Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

Just now, SNOORDA said:

So basically what your saying is Elliot is an Ewok right?  

BINGO!

Here's the proof:

YUB NUB!!

Image result for elliot ewok

Jerruh can really pull strings. Been an NFL fan for 50+ years and have never seen anything like this. They might as well just say screw the suspension. I'll never understand why our tax paying population is paying for a woman beater being suspended from his job for woman beating. Regular Joe would be doing a little county time, this AH gets to continue to make his millions all the while we get to foot the bill for these idiot judges to battle each other just so Jerruh has a better chance at winning a F-ing football game. NFL is nothing more than a joke. Maybe every player from here on out should do the same....Even Brady eventually served his suspension. A 2nd year guy? Players getting suspended for smoking weed and this jackalope continues to get his suspension put on hold.  

5 hours ago, AllHailDawk said:

I've been saying i think there's a solid chance he plays the entire season but the bottom line is this works in our favor even if the six game suspension hits.  If he'd just taken his medicine this would have been over weeks ago.  Now he might miss 2 games against us.  Fine by me..... Though i think Rod Smith is a sleeper 

Not to pick on you, but I don't know why people keep saying this.  Lets say his first week of the suspension is the first game against us.  Here is our schedule:

W1    Cowboys
W2    Bears
W3    Seahawks
W4    Rams
W5    Giants
W6    Raiders
Zeke returns Game 2 vs Cowboys

27 minutes ago, paco said:

Not to pick on you, but I don't know why people keep saying this.  Lets say his first week of the suspension is the first game against us.  Here is our schedule:

W1    Cowboys
W2    Bears
W3    Seahawks
W4    Rams
W5    Giants
W6    Raiders

I said the same thing to myself a dozen times the past few weeks.

3 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

Can the NFL look anymore dysfunctional? 

Goodell wont get fired either since NFL is still making money. That may be his only legacy besides ruining the game IMO

Still can't believe he's not suspended for this weekend. This guy has more lives than a cat.

I didn't realize an Ewok had more than 9 lives. They left that out in Return of the Jedi. 

3 hours ago, ackid38 said:

Jerruh can really pull strings. Been an NFL fan for 50+ years and have never seen anything like this. They might as well just say screw the suspension. I'll never understand why our tax paying population is paying for a woman beater being suspended from his job for woman beating. Regular Joe would be doing a little county time, this AH gets to continue to make his millions all the while we get to foot the bill for these idiot judges to battle each other just so Jerruh has a better chance at winning a F-ing football game. NFL is nothing more than a joke. Maybe every player from here on out should do the same....Even Brady eventually served his suspension. A 2nd year guy? Players getting suspended for smoking weed and this jackalope continues to get his suspension put on hold.  

Ummmm a regular joe wouldn’t be suspended from work or do time when he was never even charged with a crime......

try again 

On 10/31/2017 at 10:00 AM, NCTANK said:

still skeptical 

i knew it

22 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Ummmm a regular joe wouldn’t be suspended from work or do time when he was never even charged with a crime......

try again 

OK.

When a person works for an organization that has internal policies (or regulations) which prohibit conduct away from work that is deemed detrimental to the reputation of the organization, that person most certainly can be suspended from work if the organizations thinks it is appropriate for violating those policies. A regular joe usually isn't in that situation, so it's a bad comparison.

The NFL has a conduct policy that prohibits behavior away from work that is detrimental to the NFL. There's a CBA which identifies the Commissioner as the judge, jury, and appellate body for such allegations of misconduct (a big mistake by the NFLPA.)

If he thinks it is more likely than not that a player's conduct away from work is detrimental to the NFL, regardless of what it is, he can impose any prescribed or other administrative sanction(s) he thinks is appropriate, like a suspension. That's what both sides agreed to, and that's how it is. Zeke will eventually serve his suspension. The Commissioner doesn't have to find him "guilty" of a criminal offense. He simply has to find that whatever his conduct, it was detrimental to the league, and his opinion on that is all that matters. 

