Sign in to follow this  
McNabbIsGone

Here's What The Eagles SHOULD Have Done:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., 6:50 p.m. Saturday 8-26-17

As the national anthem starts, the New York Giants stand in a straight line, shoulder to shoulder, all of them holding their helmets in their right hands. This is no accident. "We try to do it to look like a band of brothers,” says Jonathan Casillas, the veteran linebacker.

During training camp, for the second year in a row, Giants coach Ben McAdoo had Mike Sullivan, the offensive coordinator, give a presentation to the team about the national anthem. Sullivan is a former Army Ranger who played on and later coached the football team at West Point. "He put on a great presentation and just told us about how much it meant to him, how much it means to people in this country,” says Casillas. Then McAdoo told the team exactly how he wanted them to stand during the anthem, and they agreed to do it, as a team.

Sean McVay, in his first year as a head coach with the Rams, had a similar conversation with his players. "He was very upfront with us,” says Rodger Saffold, the Rams’ starting left guard. "He told us to stand on line with the national anthem, and if we have any disputes that we need to come to him and just let him know beforehand. I think that was extremely respectful of him. I think we just want to respect our team, respect our coach.”

In New York, Casillas had similar praise for McAdoo. "I think Ben does a great job showing empathy for things,” Casillas says. "There are a lot of things that are going on, a lot of racial tension, political tension, a lot of economic tension. There’s a lot of things going on in this country and in this world. But one thing we believe in and that we stand for, are the people that fought for us, and that’s what the flag represents to us.”

Casillas says he’s friends with Malcolm Jenkins; he has great respect for Jenkins’ protest. But in discussing the issue, he keeps returning to the concept of sticking together as a team. “[The coaches] basically said, that’s what we are going to do as a team,” Casillas says. "They didn’t say anything [like], you can’t do anything or you are going to do this or get reprimanded. … If there was something that would be happening, I would think we would discuss it, and it wouldn’t just be one person, because I don’t think we have that type of team.”

That's interesting about the Giants. 

I read an article last week about Jerry Jones and he stated he doesn't want his players making a statement during the national Anthem either. He believes it's disrespectful to our country and all the men and women that have served and continue to serve our country. 

I'm really proud of Dez for not giving in on the other players that are calling him out in the media for not supporting them. 

Thsi is continuing to grow and it's concerning how politics are playing a bigger role in the NFL. 

Not Good IMHO. 

37 minutes ago, gch said:

This is continuing to grow and it's concerning how politics are playing a bigger role in the NFL. 

Not Good IMHO. 

Agree. It's getting outta control.

You can't have the employees running the show which is, in reality, a business or corporation.

It's management's job to manage their employees.

The Giants have made it clear that this sort of thing is not acceptable while on their 'dime'.

The other thing is: the TV networks should   STOP  TALKING  ABOUT AND  STOP  SHOWING  THE  PROTESTING  PLAYERS  ON  TV!!!

They are unwittingly endangering their own livelihood by doing this!!

Take away the means of distribution and you remove the motive for doing this.

I can't explain it in any simpler terms. 

23 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Agree. It's getting outta control.

You can't have the employees running the show which is, in reality, a business or corporation.

It's management's job to manage their employees.

The Giants have made it clear that this sort of thing is not acceptable while on their 'dime'.

The other thing is: the TV networks should   STOP  TALKING  ABOUT AND  STOP  SHOWING  THE  PROTESTING  PLAYERS  ON  TV!!!

They are unwittingly endangering their own livelihood by doing this!!

Take away the means of distribution and you remove the motive for doing this.

I can't explain it in any simpler terms. 

Yep your exactly right. The media is driving this cause every single day. If you don't go along with  them they will label you as a hater and a racist. I have a few family members just like this and they think I am promoting racism and hatered because I don't stand behind them. 

Had a bunch of people over for the fight Saturday. When Demi Lovato was singing the anthem, most people were either stuffing their faces or talking over her about how horrible she is.

Nobody stood.

4 hours ago, Hey Suess said:

Had a bunch of people over for the fight Saturday. When Demi Lovato was singing the anthem, most people were either stuffing their faces or talking over her about how horrible she is.

Nobody stood.

LOL wut?  You stand during the national anthem when it's playing on TV?  Not sure if serious.

I'm a vet and consider myself very patriotic. I think Kap has a right to protest, and I'd take him in Dallas if it wasn't for all the distraction it would cause. But there is a difference between freedom of speech and freedom of expression at work. Freedom of speech means Kap can't be jailed for his beliefs...and he hasn't been. But for the most part if you are the face of your employer publicly and you protest and act counter to you employers best interest....there will be consequences....and it's perfectly legal. 

32 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

LOL wut?  You stand during the national anthem when it's playing on TV?  Not sure if serious.

Does your patriotism extend only to live events??

17 minutes ago, Hey Suess said:

Does your patriotism extend only to live events??

Pretty much.  I have never seen or heard of anyone standing for the national anthem when watching televised events.  More power to you though, if you do man. :roll:

Just now, ToDie4Eagles said:

Pretty much.  I have never seen or heard of anyone standing for the national anthem when watching televised events.  More power to you though, if you do man. :roll:

So you sit during the anthem???

Just now, Hey Suess said:

So you sit during the anthem???

When I'm watching it on TV, yes absolutely.  I have never stood for the anthem when watching a televised event.

3 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

When I'm watching it on TV, yes absolutely.  I have never stood for the anthem when watching a televised event.

So what is it that makes you stand up at a live event? Peer pressure from all of the other strangers around you standing?

4 minutes ago, Hey Suess said:

So what is it that makes you stand up at a live event? Peer pressure from all of the other strangers around you standing?

Social norms?  Like I said, if you stand while watching televised events, more power to you :roll:.  Pretty sure you're in the minority on that one though.

2 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Social norms?  Like I said, if you stand while watching televised events, more power to you :roll:.  Pretty sure you're in the minority on that one though.

Well first, I never said that I stand.

And second, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people complaining about athletes who take a seat, while the majority of everyone in the country does the same exact thing...well, unless people are watching, right?

Just now, Hey Suess said:

Well first, I never said that I stand.

And second, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people complaining about athletes who take a seat, while the majority or everyone in the country does the same exact thing...well, unless people are watching, right?

I would definitely agree with you on that.

You stand for an actual flag during the anthem, not through your TV you pathetic SJW numskulls.

Do any idiots stand up at home during Law and Order when they say all rise for the judge?

On 9/4/2017 at 7:27 PM, skippyx said:

Do any idiots stand up at home during Law and Order when they say all rise for the judge?

Of course not, they're idiots, so they stay seated, duh.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:27 PM, skippyx said:

Bahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!! OMG...hysterical!!