VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

We'll see,  the chiefs win was huge, that was a game I thought they'd lose with Zeke. The week will tell me a lot, it they beat Atlanta that gives them the edge over them for a wildcard. Anyone who has been here for a while  knows I'm never confident about Dallas winning, even last year, but really, the only team I see over the next 6 weeks is flat out better than them  and they less than 50/50 shot of beating is Philly. 

Honestly dallas could make the playoffs if they manage to go 3-3 in his absence. They got Atlanta, philly, chargers, giants, Washington and Oakland. I could see Dallas beating chargers, giants and Washington or Oakland. That win against the chiefs was huge. 

Also huge is Seattle losing Sherman tonight for the season. And chancellor left on a cart as well. It changes that game in week 16. The eagles week 17 might be playing for nothing. Really if you guys beat Atlanta you actually have a good shot with the nfc being what it is of making the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly dallas could make the playoffs if they manage to go 3-3 in his absence. They got Atlanta, philly, chargers, giants, Washington and Oakland. I could see Dallas beating chargers, giants and Washington or Oakland. That win against the chiefs was huge. 

Also huge is Seattle losing Sherman tonight for the season. And chancellor left on a cart as well. It changes that game in week 16. The eagles week 17 might be playing for nothing. Really if you guys beat Atlanta you actually have a good shot with the nfc being what it is of making the playoffs. 

I mean it’s Dallas, so I still don’t trust them...and they may also be w/o Dez and Tyron Smith this week, which will make it tougher.  Atlanta is just a weird team, never know what you will get week to week, so it’s a toss up to me. ...but yeah, if they win this I lile their chances of making the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I mean it’s Dallas, so I still don’t trust them...and they may also be w/o Dez and Tyron Smith this week, which will make it tougher.  Atlanta is just a weird team, never know what you will get week to week, so it’s a toss up to me. ...but yeah, if they win this I lile their chances of making the playoffs 

I’ve said this for the past 4 weeks with Atlanta, until Sarkisian stops drinking again and remembers freeman is the key to opening up their offense they will continue to struggle. They were doing well early in the year cause freeman was carrying the load. The last four he’s barely getting 9-10 touches per game. It’s a reason why they have struggled. I actually think dallas wins that game they make the playoffs. It basically eliminates Atlanta unless they finish 11-5 (already be 4-5). Ties you with Seattle who’s going to be hurting without Sherman and potentially chancellor. Washington is at 4-4 but really their conference record is horrid and they lose every tie break so they’d have to finish a game ahead of you guys.

If you beat Atlanta just two more wins without zeke gives you guys 8 wins. There’s a potential Seattle game at home against a team devastated by injuries. You should probably be cheering for the eagles to wrap up homefield before week 17 that way that game is meaningless for the eagles and they rest the starters giving you an easy victory and a 10th potential win and a playoff berth

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ve said this for the past 4 weeks with Atlanta, until Sarkisian stops drinking again and remembers freeman is the key to opening up their offense they will continue to struggle. They were doing well early in the year cause freeman was carrying the load. The last four he’s barely getting 9-10 touches per game. It’s a reason why they have struggled. I actually think dallas wins that game they make the playoffs. It basically eliminates Atlanta unless they finish 11-5 (already be 4-5). Ties you with Seattle who’s going to be hurting without Sherman and potentially chancellor. Washington is at 4-4 but really their conference record is horrid and they lose every tie break so they’d have to finish a game ahead of you guys.

If you beat Atlanta just two more wins without zeke gives you guys 8 wins. There’s a potential Seattle game at home against a team devastated by injuries. You should probably be cheering for the eagles to wrap up homefield before week 17 that way that game is meaningless for the eagles and they rest the starters giving you an easy victory and a 10th potential win and a playoff berth

Seattle was the only team I saw beating Philly the rest of the way, but that OL is so bad, even healthy I don’t think they beat Philly, philly may drop a flukey game, but that’s it....I guess the Rams might be tough...

seattle also takes a step back when they play away from home, so that helps Dallas. 

I’m getting ahead of myself, but I would love for Dallas to get in the draw where they would face the Rams. The Rams beat Dallas by a few points, they couldn’t stop Dallas on O, the key to that game was a fumbled punt that switched momentum and Dallas was missing all 3 starting LB’s for the game and the Rams just abused them out of the backfield with RB passes. The Rams are light up front on the DL, Dallas can exploit that.