Even Brady couldn't overcome that, so he served his suspension. The ewok will too. 

5 hours ago, ackid38 said:

Then why are you still watching pro football if it’s such a joke? I know you guys hate JJ but your owner is nothing special. 

Besides the fact is that we don’t know if Zeke committed what RG is labeling him as. Being labeled an abuser is a series matter. If you put your hatred aside for a minute you might understand. Abusing a women or anyone is a crime and the NFL is not law enforcement organization. 

Just now, gch said:

Then why are you still watching pro football if it’s such a joke? I know you guys hate JJ but your owner is nothing special. 

Besides the fact is that we don’t know if Zeke committed what RG is labeling him as. Being labeled an abuser is a series matter. If you put your hatred aside for a minute you might understand. Abusing a women or anyone is a crime and the NFL is not law enforcement organization. 

The problem is what he did do fell under the Conduct policy .... Hell  how many times did he do it while knowing being investigated .  He lived like he was untouchable ... but thats also the fault of so many people in his life .  Athletes get that celebrity treatment. I went to WVU and those boys got away with murder and anything else if they wanted too . 

Not sure why everyone is blaming Goodell for this. Goodell suspends Elliot, the NFLPA files an appeal and the court says he can play until the appeal is over. Takes a few weeks and the nfl wins, Elliot and NFLPA don’t like the decision and take it to another court who says until this appeal is over he can play, suspension upheld, we don’t like your decision let’s go to another state and appeal. 

I think Goodell is as big an idiot as everyone else but this is all on the cowboys and NFLPA trying to be above their governing body

5 hours ago, paco said:

W1    Cowboys
W2    Bears
W3    Seahawks
W4    Rams
W5    Giants
W6    Raiders

I'm sorry I should've been more clear, you're absolutely right about the schedule. I was thinking it would surprise me if Dallas brought him back and exposed him to risk on the last game of the season. I think it would be a limited set of circumstances. If they've missed the postseason I don't see it. Leave him on ice and don't risk a crazy ACL or something in a meaningless game that would cost him 2018. Likewise if their ticket is punched and they won't overtake us in the div for potential home field, no way they play him in what becomes a pretty meaningless game in a wide open NFC. So you rest him or give him a snap or two to warm him up before the starters go out. 

So in other words they'd have to avoid those two scenarios and need a week 17 victory to make a wildcard berth. Hopefully week 17 won't mean a thing for us, but I think it's even money that if he's suspended we don't see him this year. 

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

OK.

When a person works for an organization that has internal policies (or regulations) which prohibit conduct away from work that is deemed detrimental to the reputation of the organization, that person most certainly can be suspended from work if the organizations thinks it is appropriate for violating those policies. A regular joe usually isn't in that situation, so it's a bad comparison.

The NFL has a conduct policy that prohibits behavior away from work that is detrimental to the NFL. There's a CBA which identifies the Commissioner as the judge, jury, and appellate body for such allegations of misconduct (a big mistake by the NFLPA.)

If he thinks it is more likely than not that a player's conduct away from work is detrimental to the NFL, regardless of what it is, he can impose any prescribed or other administrative sanction(s) he thinks is appropriate, like a suspension. That's what both sides agreed to, and that's how it is. Zeke will eventually serve his suspension. The Commissioner doesn't have to find him "guilty" of a criminal offense. He simply has to find that whatever his conduct, it was detrimental to the league, and his opinion on that is all that matters. 

Even Brady couldn't overcome that, so he served his suspension. The ewok will too. 

oh yeah, I agree the NFL has a right to suspend him, I actually think he deserved a couple games for conduct detrimental to the NFL, and though I think they made a mistake by suspending him for DV and labeling it a DV suspension, in the end, he will serve the 6 games.

but you said any average Joe would be in jail. 1st off, even a average Joe wouldn't get jail time for a 1st offense 99.9% of the time, they'd do what Jalen Mills did, agree to go to counseling (he was also forced to pay her medical bills) and the charges would be dropped,   but considering he was never charged, nobody in his situation would ever go to jail, it's legally impossible. 

