Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] C.J. Smith Is Very Much In Eagles' CB Mix

awe yeah! I'm glad you specifically focus on the NFCE teams, if we concentrate on beating them then other W's will pile up. But we have to beat the teams in our division. Using Dallas' O line as a measuring stick is perfect.

I just don't see it. There is this assumption that every team imrpoved on both sides of the line. That's just not true. Maybe they got better on one side but neither NY, WAS or DAL have improved on both sides of the line. We have. Not as much on D but like i said, light years on O. If our D even performs to the level of last year ( i think we'll be better) then that's not so bad. Of course it isn't ideal in the CB dept. but again, average would suffice for a playoff berth.

Agree whole heartedly Swoopin and stine.  No way Dallas' O-line is the same with Cooper LG and Collins RT replacing Leary and Free, respectively.  Ain't happinin!!  Yes, still have Tyron Smith LT, Frederick at C and Doug Martin at RG to help mask the weakness.  NYG did nothing to improve their OL at all.  Eli will, IMO, be eating more turf this year against a lot of Ds.

"The consistent drumbeat about Agholor's excellent practices are getting too hard to ignore," he wrote. "Our buddy Daniel Jeremiah said on his 'Move the Sticks Podcast' last week that Agholor has enjoyed a "total rebirth" and is destined to be Philadelphia's slot receiver." HMMMMM lol

I don't agree with the guy but he does have a lot if inside connection to the organization. My guess is we'll see both Matthews and Agholar play the slot in about a 60-40 role leaning on Matthews. At least to start the season and go from there. When pressed, Reich specifically said to not be surprised to see both of them in slot in a 4 WR config; which is something i'd really like to see more of this year. I'd just happen to prefer seeing Hollins somewhere in there.

Hollins is a long way from being ready. Rookie WR's are not normally ready until mid way thru the season, sometimes longer. Exceptions are bonified studs that are normally drafted in the top 20..... Angholor was an exception of course....

Agreed, that lines up with the timeline i was picturing seeing Hollins out there in a 4 WR set. I don't expect to see that in the opener. :D

I know the business side of things points to trading Matthews but I'm really hoping he stays on and has an excellent season to validate resigning him. I don't think there's nearly enough attention to the intangibles that he brings to the team. Yes he dropped too many last year but he's been a part of keeping us alive the past few years as well. By alive i mean contributing to the culture that we have. The camaraderie. The enjoyment of being on a team of decent people. The allure that can attract others. Everyone keeps giving Ertz a free pass for not having the same QB 3 seasons in a row. Well how about our most productive offensive player?

So even though from a financial perspective it may not be the best decision to keep him but instead to keep N/A, I would still prefer to keep JMatt. I want people on the team that I like. Otherwise why like the team?

Isn't Foles still out? Heard McGloin's really stinking up the joint. Won't be a pretty game, fortunately it's pre-season.

Read where Treggs has righted the ship, playing well. If - and believe we should - keep an extra downfield receiver, would like him to get a shot - we have slot guys.

I know the business side of things points to trading Matthews but I'm really hoping he stays on and has an excellent season to validate resigning him. I don't think there's nearly enough attention to the intangibles that he brings to the team. Yes he dropped too many last year but he's been a part of keeping us alive the past few years as well. By alive i mean contributing to the culture that we have. The camaraderie. The enjoyment of being on a team of decent people. The allure that can attract others. Everyone keeps giving Ertz a free pass for not having the same QB 3 seasons in a row. Well how about our most productive offensive player?

So even though from a financial perspective it may not be the best decision to keep him but instead to keep N/A, I would still prefer to keep JMatt. I want people on the team that I like. Otherwise why like the team?

we can't keep everyone and JMatt is gonna want to get PAID(aka cap hit)

Isn't Foles still out? Heard McGloin's really stinking up the joint. Won't be a pretty game, fortunately it's pre-season.

Read where Treggs has righted the ship, playing well. If - and believe we should - keep an extra downfield receiver, would like him to get a shot - we have slot guys.

Like Swoop,we can't keep everyone lol

Timing as well GB. If we could get a decent trade we'd have to go for it. We also have to make sure Ag is going to show up in real games.

As far as I know yeah.McGloin needs to learn the system and get the reps in.He won;t improve sitting on the bench and it's pre anyhow,so let him try.Foles should already know it,maybe a little rusty there but that's just practice and getting the familiarity back

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Timing as well GB. If we could get a decent trade we'd have to go for it. We also have to make sure Ag is going to show up in real games.

True.hard to trust AG until we seem him in an actual game since it seems he has always shines when it doesn''t count.Even if we traded Jmatt and AG STILL cannot cut it,I believe we have the WR's to cover(see Johnson and Hollins here) if we were in a serious pinch

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This first  pre game might be the Dane Evans show

Think we see alot of both in pre-1 at least one is going way lol

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't think Foles injury is serious,but no need to force the issue