bobbywizdum

Mccoy reportably on trade block;eagles should make the move

Profootballtalk just talked to a source with the bills that McCoy is not available.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/22/bills-havent-entertained-lesean-mccoy-trade-offers-and-wont/

PFT also says there was no real source to this other than a guy hypothesizing. They literally just confirmed that Bobbywizdum made this all up. No sources, no trade block, no "reports."

Tradeblockgate. He got everyone here to 11 pages though, so I guess it was worth it for his hubris?

2 hours ago, Havenless said:

Profootballtalk just talked to a source with the bills that McCoy is not available.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/22/bills-havent-entertained-lesean-mccoy-trade-offers-and-wont/

PFT also says there was no real source to this other than a guy hypothesizing. They literally just confirmed that Bobbywizdum made this all up. No sources, no trade block, no "reports."

Tradeblockgate. He got everyone here to 11 pages though, so I guess it was worth it for his hubris?

Meh the 2 articles out there were bogus and the next one that came up the other day was just eagle fan boy sites. Oh then another guy just saying they should trade him.

2 hours ago, Havenless said:

And when a trade goes down this unknown source will mean?

Even if McCoy was/is available for trade, does anybody honestly expect the Bills to say "yes he's available and if you want him you can have him"? 

What leverage do they have by doing that? Of course they're gonna say he's not available because if teams think he's really not available, they'll come with a better offer to change the Bills' minds on that issue. 

8 hours ago, AceofSpades said:

Even if McCoy was/is available for trade, does anybody honestly expect the Bills to say "yes he's available and if you want him you can have him"? 

What leverage do they have by doing that? Of course they're gonna say he's not available because if teams think he's really not available, they'll come with a better offer to change the Bills' minds on that issue. 

True, but it will take a lot to get them to part with McCoy, and the Eagles simply don't have the capital, without mortgaging the future.

16 minutes ago, rfade said:

True, but it will take a lot to get them to part with McCoy, and the Eagles simply don't have the capital, without mortgaging the future.

Especially with no 2nd or 3rd right now. There isn't enough to begin to make a move for McCoy even if the Bills would listen.

Maybe we should just hang Chip from the wind turbines at the Linc.  Maybe that will make the masses feel vindicated.  I'm a Harrisburg guy I like Shady but c'mon this is stupid.. This team should consider itself lucky to finish 10-6 if we had Shady this season.  This isn't a super bowl team it's a borderline playoff team with or without him...

I mean if Dougie's still smashing Sproles and Pumphrey up the middle and sending Blount wide come the regular season maybe it's time we find a new coach rather than overpaying for a soon to be 30 year old running back.... I mean maybe I'm alone here but I'm not worried one bit about the run game.  Now is the time for Doug to try some new things out....See how these guys react to various situations....The few times Blount ran up the middle the yards were there.  The defenses are always ahead of the offenses at this point.  Same thing every Fing year.  Defenses always dominate the early part of the preseason until the offense gets it's timing down....Every year... year in year out...same crap folks 

While I haven't seen anything this stupid in TATE (although I haven't read every post in this thread) I saw two comments on facebook yesterday on a CSN article.  One suggested we trade them Mychal Kendricks straight up for Shady and the other suggested we trade them Blount and Smallwood for Shady....

After seeing comments like that I may need a safe place just like the rest of the snowflakes living in this country.... 

17 minutes ago, Baynit said:

Maybe we should just hang Chip from the wind turbines at the Linc.  Maybe that will make the masses feel vindicated.  I'm a Harrisburg guy I like Shady but c'mon this is stupid.. This team should consider itself lucky to finish 10-6 if we had Shady this season.  This isn't a super bowl team it's a borderline playoff team with or without him...

I mean if Dougie's still smashing Sproles and Pumphrey up the middle and sending Blount wide come the regular season maybe it's time we find a new coach rather than overpaying for a soon to be 30 year old running back.... I mean maybe I'm alone here but I'm not worried one bit about the run game.  Now is the time for Doug to try some new things out....See how these guys react to various situations....The few times Blount ran up the middle the yards were there.  The defenses are always ahead of the offenses at this point.  Same thing every Fing year.  Defenses always dominate the early part of the preseason until the offense gets it's timing down....Every year... year in year out...same crap folks 

While I haven't seen anything this stupid in TATE (although I haven't read every post in this thread) I saw two comments on facebook yesterday on a CSN article.  One suggested we trade them Mychal Kendricks straight up for Shady and the other suggested we trade them Blount and Smallwood for Shady....

