Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobbywizdum

Mccoy reportably on trade block;eagles should make the move

1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

The difference between mccoy vs what we have vs what is on another teams practice squad is huuuge. Think about it. This would easily be our best team since 04 (if not better) with mccoy.

Amazed that people wouldn't want a potential HOF RB back on the roster. The dude still looks like he did 3 years ago. He has at least 2 good years left and could extend it with RBC.

3 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Lets just get one of the backs in the draft. This class is going to be loaded. Better than this past year.

I'd like to do both :) Still can't believe Chip got rid of the most elusive back in the NFL since Barry Sanders.

This is so sad and pisses me off.Shady should have never left, along with DJax.

I'd love to have him back,but I feel it may be too late.

7 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Lets just get one of the backs in the draft. This class is going to be loaded. Better than this past year.

As mush as I love Shady (the player ... not the person), my preference would be for adding a young feature back in the draft that will be teamed with Wentz and grow together for years to come.  Without a 2nd or 3rd currently however, we'd either have to grab that RB in the 1st or Howie trade out of the 1st to add extra picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd.  We've seen the past 2 years a run on RBs before our pick in the 4th, so expecting to land one there is not likely to happen. 

If we get McCoy we instantly become playoff contenders, Kendricks or Curry and a 5th rounder for McCoy seems a fair price.

Not gonna happen with the money situation. Plus he is an ahole and wouldn't shut up about how we needed him.. No thanks.

2 hours ago, hpowner said:

This is so sad and pisses me off.Shady should have never left, along with DJax.

I'd love to have him back,but I feel it may be too late.

So there was at least a possibility, legit or otherwise, of us being able to get all of Shady DeSean and Maclin back this year...nice sentiment but we've seen this before

He can throw more sex parties in Philly and leave no tip after.  

Zero chance this happens.  The bills are clearly stock piling picks.  McCoy is to old to give up a 1st.  Eagles don't have a second or a third and I highly doubt the bills will take a 4th or any combination of lower picks.

There's no quick fix for this team. We need solid blocking, solid pass protection, a solid receiving corps.  Solidity, not illuminating moments and fancy prescriptions.  Colleges spawn thousands of running backs every year, and a solid one can't be found?  We have the QB.  The dream team scenario could hound us for another forty years.

6 minutes ago, Prado said:

There's no quick fix for this team. We need solid blocking, solid pass protection, a solid receiving corps.  Solidity, not illuminating moments and fancy prescriptions.  Colleges spawn thousands of running backs every year, and a solid one can't be found?  We have the QB.  The dream team scenario could hound us for another forty years.

Theoretically we should have all of those things that we "need".

I wouldn't overreact to a couple of preseason games

51 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

Zero chance this happens.  The bills are clearly stock piling picks.  McCoy is to old to give up a 1st.  Eagles don't have a second or a third and I highly doubt the bills will take a 4th or any combination of lower picks.

RBs don't go for that high. Especially 29 year olds.

2 minutes ago, gsp_birddog said:

I am just surprised the TATE trolls didnt immediately post they need a link or it isnt true. Are the trolls taking the day off?

Well it is Sunday haha. 

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

RBs don't go for that high. Especially 29 year olds.

Right what are we talking about here...maybe smallwood a 2018 4th and a 2019 3rd. Id do it in a heartbeat. People are complaining about the 9 mil. We already have 9 mil allocated at the position and all five of our backs combined arent worth a fifth of mccoy. Im all for adding a back through the draft but um weve added one in each of the last 2 years and still dont have one. Id much rather spend next years first on a lt to replace peters then taking a 50/50 flyer on a rb. With mccoy we know exactly what we are getting and that is even at age 29 one of the best rbs in the nfl ! I see him easily having at least 3 good years left. Maybe more if we monitor his touches. Tate amazes me. Just draft one as if thats guaranteed or viable for this season. Adding mccoy would take pressure off wentz and literally leave us with no holes and make our receivers even more dangerous. I could care less if he got in an altercation with some drunk cops, didnt tip a waitress, kicked a tramp off his bus, and blasted his baby mamma on twitter. Its about winning superbowls and quite frankly i agree with him that chip kelly couldnt relate to any players which of coarse includes the young black superstars. All these clowns that hate the guy have likely never even met shady. Its ridiculous.

9 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Cmon guys, I know you all have eyes.  Where the heck is Blount supposed to go?  There is a dude in his face before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.  Its the OL not getting a push or blocking correctly and TBH, this is the "ONLY" issue for this team that I see so far after getting Darby and seeing Mills playing well.  If the starting OL can get their crap together enough to give us at least an average running game (maybe slightly above average) we have a good enough squad to make the playoffs and push for the division title.  The play calling needs to be better to but that is always hindsight isnt it (if it doesn't work its a bad call).  

TO THE EAGLES COUCHES:  FIX THE OL BLOCKING (both pass and especially run) AND THIS TEAM LOOKS REAL GOOD.  THAT SHOULD BE NUMBER 1 ON YOUR TO DO LIST.

Has the oline been good? No. However you guys are lunchin if you dont think blount looks slow to the hole as well. 

Our dline was dominating and mccoy still had 4 rushes for 21 yards against us. Blount has 9 carries for 17 yards this preseason and a fumble. Pretending rb isnt part of the problem too is only looking at half of the glass.