Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] A Big Week As Preseason Closes Strong

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

All of these bubble players we are worried about most likely won't dress on game day anyway. Gibson? Why are you SO adamant that he will "clear waivers"? What has he done in the NFL? Teams are not dieing to pick up a 5th rounder with "potential". They are everywhere! If someone picks him up, good for him. You can't keep everybody and he certainly has not shown that he will be a WR1 in this league by any means. Sorry. Had to say it. Lots of people worrying about players that never make much of a contribution anyway.

Not worried about these bubble players but when you make predictions on a 53 have to think like the staff and they don't keep the best players all the time they keep players that have developmental traits ie Dillon Gordon last year(no way he was one of the best OL last season looking like it paying off now though)....Gibson is a 5th rounder not why a think teams will want him the speed he has is the main reason he can fly something you can't teach you can coach the rest will he ever make it no clue it is a gamble you gamble with every player though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

I say we give McGland to Buffalo and recoup the draft pick that we lost in the JMatt trade. Next, offer one of our predicted backup WR's to N.E. for a late draft pick. Then trade Means to someone for another late draft pick.

Why would NE trade for a WR they can claim off waivers?????? Treggs/Ward/Gibson who ever else that might get cut not like there is a huge gap between them and at best we will only keep 1 hell all 3 might get cut and we only go with 5 WRs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McGloin won't make the 53 and Buffalo knows it. NE will be just fine I suspect. They don't need someone else's backup WR. Means is an interesting one. Swoopes, nice call there. He is definitely potential trade bait for DE needy teams not wanting to risk missing out on him if he gets cut. Nice job Swoopes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because personally i think there is a gap. I think Treggs is better than the other 2 by a long shot. I'm not talking about the guys i think we're going to cut; I wasn't even considering those two guys to be an option. I do include Johnson in that potential trade. Much bigger upshot than Ward or Gibson if you ask me. I guess i could have just said that instead of being all cryptic, so my bad. I offer Treggs or Johnson to NE for one of their measley draft picks.

Ultimately my goal here is to have every single 4th round draft pick of 2018. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

McGloin won't make the 53 and Buffalo knows it. NE will be just fine I suspect. They don't need someone else's backup WR. Means is an interesting one. Swoopes, nice call there. He is definitely potential trade bait for DE needy teams not wanting to risk missing out on him if he gets cut. Nice job Swoopes!

NE will always be fine, but they tend to take those low risk high reward guys and win rings with them. Look at their pattern in the past few years. They've traded late round picks for apparently mediocre guys.

We positive we're not keeping 3 QB's? (I'm not for it by any means) but you gotta admit there's a little uneasiness with the Foles issue right now.

And thanks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 man roster prediction

QB(2)-Wentz, Foles- Nothing exciting here Eagles go into the season with only 2 QBs likely look to stash a QB on PS maybe Evans maybe another QB cut from another team 

RB(4)- Blount,Sproles,Smalls,Pump- No surprises here either top 3 seem locked in final spot I lean toward Pump unless he ends up on IR Clement think we try and get to PS 

TE(3)-Ertz,Burton,Celek- 

WRs(6)-Alshon,Torrey,AG,Hollins,Johnson, Gibson- First 5 think are easy all locks in my eyes if we keep a 6th will be a developmental player personally like Ward the most(shown the most growth in a short period of time) but probably go with the draft pick

OL(9)-JP,Seumalo,Kelce,Brooks,Lane,Big V, Wis,Warmack, Gordon-Pretty easy call I think Hart could possibly sneak in as a 10th OL but for now i'll stick with 9

Total O players- 24

DE(5)Graham,Curry,Barnett,Long,McCallister- top 4 all locks last battle between Means and McCallister go with the younger option with more upside 

DT(4)-Cox,Jerrigan,Beau,Vaeao-top 2 are locks and Beau Allen is our best backup if he is healthy and ready to go week 1 no need to go heavy here Qualls doesn't do enough to make the team look to send him to PS 

LB(6)- Hicks,Bradham,Kendricks,Gerry,Goode,Kamu- LB spot could still be shaken up Kendricks still could be dealt though my hopes is Schwartz finds a creative way to use him and get him on the field, Goode could end up being cut and brought back to save little bit of money

CB(5)- Darby,Mills,Robinson,Douglas,McDougle- clearly not thrilled with our depth looked to add another option to the competition with a trade with Brooks injury prone and Grymes not likely showing enough think the Eagles opt to keep the new guy as possible backup for the slot other 4 seem to be locks 

S(6)- Jenkins,McLeod,Graham,Maragos,Watkins- Again top 3 seem like locks and Maragos makes the team as a ST ace give Watkins the edge over a guy like CJ Smith for his versatility being able to play S and CB while also providing solid ST play

D- total 26

K-Sturgis

P-Jones

LOS- Dorebos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

We positive we're not keeping 3 QB's? (I'm not for it by any means) but you gotta admit there's a little uneasiness with the Foles issue right now.

