bobbywizdum

Mccoy reportably on trade block;eagles should make the move

Shady's back? Back again?

Well he should be. With buffalo in full out rebuilding mode it appears they are listening to offers for mccoy. While he may be 29 he would be a perfect fit to the offense and imo make us legit superbowl contenders this year ! While i have no idea what it would take to bring back shady...hopefully howie is already on the horn.

3 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Shady's back? Back again?

Well he should be. With buffalo in full out rebuilding mode it appears they are listening to offers for mccoy. While he may be 29 he would be a perfect fit to the offense and imo make us legit superbowl contenders this year ! While i have no idea what it would take to bring back shady...hopefully howie is already on the horn.

Trade a broken down linebacker for him

1 minute ago, ncmalko1 said:

No money and all ready without a 2nd and 3rd 

The Eagles do have money, but do you want to pay a 30-year-old RB 9 million dollars in 2018 and 2019? I sure don't. Plus I don't think the problem with the running game is the RBs, the offensive line has been getting no push. You could put Shady behind this o-line and he might make someone miss but he will probably get hit 2-3 yards behind the LOS half the time like these guys are too.

3 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

The Eagles do have money, but do you want to pay a 30-year-old RB 9 million dollars in 2018 and 2019? I sure don't.

Yes. Last  year was one of his best. The problem is they have 4 RB and only Sproles is worth anything and he's a situational back. Money isn't the problem it's the compensation.

1 minute ago, diehardfan said:

Yes. Last  year was one of his best. The problem is they have 4 RB and only Sproles is worth anything and he's a situational back. Money isn't the problem it's the compensation.

I don't think it will take much for a back soon to be on his last legs

22 minutes ago, diehardfan said:

shrug. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think there are better ways to spend money. The only way I would be in favor of this is if it was for a late round 2019 pick AND Shady was willing to renegotiate his contract to a much more team friendly deal. But again I think the lack of running game so far has had more to do with the offensive line than the talent at RB.

2 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

shrug. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think there are better ways to spend money. The only way I would be in favor of this is if it was for a late round 2019 pick AND Shady was willing to renegotiate his contract to a much more team friendly deal. But again I think the lack of running game so far has had more to do with the offensive line than the talent at RB.

No no the running game apparently has nothing to do with the line. I tried to argue that point but, I guess we have no backs that can even hit an open hole

Understand, but why care about money having a back like Shady again? It's not our money and they have the space. If this year is all about Wentz it's worth it to give that kid another weapon. Again, last year was one of his best, so it's not like he's on the decline.

They can still get another back in the draft, but they have to get through this season first.

Chip trading him away pissed me off and still does.  It made no sense but trading to bring him back at this point would probably make much less sense.  Unless on some off the wall chance they could get him on the cheap then he'd rework his contract to be a little more team friendly.  

No, the Eagles should just look for another back off another team's practice squad or cuts.  We don't have the draft picks to get Shady and Howie won't want to use the cap on McCoy.  Sproles and Blount are really the only locks right now. Smallwood has ability, but his injury issues have to be a concern. The Eagles need a RB that can handle 10+ carries. Right now, Blount appears to be the only RB capable of doing that.  I think the Eagles should be open to keep Marshall as a 3rd string RB (if there's nothing out there that's better), but I don't think they are open to keeping him.  Pumphrey looks like an IR stash, PS or cut unless something changes in the next week or two.

51 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

The Eagles do have money, but do you want to pay a 30-year-old RB 9 million dollars in 2018 and 2019? I sure don't. Plus I don't think the problem with the running game is the RBs, the offensive line has been getting no push. You could put Shady behind this o-line and he might make someone miss but he will probably get hit 2-3 yards behind the LOS half the time like these guys are too.

Why not? We are paying curry that now..in fact id send him in the deal lol

22 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Why not? We are paying curry that now..in fact id send him in the deal lol

Vinny Curry's contract was obviously a mistake and he will probably be cut next year, especially if he continues to stink up the joint. I don't think he wants to be in Philly, TBH. Either that or he just isn't good. The Bills strength is on their defensive line and I doubt they want our trash, but with Howie you never know.

45 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

No, the Eagles should just look for another back off another team's practice squad or cuts.  We don't have the draft picks to get Shady and Howie won't want to use the cap on McCoy.  Sproles and Blount are really the only locks right now. Smallwood has ability, but his injury issues have to be a concern. The Eagles need a RB that can handle 10+ carries. Right now, Blount appears to be the only RB capable of doing that.  I think the Eagles should be open to keep Marshall as a 3rd string RB (if there's nothing out there that's better), but I don't think they are open to keeping him.  Pumphrey looks like an IR stash, PS or cut unless something changes in the next week or two.

The difference between mccoy vs what we have vs what is on another teams practice squad is huuuge. Think about it. This would easily be our best team since 04 (if not better) with mccoy.

8 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

Vinny Curry's contract was obviously a mistake and he will probably be cut next year, especially if he continues to stink up the joint. I don't think he wants to be in Philly, TBH. Either that or he just isn't good. The Bills strength is on their defensive line and I doubt they want our trash, but with Howie you never know.

Vinny Curry is apparently a hardcore Eagles fan. I just think he's not very good in a 4-3 even though it's his "natural position."

1 hour ago, AzBirdGang said:

Lets just get one of the backs in the draft. This class is going to be loaded. Better than this past year.

And that's probably what they want to do next in the draft- get their running back. Probably just work through the RB situation this year and get a good one in the draft.

1 hour ago, metalhead0043 said:

Yes... Shady should be home where he belongs and retire an Eagle.

1 hour ago, metalhead0043 said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Cmon guys, I know you all have eyes.  Where the heck is Blount supposed to go?  There is a dude in his face before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.  Its the OL not getting a push or blocking correctly and TBH, this is the "ONLY" issue for this team that I see so far after getting Darby and seeing Mills playing well.  If the starting OL can get their crap together enough to give us at least an average running game (maybe slightly above average) we have a good enough squad to make the playoffs and push for the division title.  The play calling needs to be better to but that is always hindsight isnt it (if it doesn't work its a bad call).  

TO THE EAGLES COUCHES:  FIX THE OL BLOCKING (both pass and especially run) AND THIS TEAM LOOKS REAL GOOD.  THAT SHOULD BE NUMBER 1 ON YOUR TO DO LIST.