Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

22 minutes ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Good, I want the Eagles to play Zeke week 17. Will be a huge test for the rushing defense, but I believe they are up for it. 

Well hopefully we get a rusty Zeke  not a pissed off at the world eating machine ....  Although  it might be a worthless game if we are already clinched

2 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Well hopefully we get a rusty Zeke  not a pissed off at the world eating machine ....  Although  it might be a worthless game if we are already clinched

I just don't want to see the Cowboys in there. 

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What an idiot.  Serving the full 6 now, and probably cost his team a playoff berth.

He should have done that in September, for the good of his team.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He should have done that in September, for the good of his team.

but then we could not make fun of him and the cowboys all season ... well we could , this was just extra fuel for the fire

Hide yo Wives , Hide yo Daughters       Image result for zeke the freak meme

Well it’s not just Zeke it’s  3 or 4 of our best players could be gone this week. When any team looses that kind of talent then they will be just a shell of themselves. Philly has been lucky with very few injuries so far but one tough game could end a season.

I don’t say that in hope that someone gets injured, I don’t want any player to get hurt. I never want to play a team with injuries to  some of their best players because it doesn’t give me a good gauge to where my team is at that point in the season. 

1 minute ago, gch said:

Well it’s not just Zeke it’s  3 or 4 of our best players could be gone this week. When any team looses that kind of talent then they will be just a shell of themselves. Philly has been lucky with very few injuries so far but one tough game could end a season.

Future hall of fame LT Jason Peters, done for the year.

Darren Sproles, done for the year since week 1.

Jordan Hicks, starting MLB, done for the year.

#1 corner Ronald Darby, has not played since week 1.

Please tell me about how lucky we have been with injuries again :roll:

10 minutes ago, gch said:

I don’t say that in hope that someone gets injured, I don’t want any player to get hurt. I never want to play a team with injuries to  some of their best players because it doesn’t give me a good gauge to where my team is at that point in the season. 

Yea you're a little off on that one. They've had major injuries. Our coaching just sucks and we rely on people to carry one side of the ball, just like we did with Romo for so long. No Lee, defense is average. No Smith and Zeke.....we score 7 points.

Glad he's just going to get it over with. We're not going anywhere without some of our key guys.

1 minute ago, cowboy30 said:

Yea you're a little off on that one. They've had major injuries. Our coaching just sucks and we rely on people to carry one side of the ball, just like we did with Romo for so long. No Lee, defense is average. No Smith and Zeke.....we score 7 points.

Glad he's just going to get it over with. We're not going anywhere without some of our key guys.

Yup,  I don’t blame Dallas for misjudging green, he looked very good last year, but our front office make the mistake of having no backup plan at LB, the eagles had a servicable backup at OT, found a adequate replacement at K, and has better LB depth.

Garrett and Linehan are frauds X’s and O’s wise

Just now, Stephen1 said:

Yup,  I don’t blame Dallas for misjudging green, he looked very good last year, but our front office make the mistake of having no backup plan at LB, the eagles had a servicable backup at OT, found a adequate replacement at K, and has better LB depth.

Garrett and Linehan are frauds X’s and O’s wise

Yea it just kills me to know all week the coaching staff had time to put a contingency plan in place if Green struggled (knowing full well that Smith was out) and they simply didn't. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Green shouldn't have been left alone after the 2nd-3rd sack. I was baffled. 

5 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Yea it just kills me to know all week the coaching staff had time to put a contingency plan in place if Green struggled (knowing full well that Smith was out) and they simply didn't. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Green shouldn't have been left alone after the 2nd-3rd sack. I was baffled. 

Dude, they didn’t even have to put a plan together...I mean we’ve all seen OT’s get overmatched or have a bad game and everyone knows...put a TE over there or run a back out to chip...Dallas did little of either. I mean if you just put a TE on the LOS and have him chip the DE as he releases for his route...just simple ish..these are all just tweaks.

i will say they actually did adjust and go 3 te’s, drove down, but when Nugent missed the FG amd Atlanta Drive down  for another TD, it was over and they went back to spreading it out. Down 20-7 I thought they panicked, I would have come back out with the 3 te’s again

The eagles have depth that’s why some of the critical injuries we have sustained did not cause a drastic change in overall team performance ;)

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

The eagles have depth that’s why some of the critical injuries we have sustained did not cause a drastic change in overall team performance ;)

Yup, pretty much, Dallas had it last year When the starting LG missed 12 games, the starting  left and right tackle missed games a starting CB missed 8-9 games, another missed 4....”depth” can come and go pretty quick in today’s NFL.