This could be the case but for now will trust Dougie who said Foles will be fine and ready for week 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

53 man roster prediction

QB(2)-Wentz, Foles- Nothing exciting here Eagles go into the season with only 2 QBs likely look to stash a QB on PS maybe Evans maybe another QB cut from another team 

RB(4)- Blount,Sproles,Smalls,Pump- No surprises here either top 3 seem locked in final spot I lean toward Pump unless he ends up on IR Clement think we try and get to PS 

TE(3)-Ertz,Burton,Celek- 

WRs(6)-Alshon,Torrey,AG,Hollins,Johnson, Gibson- First 5 think are easy all locks in my eyes if we keep a 6th will be a developmental player personally like Ward the most(shown the most growth in a short period of time) but probably go with the draft pick

OL(9)-JP,Seumalo,Kelce,Brooks,Lane,Big V, Wis,Warmack, Gordon-Pretty easy call I think Hart could possibly sneak in as a 10th OL but for now i'll stick with 9

Total O players- 24

DE(5)Graham,Curry,Barnett,Long,McCallister- top 4 all locks last battle between Means and McCallister go with the younger option with more upside 

DT(4)-Cox,Jerrigan,Beau,Vaeao-top 2 are locks and Beau Allen is our best backup if he is healthy and ready to go week 1 no need to go heavy here Qualls doesn't do enough to make the team look to send him to PS 

LB(6)- Hicks,Bradham,Kendricks,Gerry,Goode,Kamu- LB spot could still be shaken up Kendricks still could be dealt though my hopes is Schwartz finds a creative way to use him and get him on the field, Goode could end up being cut and brought back to save little bit of money

CB(5)- Darby,Mills,Robinson,Douglas,McDougle- clearly not thrilled with our depth looked to add another option to the competition with a trade with Brooks injury prone and Grymes not likely showing enough think the Eagles opt to keep the new guy as possible backup for the slot other 4 seem to be locks 

S(6)- Jenkins,McLeod,Graham,Maragos,Watkins- Again top 3 seem like locks and Maragos makes the team as a ST ace give Watkins the edge over a guy like CJ Smith for his versatility being able to play S and CB while also providing solid ST play

D- total 26

K-Sturgis

P-Jones

LOS- Dorebos

Looks good! Couple variations from where i am but they're all arguable at this point. The locks are locked!

BTW, i am onboard with keeping Kendricks and utilizing him more. I don't want to see him traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

Looks good! Couple variations from where i am but they're all arguable at this point. The locks are locked!

The bottom tier of the roster is really the only thing left to argue think most of us agree on the locks lol.....Left ton of names off would like to see make the team just didn't fit oh well everyone can't make the team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The bottom tier of the roster is really the only thing left to argue think most of us agree on the locks lol.....Left ton of names off would like to see make the team just didn't fit oh well everyone can't make the team 

yeah it's frustrating when we latch on to guys we are pulling for even when we know deep down that inevitability always wins. lol

i'd say Billy Brown and Tre Sullivan are my dark horses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  3 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

Looks good! Couple variations from where i am but they're all arguable at this point. The locks are locked!

The bottom tier of the roster is really the only thing left to argue think most of us agree on the locks lol.....Left ton of names off would like to see make the team just didn't fit oh well everyone can't make the team 

While I liked the Pumphrey pick I think Clement has earned the spot. One or the other is going to IR as I doubt either one would clear waivers to go to the PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing about the Pumphrey / Clement conversations is that i think it's much easier to run Clement in a vanilla scheme than it is Pumphrey.

To be clear, i'm not saying it's easy. But it's much easier to try and create holes / block for a guy of Clement's talents than it is for what we drafted Pumphrey to do. We've run a couple vanilla 'scatback plays' like passing to him 2 yards away, and those were the early games where he got slammed due to no blocking. But overall i still don't think we've seen any designed plays that complement the whole purpose of Pumphrey. We have seen many plays that come pretty close to what running someone like Clement would be - but realistically, when is that going to be? After Blount, after Smalls? Clement would see 2-3 plays a game. Willing to give up Pumphrey for that?

