Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pdmkob

Saints shopping CB Breaux

Maybe if Agholor shows well in the pre-season we could unload him for Breaux and a draft pick. But besides that I don't see us having many assets to trade. I want to keep Kendricks as depth. And as much as I dislike Kelce starting, he would be good depth if he doesn't start.

I'd still like them to add another corner, but would prefer them to sign one, trade a player they were going to cut, or trade a 6th or 7th to obtain one. 

I think the eagles are done trading for CBs..........All I can see Howie doing now is trading away some players to get additional draft picks to use as chips to replace the 2nd and 3rd rounders they don't have in 2018.  

No.  If we're trading Kelce or Kendricks I want draft picks, not more CB's.  We've got enough young talent there now - let them sort themselves out.

15 hours ago, pdmkob said:

So do we want him?

Suppose for a moment that we do want him and Howie goes to get him. Who/What do we trade for him?

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Suppose for a moment that we do want him and Howie goes to get him. Who/What do we trade for him?

Anghlor 

Guest Thomas76
2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

swap him for our own player who breaks up passes and creates interceptions:  Nelson Agholor!

Guest Thomas76
2 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

Anghlor 

lol. you beat me to it by mere seconds.

But in all seriousness saints need edge rushers.  I see this as a green Beckham Dennis Kelly type situation where the saints are likely to cut him if they can't get something.  I'd offer McCalister a player the eagles are likely to cut in return.

48 minutes ago, Thomas76 said:

swap him for our own player who breaks up passes and creates interceptions:  Nelson Agholor!

I'm hoping he'll play up to higher (much higher) expectations this season.

BTW this thread does not belong in TATE...

Just saying. In before the move.

18 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Is there something connecting this Breaux to the Eagles or why is this posted here?

They were interested in signing him out of the CFL before he chose New Orleans.

2 minutes ago, Jay90 said:

Kelce and a 5th for Breaux and a 3rd :P

They traded Jimmy Graham for Max Unger. 

Breaux is worth more than some castoff likely to be cut.  Before he got banged up last year, Breaux was pretty solid in 2015. 

Whose spot do you give up to keep him?  Already got Darby/Mills/Douglas/Brooks/Robinson/Smith and Grymes to fight for, at most, 6 spots.  And then Jones when he's healthy takes a spot.

You'd have to get rid of both Grymes and Smith, then one of Robinson/Brooks to make it work.  Not to mention he's a restricted free agent next year...even if we tendered him there's a good chance someone bites on it and he leaves anyway.  Or if we did offer him a new contract, he's not going to take vet minimum.  Not worth it. 

Darby and Sidney Jones are going to be out CB tandem for years to come.   Trading for Breaux when Jones is hopefully only a few weeks away is a waste.

4 minutes ago, GNS_CLFD said:

Darby and Sidney Jones are going to be out CB tandem for years to come.   Trading for Breaux when Jones is hopefully only a few weeks away is a waste.

Jones won't / shouldn't play this year 

3 hours ago, Jay90 said:

And?

You don't trade the 2nd best TE in the league for a 2 time pro bowler and all pro who is a former Superbowl champion to replace him with Kelce.

12 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

He has a fractured fibula and will require surgery, 4-6 week recovery time

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0689463906392870974-4

I heard that on the radio while driving to the shore, meant to post it when I got here.

Apparently they thought it was a bone bruise for months and months.  They ended up firing 2 team doctors for misdiagnosing it.

Can you imagine if they pulled off a trade and the other team said "hold up, this dude has a broken leg!"