4 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Seattle was the only team I saw beating Philly the rest of the way, but that OL is so bad, even healthy I don’t think they beat Philly, philly may drop a flukey game, but that’s it....I guess the Rams might be tough...

seattle also takes a step back when they play away from home, so that helps Dallas. 

I’m getting ahead of myself, but I would love for Dallas to get in the draw where they would face the Rams. The Rams beat Dallas by a few points, they couldn’t stop Dallas on O, the key to that game was a fumbled punt that switched momentum and Dallas was missing all 3 starting LB’s for the game and the Rams just abused them out of the backfield with RB passes. The Rams are light up front on the DL, Dallas can exploit that.

I think how everything is going to shake out that 2 of the rams, saints or eagles probably wind up with byes. Dallas might get the 6 seed and have to go to New Orleans for a wild card game which i think is going to be difficult. The rams schedule vs. the saints schedule the saints definitely have a harder schedule. They actually go to the rams. If the rams win that game i think they get a bye. If philly manages to go 3-1 over the next 4 i think they do as well. 

Either way if I’m the cowboys I’m probably cheering for the eagles and saints to get byes cause i think going to the rams is easier to win then going to New Orleans or back to back weeks in philly 

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think how everything is going to shake out that 2 of the rams, saints or eagles probably wind up with byes. Dallas might get the 6 seed and have to go to New Orleans for a wild card game which i think is going to be difficult. The rams schedule vs. the saints schedule the saints definitely have a harder schedule. They actually go to the rams. If the rams win that game i think they get a bye. If philly manages to go 3-1 over the next 4 i think they do as well. 

Either way if I’m the cowboys I’m probably cheering for the eagles and saints to get byes cause i think going to the rams is easier to win then going to New Orleans or back to back weeks in philly 

Agree on all points. I need to watch some more of the saints and see how legit that D is, especially vs the run. 

The main thing is I would just want to avoid Philly IF Dallas was to win the wildcard game.  Philly is the only playoff contender outside of the. Vikings  that I think could slow down or stuff the cowboys run game. 

14 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Agree on all points. I need to watch some more of the saints and see how legit that D is, especially vs the run. 

The main thing is I would just want to avoid Philly IF Dallas was to win the wildcard game.  Philly is the only playoff contender outside of the. Vikings  that I think could slow down or stuff the cowboys run game. 

I’ve watched the saints on the all 22 the last three games to see if they were legit. The defensive secondary is doing a great job. Particularly lattimore. As a rookie he might be playing like a top 10 corner in the league  he reminds me of Ramsey last year just not as good of an athlete as Ramsey. Bell the safety is also playing well too. The linebackers actually have better sideline to sideline speed then i initially thought they would. jordan is playing like he always has.  I don’t think the rest of the line is great but they are solid against the run  still don’t think they get enough consistent pressure outside of jordan  

Really the saints defense is good enough to keep good opponents to 20-24 points. If the saints can get Thomas going on offense hen kamara, Ingram and Thomas are quite the load. Brees has played well but when i watched the three i don’t think he’s llayed great yet. 

57 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Seattle was the only team I saw beating Philly the rest of the way...

I never take divisional games for granted. Even in 2004 when we swept the division. Even if the Giants are still just a 1 win team when we play them again, I'll hold my breath until we have a 5 TD lead... then I can relax and enjoy the second half of the game...

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I never take divisional games for granted. Even in 2004 when we swept the division. Even if the Giants are still just a 1 win team when we play them again, I'll hold my breath until we have a 5 TD lead... then I can relax and enjoy the second half of the game...

I want to say that with the giants but man that team seems to have really quit on mcadoo. I guess if he gets fired i could see it but that team seems like they checked out kind of like the eagles did to Kelly against the lions

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ve watched the saints on the all 22 the last three games to see if they were legit. The defensive secondary is doing a great job. Particularly lattimore. As a rookie he might be playing like a top 10 corner in the league  he reminds me of Ramsey last year just not as good of an athlete as Ramsey. Bell the safety is also playing well too. The linebackers actually have better sideline to sideline speed then i initially thought they would. jordan is playing like he always has.  I don’t think the rest of the line is great but they are solid against the run  still don’t think they get enough consistent pressure outside of jordan  

Really the saints defense is good enough to keep good opponents to 20-24 points. If the saints can get Thomas going on offense hen kamara, Ingram and Thomas are quite the load. Brees has played well but when i watched the three i don’t think he’s llayed great yet. 

