Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pdmkob

Saints shopping CB Breaux

Low salary, readily injured, flashed in 2015 as an up and coming talent, dipped down in 2016 with injuries, part of one of then worst pass defenses in the league last year. 

Are we now set at corner with Darby??

Low cap hit, so it's not a salary issue. 

Can't find much on him other than his latest trade rumors. 

So do we want him?

Nah. I'd say one trade is enough. They still want to see how their current guys behind Darby will pan out. I think the organization feels lucky enough they got at least one decent corner before the season starts. Anything can happen, but it feels like the players they got will be in good position for success now at corner. It's comparable to having Jeffrey at receiver, it just helps to take some pressure off the rest of the group as they continue to grow. 

Pass. Unless we can unload a player that wont be here much longer, im not interested. We need every future draft pick we can get

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

We are running low on assets to trade. I'm good with darby, breaux

I'm good with my breaux, Darby, too.

Saints are consistently ranked 36th out of 32 teams in pass coverage every year and now you're telling me there is someone even they don't want anymore...

I wouldn't rule it out as the more bodies we can get at corner the better... But it would have to be minimal rock bottom cost! And I'm not completely convinced he would bring that much to the team. For me I think I'd rather develop Douglas and see what we have with Jones when he's back to full health.

6 hours ago, paco said:

Pass. Unless we can unload a player that wont be here much longer, im not interested. We need every future draft pick we can get

This right here.

7 hours ago, pdmkob said:

Low salary, readily injured, flashed in 2015 as an up and coming talent, dipped down in 2016 with injuries, part of one of then worst pass defenses in the league last year. 

Are we now set at corner with Darby??

Low cap hit, so it's not a salary issue. 

Can't find much on him other than his latest trade rumors. 

So do we want him?

I'd have to pass.  With Darby now in the mix we should be at least 'OK' for 2017 with Mills starting opposite him.  In 2018 CB potentially could be a strength with Jones seeing the field - if he returns close to 100% he and Darby could become a formidable tandem.  Then you have Mills, Douglas, Brooks, etc., rounding out the DC.  It kinda reminds me how WR went from such dreck in 2016 to a fairly deep and strong group just a year later.  

He'd be an upgrade but the reason the saints are shopping him is because he can't stay on the field.  He's currently out now.  I'd roll the dice but not for any pick.  It would have to be a Dennis Kelly like deal.   A player likely to get cut for a player likely to get cut.

20 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Offer them Ryan Mathews.

Worth a shot.

One player who can't stay on the field for another player who can't stay on the field. :P

No thanks

Every time they turn to a saints game on redzone he seems to be getting roasted alive. And if i have to watch him strut around doing the incomplete sign once more after a WR drops a ball that hits him in the boobs, i might go postal.

Maybe im being harsh and i certainly dont know his actual stats on PBU or TDs conceded etc. Just speaking anecdotally about my weekly redzone experience haha. Im sure the arm chair GM's (no offence meant, just my name for those who actually watch the all 22 etc) will set me straight on this. But i just dont like him as a player at all

I really like Darby in this scheme and i think Sidney Jones is going to be a really good NFL corner.Also, call me crazy but i like Mills too. I really think he can develop into a legit starting corner. I think he's going to be a good player for us this year
I dont want to give up more draft capital for a guy like him. If we could get him for a guy like Kendricks who is going to wind up being cut in the next 12 months anyways, sure throw another dart at the CB dart board. But picks is a no go imo

Straight up trade for Kelce or Kendricks? Sure, I'll pull the trigger.

But for a draft pick or any significant player? Naw.

7 minutes ago, eephraim said:

I would do it. Talent at CB is better than no talent at CB.

Except he can't stay healthy and there isn't a lack of talent at the CB position.

10 minutes ago, voodoochile75 said:

If you can only list one pro and rattle off three cons, don't even bother with a thread.

Just gettin the info out, don't act like it won't be brought up anyway. 

I am personally indifferent towards the kid, actually never even knew he existed, but until the Darby trade, the consensus was that our corners were back ups posing as starters. Others were begging for Fuller, who has a worse resume and whose franchise has done just about everything they can to replace him. 

If this kid is a starter (albeit, for a bad secondary) it should be better than Leodis Mckelvins back ups. 

6 minutes ago, pdmkob said:

Just gettin the info out, don't act like it won't be brought up anyway. 

I am personally indifferent towards the kid, actually never even knew he existed, but until the Darby trade, the consensus was that our corners were back ups posing as starters. Others were begging for Fuller, who has a worse resume and whose franchise has done just about everything they can to replace him. 

If this kid is a starter (albeit, for a bad secondary) it should be better than Leodis Mckelvins back ups. 

The secondary was as bad as it was because of the time he missed. Hes a sticky man corner. Pretty darn good one. If you could really pull a player for player trade with a guy thats not in our teams future anyway, itd be very worth it.