Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] C.J. Smith Is Very Much In Eagles' CB Mix

Why would we weaken that position? Then again we did offer him up to the Saints as part of the possible trade for Cooks.

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Why would we weaken that position? Then again we did offer him up to the Saints as part of the possible trade for Cooks.

Wasn' that before we signed Alshon?

Welp it's "mid August" so we will soon see what happens with Rmat.Still think getting that cap back then going after another CB is the better way to go,although I don't know who we like in FA,or we could wait for other teams cuts

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah, Saints also wanted our 2nd rounder, Pats paid up.

Well at that point we didn't know what we had/would have draft wise and only had Smith signed and we needed a WR.

We've been practicing 3-S sets and think Schwartz has workarounds to cover weaknesses at CB. It wouldn't be the end of the season going with what we have. A lot of teams looking for CB's and we can't afford to mess up the team to overpay.

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We've been practicing 3-S sets and think Schwartz has workarounds to cover weaknesses at CB. It wouldn't be the end of the season going with what we have. A lot of teams looking for CB's and we can't afford to mess up the team to overpay.

yeah and we SHOULD have some kind of pass rush that was missing too lol

Hmmm i think you guys are underestimating the Cowgirls OL. Cooper n Collins just took that OL to the next level in my eyes. Might be a slow start for them but i can see them growing to be the most dominant OL in the league.

Oh how we all doing?? BOOM!

Orlosky

Did you guys see Wentz is starting tomorrow night? Better be starting our OL as well.

Nice! I think a few series from the starters then they be off. Brooks sounds like has a tweaked ankle so Warmack most prob start.

10 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Hmmm i think you guys are underestimating the Cowgirls OL. Cooper n Collins just took that OL to the next level in my eyes. Might be a slow start for them but i can see them growing to be the most dominant OL in the league.

Oh how we all doing?? BOOM!

Only time will tell on this the key Cogs of the Dallas OL are still in place though in Fredrick,Martin,Smith so they will be a good group 

20 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Orlosky

Did you guys see Wentz is starting tomorrow night? Better be starting our OL as well.

Wentz and the whole first team should be out there tomorrow at least for a series or 2 

To me, he was the best looking CB in last year's preseason games. It really annoyed me that neither he nor Grymes, who also looked good, were never given a chance late in the season when it became apparent McKelvin wasn't good enough and the playoffs weren't going to happen.

Woiukd be interesting to see who the Eagles would target if we opted to try a d trade for a CB.....Kyle Fuller seems like the best name but no guarantee on what he brings if we got him.....Could an older option be in the cards Joe Haden from the Browns for the right price could be a great benefit to us.....Could we possibly get a CB from Denver Roby???? Aging Talib????? Would we be looking for a long term solution in a trade or a guy that can help prepare our youngster to take over 

Dunno about the cowpies OL. Looks like they're still tying to replace Leary, who was a very good player. OL has to function as a unit, takes time to build that communication and they're running out of it. They'll be good, just a step back from last yr. Plus we don't play them until later.

I'll say it again, camp needs to start earlier. Not even camp, just get these guys in earlier to work with trainers and physical therapists. They'll never avoid all injuries, but there's in shape and then there's football shape. I've never seen this many injuries this early.

I'll say it again, camp needs to start earlier. Not even camp, just get these guys in earlier to work with trainers and physical therapists. They'll never avoid all injuries, but there's in shape and then there's football shape. I've never seen this many injuries this early.

Always thought NFL has the longest offseason. 4 pre season n 16 regular games is nothing.

This guy's just huge;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827085/article/watch-byus-410pound-lineman-makes-onearmed-tackle

Said not camp, not even any coaches - just trainers and physical therapists.

Crawfords' injury was an accident - Zeke stepped on his ankle. There have been a lot of injuries this OS.

This guy's just huge;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827085/article/watch-byus-410pound-lineman-makes-onearmed-tackle

Said not camp, not even any coaches - just trainers and physical therapists.

Crawfords' injury was an accident - Zeke stepped on his ankle. There have been a lot of injuries this OS.

Yeah thats comes down to the individual. Long offseason leads to more non football related activies. More non football related actives can lead to more players not being in football shape. I mean 6-7 months is crazy long without football.