GroundAttack

Bills Sign Anquan Boldin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000826632/article/anquan-boldin-signs-oneyear-deal-with-buffalo-bills

After losing out on the Jeremy Maclinsweepstakes, the Bills have finally gotten on the board with a veteran wide receiver.

Anquan Boldin is signing a one-year deal to join Tyrod Taylor and Sammy Watkins in Buffalo, Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager reported Monday. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero adds the one-year deal is worth up to $4 million. Boldin, who will turn 37 in early October, now joins his fifth NFL team in 15 years. His latest stop comes in a place desperate for help on offense.

The Bills later confirmed the signing.

Like how old is this guy now? Did they sign him to be a mascott? 

2 hours ago, Ialone said:

Like how old is this guy now? Did they sign him to be a mascott? 

He'll be 37 in October. He also had 8 TDs (tied for 9th in the league) and 41 first downs (tied for 43rd, 37th among WRs, in the league) last year.

Just now, zenclaybourne said:

He'll be 37 in October. He also had 8 TDs (tied for 9th in the league) and 41 first downs (tied for 43rd, 37th among WRs, in the league) last year.

Thats amazing for a WR....  but he has to fall off a cliff at somepoint. 

Just now, Ialone said:

Thats amazing for a WR....  but he has to fall off a cliff at somepoint. 

True, but it's not like they're looking at him as a number 1 option either.

If they don't suffer major injuries during their career, receivers have a fairly long shelf life. It's not something that you see all the time, but Boldin should have a good 2 decent years left in him. Especially for a guy who was never known for his speed.

On 8/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, Boss Hawg said:

If they don't suffer major injuries during their career, receivers have a fairly long shelf life. It's not something that you see all the time, but Boldin should have a good 2 decent years left in him. Especially for a guy who was never known for his speed.

Yeah... I remember when he broke his jaw but can't remember any other severe injuries. He's always been a possession run after catch type receiver with great hands. Like a Jason Avant  on HGH. He's durable knows how to get open and can catch. That equates to a long career.

They're collecting slot WRs now. Not sure why. The picks I kinda get. I half suspect they're planning on making a move to the top of the draft to grab a QB next year and with 2 1s 2s and 3s they're in prime position to do so.

So, in a surprising turn, Boldin is retiring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000832739/article/veteran-wr-anquan-boldin-retires-after-14-seasons

Anquan Boldin's stay with the Buffalo Bills lasted less than a fortnight.

The receiver signed with the Bills on August 7. After 13 days, he left the club and informed the team he's retiring, per the team.

I feel for Matthews. Greeted with a cold shoulder by Shady, gets injured first day of practice, veteran wideout quits, and Shady apparently wants out...

14 hours ago, mihailo said:

I feel for Matthews. Greeted with a cold shoulder by Shady, gets injured first day of practice, veteran wideout quits, and Shady apparently wants out...

No where did he ever say that or did someone say he did

20 hours ago, judunno said:

lol... he got to Buffalo and was like F this.

Not really. He decided he couldn't completely focus on football anymore with everything going on in the world.  He wants to dedicate himself to helping people.

19 minutes ago, gibsonplyer said:

Not really. He decided he couldn't completely focus on football anymore with everything going on in the world.  He wants to dedicate himself to helping people.

it was a joke

42 minutes ago, judunno said:

it was a joke

I got it but that was the legitimate talk on twitter and elsewhere which is why Boldin made the statement he made.

12 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

No where did he ever say that or did someone say he did

Yeah, I know it is purely conjecture. But it seems plausible based on the circumstance.