens in the Divisional Playoff.  Had the Ravens won that game (which Brady was likely also playing with deflated balls), the Ravens likely:

Win the AFC Championship Game at home against the Colts.

Win Super Bowl XLIX against the Seahawks.

Host the season-opening game the following September, four months after the rioting in Baltimore following the Freddie Gray case that likely would have been a big moment for Baltimore.

I still think if the NFL didn't go as far as they did to make Brady serve a suspension, the Ravens and the City of Baltimore would have hit Goodell with a $1 BILLION+ lawsuit claiming damages caused by Brady's deflated balls, claiming without them the Ravens winning the Divisional Playoff game and the rest above.  I suspect behind closed doors, the Ravens and Baltimore officials were pressuring Goodell to suspend Brady at all costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Why thumbs down.

Why so upset?

SARCASM....  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Why thumbs down.

Thumbs down signifies the death sentence by the emperor during Roman times; he decides if the person should live or die. It is Elliot who is going down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

This again has ZERO to do with the Brady case.  If anything, Elliott is lucky he was not suspended for a full season if not more.

The Brady situation had more to do IMO with what happened a week before the "Deflategate" game (as noted in an earlier comment) against the Ravens in the Divisional Playoff.  Had the Ravens won that game (which Brady was likely also playing with deflated balls), the Ravens likely:

Win the AFC Championship Game at home against the Colts.

Win Super Bowl XLIX against the Seahawks.

Host the season-opening game the following September, four months after the rioting in Baltimore following the Freddie Gray case that likely would have been a big moment for Baltimore.

I still think if the NFL didn't go as far as they did to make Brady serve a suspension, the Ravens and the City of Baltimore would have hit Goodell with a $1 BILLION+ lawsuit claiming damages caused by Brady's deflated balls, claiming without them the Ravens winning the Divisional Playoff game and the rest above.  I suspect behind closed doors, the Ravens and Baltimore officials were pressuring Goodell to suspend Brady at all costs.

Im talkign about the apeals .... Yes it has somethign to do with it... because all Zeke was doing was delaying it  because the CBA gave the NFL / GODwell  that power .  The brady case proved it . I also agree Zeke should of had a 10 game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllHailDawk said:

Sure and you could argue that you should never pass the ball because only 1 in 85 NFL attempts results in a TD. Look at the numbers when you start on the five yard line and it's a little different than when you count hail Mary's and plays from your own ten. Appellate litigation is the same. These courts filter through a lot of hail Mary's. This isn't that 

Well the odds were against him and his request was denied. I wasn't suggesting that because there was a 3% chance that it was impossible for it not to happen, simply the odds were overwhelmingly not in his favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

This again has ZERO to do with the Brady case.  If anything, Elliott is lucky he was not suspended for a full season if not more.

The Brady situation had more to do IMO with what happened a week before the "Deflategate" game (as noted in an earlier comment) against the Ravens in the Divisional Playoff.  Had the Ravens won that game (which Brady was likely also playing with deflated balls), the Ravens likely:

Win the AFC Championship Game at home against the Colts.

Win Super Bowl XLIX against the Seahawks.

Host the season-opening game the following September, four months after the rioting in Baltimore following the Freddie Gray case that likely would have been a big moment for Baltimore.

I still think if the NFL didn't go as far as they did to make Brady serve a suspension, the Ravens and the City of Baltimore would have hit Goodell with a $1 BILLION+ lawsuit claiming damages caused by Brady's deflated balls, claiming without them the Ravens winning the Divisional Playoff game and the rest above.  I suspect behind closed doors, the Ravens and Baltimore officials were pressuring Goodell to suspend Brady at all costs.

the judge specifically cited the brady case in denying Zeke's appeal. And Zeke isn't lucky in any way...not only was he not ever charged, but the the NFL's own lead investigator recommended he not get suspended, the NFL's own medical examiner, the one who the NFL based their "guilty" ruling on said during the appeal that they could be wrong and were basically just guessing..........and he still got the max. This was just the NFL trying to make up for past instances in which they tried to cover up for Ray Rice and go easy on the Giants kicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now