Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] C.J. Smith Is Very Much In Eagles' CB Mix

2 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

all day i have been planning on watching the game tonight. stinkin wednesday. wow.

Anticipation is a killer

5 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

and again!!! i have been operating all day as if it was thursday.

Sorry man,didn't mean to rain your parade lol

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

So do we want this guy? I never heard of him but that doesn't amount to much.

Was with the 9ers(young),was accused of(I forgot) and they cut him.later charges were dropped(dosn;t mean he is innocent though lol).So now they are trying to get him back.But since he was CUT,he can go anywhere he wants.Don;t know how good or bad he is,I will have to look

not sure where we were discussing the Dallas D line so i'm carrying it on here:

Losing Crawford for an extended period would be the latest significant hit to a Dallas D-line that will go without the suspended trio of Damontre Moore, David Irving and Randy Gregory for two, four and 16 games, respectively, in 2017. Thanks in part to those players’ bans, the Cowboys’ top ends aside from Crawford are Benson Mayowa, who totaled a team-leading six sacks in a part-time role last season, the oft-injured Demarcus Lawrence and first-round rookie Taco Charlton.

It’s possible a major Crawford injury would lead to the Cowboys checking in on the free agent market for established pass rushers. Dwight Freeney, Mario Williams, Paul Kruger and Trent Cole are the most proven options available.

Seeing Trent in a Cowpies uni would be like getting kicked in the yarbels.

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13681/tramaine-brock    Well now we HAVE to get him,we have the same Bday 

Last 2 years,pretty nice stats!!!(with a crap team) I especially like his stats on PD(passes defended) We need that!!!

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

I wonder how many times Torrey's phone has rung today.

RMat holding up the works here.I hope he's tipping his doctor for delaying the call-pfffffft

The 28-year-old Brock has spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Niners after first joining the team undrafted free agent in 2010. He went on to start in 40 of 80 appearances and totaled eleven interceptions.

He’s coming off his first 16-start season, in which he amassed a career-high 58 tackles, logged 14 passes defensed and picked off a pass. He also ranked 23rd in overall performance among Pro Football Focus’ 111 qualified corners.

So, obviously we're excited to see the big name newcomers play but regarding the second level of excitement i'd say I'm interested to see what Qualls does tomorrow. Haven't heard too much about him other than the obligatory mention of missing OTA's due to school rules, etc. Same with Cherry, Walker, McAllister.. names kinda just floating out there but have a lot to prove to make the team. Gordon will be another one. And Gerry, that's gonna be good too even though i don't know how to pronounce his name out loud.

Jerry? Gary? Jury? Gurry? Gayray? Sometimes the G is silent; Airy? Or if he's a rapper, G-ray? Or what if he's French; Zsheray?

Having said that now and thinking about those big names we're waiting to see and wow, this could be a seriously exciting preseason. I always used to watch but never really got too deep into knowing about the bubble guys as much as i have this year. It just feels like there's more potential and a lot more riding on it this time around.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IF we only keep 5 WR's, if we keep 6 WR's then it's 4 RB's.Point is there are no guarantees we can re-sign Blount and Sproles will more than likely retire.As RB's get hurt through the season IMO Clement would not last on the PS and if the 2 aforementioned things occur and Smalls gets hurt we are back to no RB since pump is not even close to a 3 down back

Just don't see the need to keep 5 RBs pipeline is started with Smalls/Pump.....my main thing with Clement if he stays or leaves don't see it changing anything for next year.....If Blount/Sproles leave I am still looking to draft another RB or add another FA what role that RB has is going to have a ton to do with how Smalls performs 

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IF we only keep 5 WR's, if we keep 6 WR's then it's 4 RB's.Point is there are no guarantees we can re-sign Blount and Sproles will more than likely retire.As RB's get hurt through the season IMO Clement would not last on the PS and if the 2 aforementioned things occur and Smalls gets hurt we are back to no RB since pump is not even close to a 3 down back

Just don't see the need to keep 5 RBs pipeline is started with Smalls/Pump.....my main thing with Clement if he stays or leaves don't see it changing anything for next year.....If Blount/Sproles leave I am still looking to draft another RB or add another FA what role that RB has is going to have a ton to do with how Smalls performs 

I think 4 RBs 6 WRs. Gibson with the phantom injury for IR. Unless he plays lights out during preseason.

Liked that Swoop as for some reason thought tonight was Thurs as well.

Just got home and turned on the tube, NFLN on and saw Jags' center practicing drawing D's offside. Sure we do as well, just never actually saw it before. Does Wentz have a good hard count?

Like that Freak. Probs are Alshon, JMat w/ contracts, Sproles and maybe JP retiring. They could all be back or none of them. Sure there are more, we have pretty many 1 yr contracts.

Blount may stay if he does well. Right now he's our only big back, believe around 250 lbs. RB's a lot cheaper than WR's, either one try to find a good one when you need him.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Depends on if we get CB play or we have to hit that again as to if we draft a RB no?

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And if Smalls gets hurt we have??????(I mean if Blount goes away and Sproles retires

We all have to trust that the coaches keep the best players for THIS year. Next year doesn't even matter right now. Look at the roster now vs just three years ago. Who is left? It is like that for nearly every team in the NFL. If they cut someone, that means they feel like they have someone better now in that position. That's really all that matters. Next year is not a given for any of these players....except for Wentz I suspect. I wish I could get the Eagles media here in Boise, Idaho. I'd LOVE it! I can't get enough of it. I enjoy reading each of your opinions as well. It is great to read the passion of some of the elder statesman fans, since I am kind of in the middle (46). Born and raised in Idaho and a diehard Eagles fan since they beat the Cowboys in the '81 NFC Championship game ('80 season). Montgomery ran wild that day! It was awesome! Then they let Jaws throw too much for the Super Bowl...which he threw too much to Rod Martin. Uggggg.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I think 4 RBs 6 WRs. Gibson with the phantom injury for IR. Unless he plays lights out during preseason.

I know Freak ,4 is the "norm",but I am thinking about next year not this year alone.We can't re-sign Blount,Sproles retires and Smalls gets hurt we really only would have Pump and he's no 3 down banger back

We all have to trust that the coaches keep the best players for THIS year. Next year doesn't even matter right now. Look at the roster now vs just three years ago. Who is left? It is like that for nearly every team in the NFL. If they cut someone, that means they feel like they have someone better now in that position. That's really all that matters. Next year is not a given for any of these players....except for Wentz I suspect. I wish I could get the Eagles media here in Boise, Idaho. I'd LOVE it! I can't get enough of it. I enjoy reading each of your opinions as well. It is great to read the passion of some of the elder statesman fans, since I am kind of in the middle (46). Born and raised in Idaho and a diehard Eagles fan since they beat the Cowboys in the '81 NFC Championship game ('80 season). Montgomery ran wild that day! It was awesome! Then they let Jaws throw too much for the Super Bowl...which he threw too much to Rod Martin. Uggggg.

This is why we go nowhere,planning for ONE year does not keep you in the game

I really, really want to trust the coaches and management regarding the CBs on this team. However, I just don't. I think they have looked and just haven't found available talent for the position for upgrades.....which is concerning. I like Mills' attitude; same for Grymes, et al, but I don't see the athletic talent and speed to play with OBJ, Dez, etc. It takes a full defense to play, but the corners could leave this defense exposed no matter what. This leads me to believe they won't blitz much which means the DLine better be OUTSTANDING!