VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

Thats a wrap on the boys this year.   Of course if it holds up which based on the history here, probably wont

7 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

25.gif?w=1024

fate always catches up with you.  Always.  He's a bad guy.  

eh, he is getting 6 at some point, don't want this to drag into next year. 

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

Maybe we can split it up this year though. Miss the next 2, play 2 then miss 4. How about that?

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

I do ,  this  crap you can not make up .  Now a team that is in the run for playoffs  just shot thermselves in foot .   If they just delt with it ... they would have a vengeful rested beast of zeke 

5 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Yeah ruining one season is enough right?

Cant wait to see how awesome Dak is without a pro bowl every down back at his disposal.

3 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

I do ,  this  crap you can not make up .  Now a team that is in the run for playoffs  just shot thermselves in foot .   If they just delt with it ... they would have a vengeful rested beast of zeke 

Assuming the 6 games will now be served, it's entirely possible that Elliot screwed the Cowboys season by not serving the suspension while fighting it in court. He could have still fought to have it overturned, even though he'd have served the suspension. He'd get back pay and the suspension would be officially nullified, vindicating him, if that was the outcome.

Look at the first 6 games:

6.JPG.5f7993ec2d0d895ff315517c1b4af483.JPG

They'd still have beaten the Giants, they'd still have lost to the Broncos, the Rams and Packers. Would they still have beaten the Cardinals? I don't remember how that game played out, so I can't say. But they'd still have beaten the 49ers.

So did his being there for those 6 games change anything vs. had he served his suspension? He'd be there for the next 6 games now, which are arguably 6 of the more important games of the season.

I wouldn't count the Cowboys out just because Elliott is done for 6 games. That definitely hurts, especially with 3 divisional games coming in those 6 games. But they aren't the Browns or Giants, either.

I want the Eagles to go into the game next Sunday night with the mentality that the Cowboys are at full strength.

Next Ezekiel Elliott hearing set for December 1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/09/next-ezekiel-elliott-hearing-set-for-december-1/

The next question when it comes to the Ezekiel Elliott suspension relates to the timing of the hearing on the actual appeal of the denial of Elliott’s motion for preliminary injunction. With Thursday’s ruling simply denying injunctive relief while the appeal goes forward, the appeal will come to a head three weeks from Friday.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Elliott’s appeal regarding the denial of a preliminary injunction has been set for December 1.

It means that, barring some sort of legal miracle between now and then, he’ll miss at least four games: Sunday at Atlanta, the following Sunday against the Eagles, Thanksgiving vs. the Chargers, and the ensuing Thursday, November 30, against Washington.

The next question becomes whether a ruling in Elliott’s favor would come before Sunday, December 10, when the Cowboys face the Giants. On December 17, the play the Raiders in Oakland.

If he misses six games, Elliott will return for Week 16 against the Seahawks. The Cowboys finish the regular season against the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

I haven't read any reactions yet, I may go through the thread later: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/80194-zeke-suspension-re-activated-out-weeks-10-16/

Cowboys fans, is anyone upset with Elliott for not taking the suspension starting week 1 and fighting it to get it overturned after the fact? He'd have served the suspension, but he'd get his money back that way and he'd be available now.

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

We'll see,  the chiefs win was huge, that was a game I thought they'd lose with Zeke. The week will tell me a lot, it they beat Atlanta that gives them the edge over them for a wildcard. Anyone who has been here for a while  knows I'm never confident about Dallas winning, even last year, but really, the only team I see over the next 6 weeks is flat out better than them  and they less than 50/50 shot of beating is Philly. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't read any reactions yet, I may go through the thread later: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/80194-zeke-suspension-re-activated-out-weeks-10-16/

Cowboys fans, is anyone upset with Elliott for not taking the suspension starting week 1 and fighting it to get it overturned after the fact? He'd have served the suspension, but he'd get his money back that way and he'd be available now.

Not really upset.....we'd probably  be a couple games worse than we are now if he took the suspension earlier,  ...I mean if Dallas were 3-5 with a loss to the skins amd in 3rd place in the east, it would be mentally tough for the team to get it going and I would never exspect anyone to just lay down and accept th DV label if he didn't do It. 

11 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Not really upset.....we'd probably  be a couple games worse than we are now if he took the suspension earlier,  ...I mean if Dallas were 3-5 with a loss to the skins amd in 3rd place in the east, it would be mentally tough for the team to get it going and I would never exspect anyone to just lay down and accept th DV label if he didn't do It. 

I really think you'd be right where you are. The only game I'm not really sure of is the Cardinals game. The losses you have would still be losses, but the wins were against the Giants, 49ers and Cardinals. Do you think the Giants or 49ers game depended on Elliott?

Maybe Elliott comes back rusty and his early season troubles begin in game 7, that we can't know. But assuming he played up to his current level, I really think you're right where you are right now, but not facing a 6 game suspension this late in the season.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I really think you'd be right where you are. The only game I'm not really sure of is the Cardinals game. The losses you have would still be losses, but the wins were against the Giants, 49ers and Cardinals. Do you think the Giants or 49ers game depended on Elliott?

Maybe Elliott comes back rusty and his early season troubles begin in game 7, that we can't know. But assuming he played up to his current level, I really think you're right where you are right now, but not facing a 6 game suspension this late in the season.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah...good points. And seeing as how Zeke started out slow the last 2 years him coming back rusty is a concern 

As a long time die hard Eagles fan there's the emotional part of me that hopes Dallas never wins another game for all eternity, but the rational part that's just a football fan says wait, look at their schedule. They actually have several winnable games in this 6 game stretch without their ewok. The Falcons game matters a lot. If the Cowboys win that one, there's a decent path to 10 wins and a probable wildcard spot. 

That said...Dallas stinks. Go Falcons!...for 1 week anyway.

8 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah ruining one season is enough right?

Cant wait to see how awesome Dak is without a pro bowl every down back at his disposal.

One interesting point t is he has a hearing on Dec 1st....so what if he wins? He could miss 3 games this year, then 3 to start next year....

eh, we will see. They will definitely suffer on offense and I would imagine it will negatively effect Dak. That said...if a RB makes that much difference for a qb and can make any ol’ QB put up almost historic #’s, then every team is dumb for not going RB high, and Zeke should have been the MVP last year.