1 hour ago, lorddevn said:

Not sure why everyone is blaming Goodell for this. Goodell suspends Elliot, the NFLPA files an appeal and the court says he can play until the appeal is over. Takes a few weeks and the nfl wins, Elliot and NFLPA don’t like the decision and take it to another court who says until this appeal is over he can play, suspension upheld, we don’t like your decision let’s go to another state and appeal. 

I think Goodell is as big an idiot as everyone else but this is all on the cowboys and NFLPA trying to be above their governing body

1. he took a year to investigate a player who had been cleared by the police, and came up with nothing

2. He only had one investigator (his lead investigator) meet the accuser, that investigator said the accuser lied to her multiple times and recommended no suspension. He did not send any other investigator to meet the accuser or meet with her himself (keep that in mind for later)

3. When the suspension is appealed Goodell's team lied about the Lead investigator's input into the investigation, tried to block her from testifying, saying that she did not need to testify because she agreed with the NFL's report....then she testifies to exactly the opposite and said as soon as she recommended no suspension she was left out of subsequent meetings to discuss the charges (keep that in mind for later)

4. During this same appeal Goodell's team lies about the two medical examiner's input as well, claiming that both ME's thought the accusers injuries were consistent with DV and occurred during the time she said she was with Zeke....pretty much the basis for their whole guilty finding....they again  try to block both from testifying....they are ordered to and the NFL claims one is unavailable because she is hospitalized...which turns out to be a lie, and the other ME gets on the stand and says there is no way you can definitively say what caused the bruises or when they occurred.

5. The NFL says in their own report that in a he said/she said case they simply found the accuser more believable....which is nuts considering per #2 & #3 the only person who met the accuser did not believe her and nobody met with both the accuser and Zeke........How do you find one person more believable than another without.....I don't know...have your investigator interview both people.

All of these inconsistencies are what led the original judge to order the Restraining Order to block the suspension. Had the NFL not lied and tried to hide witnesses and evidence the first place, the original judge and every other judge since that has ruled in Zeke's favor would have shut this down long ago...ish, the judge that denied his appeal the last time said the investigation was suspect.

so yeah....that's why you blame goodell. He ran a piss poor investigation and then has doubled down on it at every opportunity

1 hour ago, AllHailDawk said:

I'm sorry I should've been more clear, you're absolutely right about the schedule. I was thinking it would surprise me if Dallas brought him back and exposed him to risk on the last game of the season. I think it would be a limited set of circumstances. If they've missed the postseason I don't see it. Leave him on ice and don't risk a crazy ACL or something in a meaningless game that would cost him 2018. Likewise if their ticket is punched and they won't overtake us in the div for potential home field, no way they play him in what becomes a pretty meaningless game in a wide open NFC. So you rest him or give him a snap or two to warm him up before the starters go out. 

So in other words they'd have to avoid those two scenarios and need a week 17 victory to make a wildcard berth. Hopefully week 17 won't mean a thing for us, but I think it's even money that if he's suspended we don't see him this year. 

Interesting point. I never thought about that. I could see them wanting to shut him down in that case. Only question I have, does that affect his bottom $$$? If it does, they might have to play him to keep him happy.

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

The problem is what he did do fell under the Conduct policy .... Hell  how many times did he do it while knowing being investigated .  He lived like he was untouchable ... but thats also the fault of so many people in his life .  Athletes get that celebrity treatment. I went to WVU and those boys got away with murder and anything else if they wanted too . 

LOL, did you happen to go there when guys like Pac-Man Jones and Chris Henry were there?

You even have an eagles player siding with Zeke and Jerry Jones now. Jenkins. 

29 minutes ago, gch said:

You even have an eagles player siding with Zeke and Jerry Jones now. Jenkins. 

