Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] C.J. Smith Is Very Much In Eagles' CB Mix

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'll say it again, camp needs to start earlier. Not even camp, just get these guys in earlier to work with trainers and physical therapists. They'll never avoid all injuries, but there's in shape and then there's football shape. I've never seen this many injuries this early.

Always thought NFL has the longest offseason. 4 pre season n 16 regular games is nothing.

I always wanted 17 games.The even number at 16 can be a real problem cause you have to go to tiebreakers all the time.With 17 you can't be 8-8 it has to be either 9-8 0r 8-9.At least it would let teams know if they are slightly above or below "average".Plus another week fo loot coming in for the teams and the NFL

This guy's just huge;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827085/article/watch-byus-410pound-lineman-makes-onearmed-tackle

Said not camp, not even any coaches - just trainers and physical therapists.

Crawfords' injury was an accident - Zeke stepped on his ankle. There have been a lot of injuries this OS.

Dats a BIG BOY!!!

Hmmm i think you guys are underestimating the Cowgirls OL. Cooper n Collins just took that OL to the next level in my eyes. Might be a slow start for them but i can see them growing to be the most dominant OL in the league.

Oh how we all doing?? BOOM!

Garrett always seems to get them to play

Reading over on the cowpie site, pretty upset about the Crawford injury, calling him the leader so evidently a big blow. That and their site was pretty lame today, very slow message boards.

4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Bring in Mongo!

LOL yeah a one man mob

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Reading over on the cowpie site, pretty upset about the Crawford injury, calling him the leader so evidently a big blow. That and their site was pretty lame today, very slow message boards.

Do you troll them when you are bored?

Been going to physical therapy ( need mental therapy, I know ). I'm 6'1", 225 and these girls are beating me up! They've totally changed my pov of working out and getting the back in shape. Thought I'd do all the crunches and planks. They have me do these small isolation moves and I get a lot more out of those. New found respect for the therapists and better understand how they can get these guys into shape.

I call her a girl but she's been a therapist for 18 yrs. Told me she went for an 8 mi run at 5:30 this am, if you saw her you'd at least want to chase her ;)

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Been going to physical therapy ( need mental therapy, I know ). I'm 6'1", 225 and these girls are beating me up! They've totally changed my pov of working out and getting the back in shape. Thought I'd do all the crunches and planks. They have me do these small isolation moves and I get a lot more out of those. New found respect for the therapists and better understand how they can get these guys into shape.

If you're an Eagles fan apparently mental illness has already hit you,still we hope on HAHA

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I call her a girl but she's been a therapist for 18 yrs. Told me she went for an 8 mi run at 5:30 this am, if you saw her you'd at least want to chase her ;)

At my age,if I ran 8 miles I would need an EMS pick-up

Well I swore I would not die until,we won a SB.Apparently they are planning for my demise real soon lol

And since the good die young,I figure I will live to be 300 anyway

39 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Yeah thats comes down to the individual. Long offseason leads to more non football related activies. More non football related actives can lead to more players not being in football shape. I mean 6-7 months is crazy long without football.

More time for a few fools to get in more trouble too

Hmmm i think you guys are underestimating the Cowgirls OL. Cooper n Collins just took that OL to the next level in my eyes. Might be a slow start for them but i can see them growing to be the most dominant OL in the league.

Oh how we all doing?? BOOM!

Welcome back FREAK! ☺

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like Swoop,we can't keep everyone lol

I can't disagree with your points but you know i can't let this slide without pointing out you want to keep 5 RB's. :P

36 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

I can't disagree with your points but you know i can't let this slide without pointing out you want to keep 5 RB's. :P

IF we only keep 5 WR's, if we keep 6 WR's then it's 4 RB's.Point is there are no guarantees we can re-sign Blount and Sproles will more than likely retire.As RB's get hurt through the season IMO Clement would not last on the PS and if the 2 aforementioned things occur and Smalls gets hurt we are back to no RB since pump is not even close to a 3 down back

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IF we only keep 5 WR's, if we keep 6 WR's then it's 4 RB's.Point is there are no guarantees we can re-sign Blount and Sproles will more than likely retire.As RB's get hurt through the season IMO Clement would not last on the PS and if the 2 aforementioned things occur and Smalls gets hurt we are back to no RB since pump is not even close to a 3 down back

Thus if there is any possible way to keep 5,then I would do so just for the "security" and getting that pipeline started like we have at WR.Of course if you find someone better then Clement,you replace him.I would be fine losing Clement IF we had signed Blount to say a 3 year deal,but that's not the case

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In addition to that if all those things happened,then your gonna have to shell out loot for one,or once again rely on a rookie,so I am only thinking ahead and "covering" kapiche?:P

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

In addition to that if all those things happened,then your gonna have to shell out loot for one,or once again rely on a rookie,so I am only thinking ahead and "covering" kapiche?:P

And we have Clement on a 4 year rook deal

15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

we can't keep everyone and JMatt is gonna want to get PAID(aka cap hit)

For some reason it won't let me post without quoting. it's forcing the quote in there.

anyways, like i said, i don't disagree with most of your points but i laid out what i think on JMatt. For fear of sounding like i've got a crush on him i'm gonna leave it at that. :P

Just keep the best 5 or 6.If they feel someone at another position is the "keeper" then Corey goes to the PS and we hope what I laid out doesn't happen.The FO knows more than I ever will.I think if we do well this year,Blount would not hesitate to re-sign.like I said just thinking out loud and trying to cover the bases as an armchair staffer lol 

5 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

For some reason it won't let me post without quoting. it's forcing the quote in there.

anyways, like i said, i don't disagree with most of your points but i laid out what i think on JMatt. For fear of sounding like i've got a crush on him i'm gonna leave it at that. :P

I like him,just weighing on if he's gonna be worth a nice paycheck when we have guys on rook deals in the wings that would not really affect out cap going forward.It's the annual "who's worth what game"