Short version (pun totally intended): We haven't seen Pumphrey do what we hired him to do because we have intentionally not run any of those plays in preseason.

fun fact: I know Pumphrey isn't Sproles, but even if he's half of Sproles that nets us the first midget in the NFL at 3 ft tall and 75 lbs. That's gotta amount to a whole lot of not much right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'm still pulling for Treggs, just coming into his own

Treggs is on my roster as 6th WR. I agree and think he deserves a year 2 chance.

I've got Orlosky getting the wink injury and letting  Clement go on PS. But, I also have Billy Brown on as a 4th TE that could be swayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I have no clue who makes it and am too tired to guess. Figure it probably won't matter in the big scheme of things. 4th or 5th RB's may never be our #1 or 2. 4th string WR's rarely make it to top 2, maybe they might make it as the slot, but who knows... What matters is how much of a advancement Wentz and Doug make this year. I am not expecting miracles, but need to see real improvement. I am picking the Eagles to win 9 games this year. IF they are to win more, Wentz is gonna be the reason. OF course he could also be the reason they win eight....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's OK Terence, we're all a bit clueless until Sept 2nd.

Welcome to the boards - hope you're not in that storm, nasty one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

53 man roster prediction

QB(2)-Wentz, Foles- Nothing exciting here Eagles go into the season with only 2 QBs likely look to stash a QB on PS maybe Evans maybe another QB cut from another team 

RB(4)- Blount,Sproles,Smalls,Pump- No surprises here either top 3 seem locked in final spot I lean toward Pump unless he ends up on IR Clement think we try and get to PS 

TE(3)-Ertz,Burton,Celek- 

WRs(6)-Alshon,Torrey,AG,Hollins,Johnson, Gibson- First 5 think are easy all locks in my eyes if we keep a 6th will be a developmental player personally like Ward the most(shown the most growth in a short period of time) but probably go with the draft pick

OL(9)-JP,Seumalo,Kelce,Brooks,Lane,Big V, Wis,Warmack, Gordon-Pretty easy call I think Hart could possibly sneak in as a 10th OL but for now i'll stick with 9

Total O players- 24

DE(5)Graham,Curry,Barnett,Long,McCallister- top 4 all locks last battle between Means and McCallister go with the younger option with more upside 

DT(4)-Cox,Jerrigan,Beau,Vaeao-top 2 are locks and Beau Allen is our best backup if he is healthy and ready to go week 1 no need to go heavy here Qualls doesn't do enough to make the team look to send him to PS 

LB(6)- Hicks,Bradham,Kendricks,Gerry,Goode,Kamu- LB spot could still be shaken up Kendricks still could be dealt though my hopes is Schwartz finds a creative way to use him and get him on the field, Goode could end up being cut and brought back to save little bit of money

CB(5)- Darby,Mills,Robinson,Douglas,McDougle- clearly not thrilled with our depth looked to add another option to the competition with a trade with Brooks injury prone and Grymes not likely showing enough think the Eagles opt to keep the new guy as possible backup for the slot other 4 seem to be locks 

S(6)- Jenkins,McLeod,Graham,Maragos,Watkins- Again top 3 seem like locks and Maragos makes the team as a ST ace give Watkins the edge over a guy like CJ Smith for his versatility being able to play S and CB while also providing solid ST play

D- total 26

K-Sturgis

P-Jones

LOS- Dorebos

I want the best 53 and Treggs is way better then Gibson. According to Mike Mayock Gibson couldnt catch a cold i will take Treggs who has really impressed me this off season and I could easily see him taking the slot away from Agholor if he struggles continue this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treggs is a J.D. Pick-up from Bmore...NOT as much pressure this year to make the Big Play, with the Additions of our other Big Play guys... thought Treggs showed significant improvement Speed kills. Gibbons is just not ready, could pass waivers... PS.

I thought Clement could have been that Power Back... before Blount arrived, and Cle can catch the ball. Could we go 5 RB. Pumphery proved his versatility in college Broke all HOF Marshall Faulk records...HC has spoken, Pumphery is in.

Haven't seen the Domination I hoped for from Chance or the OLine, perhaps when the real games start the OLIne will evolve...didn't like Lane J performance at LT... that may become a position of need when JP leaves,could that monsterous Salako kid beat out T Hart...that kid is a Bull. I want more... Wentz ... Peterson gotta make all this work? Very Promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this