That’s some good info bro, you just saved me some film watching. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I want to say that with the giants but man that team seems to have really quit on mcadoo. I guess if he gets fired i could see it but that team seems like they checked out kind of like the eagles did to Kelly against the lions

Yeah, I mean division games can be tough, Philly is better than Dallas and should win, but you just never know,  the eagles  iare blowing he doors off teams so I have a hard time saying the game will be close, but I could also see the Dallas D showing up and making it a game

All trolling and kidding aside, I think it is VERY possible the cowboys go 2-4... Maybe even 1-5 over the next 6 without Zeke.  If he misses only 4 games,  1-3. with a 0-4 possibility. The schedule isnt a fun one. 

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

All trolling and kidding aside, I think it is VERY possible the cowboys go 2-4... Maybe even 1-5 over the next 6 without Zeke.  If he misses only 4 games,  1-3. with a 0-4 possibility. The schedule isnt a fun one. 

Idk...the falcons...you never know..50/50game, eagles should be a loss...but the chargers are nothing special, neaither is NY. Skins are 50/50' but the game is in Dallas ...raiders are about like the falcons...maybe worse...sure 2-4 is possible, so is 3-3 or 4-2, there is only one team of those 6 that is clearly better..the rest of the games are a toss up

58 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Idk...the falcons...you never know..50/50game, eagles should be a loss...but the chargers are nothing special, neaither is NY. Skins are 50/50' but the game is in Dallas ...raiders are about like the falcons...maybe worse...sure 2-4 is possible, so is 3-3 or 4-2, there is only one team of those 6 that is clearly better..the rest of the games are a toss up

Funny you say that, just got into a chat with my buddy at work who is from dallas. Dude is really scared about the eagle match up but going forward he feels 3-3 can be done and I am with him. I personally think dallas can and might get that wild card spot. There is a real chance we play you guys in playoff.

that would be a great game.

2 hours ago, Sturm said:

Funny you say that, just got into a chat with my buddy at work who is from dallas. Dude is really scared about the eagle match up but going forward he feels 3-3 can be done and I am with him. I personally think dallas can and might get that wild card spot. There is a real chance we play you guys in playoff.

that would be a great game.

Yeah...I mean I'm chalking the philly game up as an L, but 3-3 is doable...I think 4-2 is IF the defense shows up. 

A Dallas/philly playoff ga,e would be nuts

The cowboys/fans/media can say whatever they want about his but if he does the 6weeks starting this week vs the falcons it's the worst possible scenerio playing out.  

This game could be the battle a wildcard birth.  My prediction, Cowboys miss the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

The cowboys/fans/media can say whatever they want about his but if he does the 6weeks starting this week vs the falcons it's the worst possible scenerio playing out.  

This game could be the battle a wildcard birth.  My prediction, Cowboys miss the playoffs. 

That would be great. Playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs, 3X in a season is not something I want to see.

This is a pretty good time line and info  about Zeke case ... Even the Prosecutor in Columbus believed something happened .. there was just not enough evidence to full convict  Also the fact both were caught lying and changing stories .  Its funny how Zeke fans  ignore some of the facts  :D 

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/29/16151642/ezekiel-elliott-timeline-domestic-violence-police-report-nfl-suspension-appeal

4 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

This is a pretty good time line and info  about Zeke case ... Even the Prosecutor in Columbus believed something happened .. there was just not enough evidence to full convict  Also the fact both were caught lying and changing stories .  Its funny how Zeke fans  ignore some of the facts  :D 

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/29/16151642/ezekiel-elliott-timeline-domestic-violence-police-report-nfl-suspension-appeal

Only real issue I have with the suspension, is that it supposedly happened before he was in the league. Not sure the league should be disciplining guys in that situation. 

* nevemind. I see it was post draft. Next time ill read the whole article. 

Edited by jfluke
Faulty reading

15 hours ago, jfluke said:

Only real issue I have with the suspension, is that it supposedly happened before he was in the league. Not sure the league should be disciplining guys in that situation. 

* nevemind. I see it was post draft. Next time ill read the whole article. 

Even if it was I'm pretty sure this suspension battle has been going on for a whole year, and tyrell Pryor was Suspended in college declared the sub draft and was still suspended in the NFL 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What at idiot.  Serving the full 6 now, and probably cost his team a playoff berth.

Good, I want the Eagles to play Zeke week 17. Will be a huge test for the rushing defense, but I believe they are up for it.