The thing is living in Philly while 100% of the people I talk football with won’t lose any sleep If  Zeke  misses games, about 50% will admit he’s getting screwed by the NFL. 

15 hours ago, BtotheH said:

What a joke!

At this point just let him play. This back and forth is crazy. 

KC was game planning for no Zeke, ole' Bob Sutton cane throw that game plan out the window. 

I highly doubt they haven't planned for the possibility that Zeke plays.

The way I look at Goodell's decision is that at the end of the day this whole situation looks bad on the NFL. I think he is trying to send a message to all players not to even think of getting involved in a possible domestic dispute. It sucks that Zeke is having his name dragged through the mud because he was cleared of any wrongdoing. Whether he did it or didn't do it, Goodell has the final say. What they should have done is requested a neutral board of some type that governs over decisions like this, I see them doing something like this in the future.

Whether right or wrong Goodell seems to be doing what he believes is protecting the NFL's image. While I don't think he is a woman beater, he has done some questionable things that don't look great on such a large public organization such as the NFL. If he was just a normal guy it would be different, but he is on one of the NFL's most recognizable franchises and the best player on said franchise. There is no bigger target for the message that Goodell wants to send. 

6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

The thing is living in Philly while 100% of the people I talk football with won’t lose any sleep If  Zeke  misses games, about 50% will admit he’s getting screwed by the NFL. 

This whole thing makes both Zeke and Goodell look bad. 

Win-Win :-)

6 hours ago, OrlandoEagles23 said:

I highly doubt they haven't planned for the possibility that Zeke plays.

The way I look at Goodell's decision is that at the end of the day this whole situation looks bad on the NFL. I think he is trying to send a message to all players not to even think of getting involved in a possible domestic dispute. It sucks that Zeke is having his name dragged through the mud because he was cleared of any wrongdoing. Whether he did it or didn't do it, Goodell has the final say. What they should have done is requested a neutral board of some type that governs over decisions like this, I see them doing something like this in the future.

Whether right or wrong Goodell seems to be doing what he believes is protecting the NFL's image. While I don't think he is a woman beater, he has done some questionable things that don't look great on such a large public organization such as the NFL. If he was just a normal guy it would be different, but he is on one of the NFL's most recognizable franchises and the best player on said franchise. There is no bigger target for the message that Goodell wants to send. 

Good post, I’m wondering if JJ and a few other owners are considering making a change reguarding Rodger Goodell?

1 hour ago, paco said:

This whole thing makes both Zeke and Goodell look bad. 

Win-Win :-)

to an extent, Zeke has done a few stupid things (bar fight/pulling the girls top up) and then he's a Dallas Cowboy, so a certain amount of the population already hated him. As the details came out about the NFL's "investigation" sympathy has swung to Zeke, I mean go to a comments section of any article and you will see a good amount of opposing fans, even Eagle fans that will defend Zeke...and you almost never see that....

can't wait to see Goodell's welcome at the draft next year....

37 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

to an extent, Zeke has done a few stupid things (bar fight/pulling the girls top up) and then he's a Dallas Cowboy, so a certain amount of the population already hated him. As the details came out about the NFL's "investigation" sympathy has swung to Zeke, I mean go to a comments section of any article and you will see a good amount of opposing fans, even Eagle fans that will defend Zeke...and you almost never see that....

can't wait to see Goodell's welcome at the draft next year....

Who ever defends him then screw them , dude is a piece of crap and he's lucky it's just a 6 game suspension, I prefer all Domestic Violence players to be permanently banned also , he did it while he was at Ohio State University, I'm from Columbus and that University basically runs that city, and suspending a player or even letting evidence get out there that he was guilty could potentially hurt that team... He amitted to doing drugs while he was in school, yet he passed all his drug test... And another thing there is more than one incident thats a damn pattern..

9 hours ago, vaff84 said:

LOL, did you happen to go there when guys like Pac-Man Jones and Chris Henry were there?

Actually, I was