After seeing comments like that I may need a safe place just like the rest of the snowflakes living in this country.... 

What about this te short of the youth of wentz screams we would be lucky to be 10-6 with or without shady as if having a top 3 running back in the game wouldnt make a difference?

Elite dline, very good oline, improved secondary, good receiving core...what am i missing?

18 hours ago, Havenless said:

Not that I'm an NFL GM, but if I was the Bills... McCoy would of been one of the first to go given their current team direction.  They let Gillmore walk, and traded away guys like Watkins and Darby who were all young and have shown potential/are good players... important for a rebuild, but hang on to their expensive RB who is aging, and most likely won't be in reasonable football shape by the time the team turns it around?  Makes no sense for the Bills at all IMO.

This is also why they are the Bills.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, wjthomas77 said:

All else aside him being the biggest d-bag ever makes it a no for me.

This argument is so silly imo. People didn't care that T.O. was a much bigger d-bag when he came to play for us. Also, Shady was never a problem on the field, or a disruption in the locker room.  He also never really did anything too ridiculous off the field. It's not like he knocked out his fiancé in an elevator, killed someone while driving under the influence, or had some problem with drugs.  He kicked some thots off his party bus, and left a cheap tip for a poor server, big deal.

18 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

This argument is so silly imo. People didn't care that T.O. was a much bigger d-bag when he came to play for us. Also, Shady was never a problem on the field, or a disruption in the locker room.  He also never really did anything too ridiculous off the field. It's not like he knocked out his fiancé in an elevator, killed someone while driving under the influence, or had some problem with drugs.  He kicked some thots off his party bus, and left a cheap tip for a poor server, big deal.

I have a one cent tip you're right.;)

4 hours ago, Baynit said:

No Good:nonono:

42 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

I wasn't making an argument, just passing my personal opinion of him with everything football related aside. I actually agree with your assessment. I couldn't stand T.O when he played for Dallas, but somehow his antics were passable when he was scoring TD's left and right for the eagles and helping them get to a SB. My argument against shady would be age, money, and ego in a young locker room, but I don't think any of those would be enough to make it an outright no on signing him.

Just now, wjthomas77 said:

I wasn't making an argument, just passing my personal opinion of him with everything football related aside. I actually agree with your assessment. I couldn't stand T.O when he played for Dallas, but somehow his antics were passable when he was scoring TD's left and right for the eagles and helping them get to a SB. My argument against shady would be age, money, and ego in a young locker room, but I don't think any of those would be enough to make it an outright no on signing him.

That's a fair. I don't think he ends up here, but it'd be nice to have him back.

Of course they'll trade Shady if the price is right.  Why would they stop at Darby and Watkins if they're rebuilding?  They want all the draft picks they can get.  They'll get the jump on the Jets' rebuilding process, catch the Patriots right when Brady finally walks, keep themselves at least on par with whatever Miami turns into in three years.  

Shady does nothing to help with that.

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

What has aaron rogers ever won?

Not sure if there's some joke I'm missing, but Rodgers has won a super bowl...

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not sure if there's some joke I'm missing, but Rodgers has won a super bowl...

It was a thread that blew up on here the year the Packers won a Superbowl.

Best believe Howie, and any GM worth their salt, is checking in on Shady.

Given the right package, bringing him back would be a virtual no-brainer. 

Un-do the damage that Chip did and quit the "who is the best out of our five running backs" nonsense. 

If the price is right, of course you bring him back. 

4 hours ago, runnin' randall said:

Best believe Howie, and any GM worth their salt, is checking in on Shady.

Given the right package, bringing him back would be a virtual no-brainer. 

Un-do the damage that Chip did and quit the "who is the best out of our five running backs" nonsense. 

If the price is right, of course you bring him back. 

The problem is there is no right price for the Eagles. I highly doubt the Bills take anything less than a 3rd and the Eagles won't give up their first. The Eagles have no players they want as they don't have any young players who are good enough to swap for. Sorry but some kind of McCoy for Kelce deal isn't going to get it done.