Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] C.J. Smith Is Very Much In Eagles' CB Mix

Of course next yr matters, so does the yr after that. Some players take 3 yrs, if not - dump 'em. If we weren't looking at next yr, why would we draft Jones who may not even see the field till then? As for pipeline, it's not that deep w/ Sproles set to retire, Alshon and JMats' contracts up in the air. I'm watching pre-season to see who should make the bottom of the roster, who we can't afford to risk putting on the PS and to see if anybody can supplant players we think should make the roster. Certain players, ahem, don't show up in games, others play better than practice.

10 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

We all have to trust that the coaches keep the best players for THIS year. Next year doesn't even matter right now. Look at the roster now vs just three years ago. Who is left? It is like that for nearly every team in the NFL. If they cut someone, that means they feel like they have someone better now in that position. That's really all that matters. Next year is not a given for any of these players....except for Wentz I suspect. I wish I could get the Eagles media here in Boise, Idaho. I'd LOVE it! I can't get enough of it. I enjoy reading each of your opinions as well. It is great to read the passion of some of the elder statesman fans, since I am kind of in the middle (46). Born and raised in Idaho and a diehard Eagles fan since they beat the Cowboys in the '81 NFC Championship game ('80 season). Montgomery ran wild that day! It was awesome! Then they let Jaws throw too much for the Super Bowl...which he threw too much to Rod Martin. Uggggg.

This is why we go nowhere,planning for ONE year does not keep you in the game

Not necessarily mean plan for only one year, but next year for any of the players is just not a given. Lots of things happen. Did you think the WRs we have today would be on this team one year ago?

I really, really want to trust the coaches and management regarding the CBs on this team. However, I just don't. I think they have looked and just haven't found available talent for the position for upgrades.....which is concerning. I like Mills' attitude; same for Grymes, et al, but I don't see the athletic talent and speed to play with OBJ, Dez, etc. It takes a full defense to play, but the corners could leave this defense exposed no matter what. This leads me to believe they won't blitz much which means the DLine better be OUTSTANDING!

We;ll blitz,we never had the players to do it last year

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  27 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

We all have to trust that the coaches keep the best players for THIS year. Next year doesn't even matter right now. Look at the roster now vs just three years ago. Who is left? It is like that for nearly every team in the NFL. If they cut someone, that means they feel like they have someone better now in that position. That's really all that matters. Next year is not a given for any of these players....except for Wentz I suspect. I wish I could get the Eagles media here in Boise, Idaho. I'd LOVE it! I can't get enough of it. I enjoy reading each of your opinions as well. It is great to read the passion of some of the elder statesman fans, since I am kind of in the middle (46). Born and raised in Idaho and a diehard Eagles fan since they beat the Cowboys in the '81 NFC Championship game ('80 season). Montgomery ran wild that day! It was awesome! Then they let Jaws throw too much for the Super Bowl...which he threw too much to Rod Martin. Uggggg.

Not necessarily mean plan for only one year, but next year for any of the players is just not a given. Lots of things happen. Did you think the WRs we have today would be on this team one year ago?

No because we had NO PIPELINE

See Arians is letting his QB coach Leftwich call plays for their 1st pre game, good idea - hint, hint.

Never hurts to have a BU play caller.Sometimes if you are failing in a game,they can step in,if the coach can put his ego aside

20 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Whoa. This website takes forever to post comments. What is up?

It posts right away if you go in the back way,coming from the front(and it's only a guess) it that it hs to clear the mod before it posts from the front

22 minutes ago, senhorcook said:
  31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  34 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

No because we had NO PIPELINE

SOOOO we were forced to hit the FA market

So,I will say it again.If there is any way to keep Clement on the 53,we should.Check his stats at Wisconsin-pretty impressive.Now granted that may or may not translate to the NFL,but IMO we need to find out either way,He has a chip cause he though his name would be called on draft day which seems to make guys work harder to prove everyone wrong

Jags not using McAffery like I'd thought. Half the time they're running him up the gut - he's too small for that. Gets positive yds, not a lot of them the way they're using him. A lot of injuries.

Sometimes when I read I just glance and thought your 1st reply said it takes horse d**ck and I'm like WTF does that have to do w/ anything?

This pre-season game is pretty sloppy but hey - it's football!

Jags not using McAffery like I'd thought. Half the time they're running him up the gut - he's too small for that. Gets positive yds, not a lot of them the way they're using him. A lot of injuries.

That was the knock on Caff,yep he's much better being used like we use Sproles

Sometimes when I read I just glance and thought your 1st reply said it takes horse d**ck and I'm like WTF does that have to do w/ anything?

This pre-season game is pretty sloppy but hey - it's football!

LMAO-HAHAHAHA

4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

For his sake hope they learn that. As for the jags could care less. These Houston b/u's don't look bad.

Haven't watched any pre at all.Of course I will watch tomorrow

I'm looking forward to the battles on our roster. Not all that tied up about JMat vs Ag - they're both making the team if not traded. The b/u OL, depth RB, WR, all the CB's because right now can't believe the starting CB's are settled. Read we may be interested in Brock

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

For his sake hope they learn that. As for the jags could care less. These Houston b/u's don't look bad.

Thought Bradley had Jax on the right track.They improved for a few years,then they just stagnated into a .500 club