Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] McDougle In Mix At Crucial Nickel CB Spot

1182 players need to be release by Sat, going to be a frenzy!

I bet teams have already contacted who they feel are "bubble" players.Although they can't know for certain,imagine they have a pretty fair idea who those are

McDougal will last here about as long as a Trump top aide. The over/under on when he's cut should be Saturday noon. I'd take the under on that one.

A bit longer than Hillarys ethics though.Depends how he plays Thursday I would imagine

not sure Grymes got a fair shot. I do not remember him out there in PS to be honest. Yet we are talking about a Jets reject possibly making the squad? smh...

Need to be fly on the wall in the Eagles war room.  Howie's negotiating skills at front and center.  "I'll take him for a 7th but no higher", the other GM says "we have a standing offer of a 6th already, better it and he's yours".  On and on.  Do you or don't you.  Gonna be interesting, to say the least.

Sign Haden NOW!! He will not cost anything as Cleveland is going to foot 10.8 mil of whatever deal you give him... He is better than what ever we have for our top 3 and will most likely put us in play off conversations now.... This is a no brainer HR....!!!!

Eagles FO must be feeling some heat from the fans over the Dorenbos trade. When was the last time you saw multiple articles about a long snapper?

The top Orthopedic Surgeons West of the Mississippi have indicated that Jones will be a full go on September 11th. They operated immediately, everything went well, and Jones healed without set back or complication of any kind. This kid is the real deal. He should be on the 53. He can back-up for a few weeks, then turn him loose. Sign Haden, keep Jones on the 53, with Darby, your Defensive Backfield becomes elite. Elite!

The top Orthopedic Surgeons West of the Mississippi have indicated that Jones will be a full go on September 11th. They operated immediately, everything went well, and Jones healed without set back or complication of any kind. This kid is the real deal. He should be on the 53. He can back-up for a few weeks, then turn him loose. Sign Haden, keep Jones on the 53, with Darby, your Defensive Backfield becomes elite. Elite!

NO need to rush Jones back.He can stay on IR so he'd be part of the "54" lol

It all sounds so tempting but what about guys we want to bring back next year? We won't have the money if we don't roll over whatever we have right now to bring back who we have. Haden as a band-aid or long term? Either way I don't think he's going to settle for a discount contract given who else wants him and how much money they have compared to us.

I would looove to have the elite backfield but i'm respectfully gonna disagree with some with regards to signing Haden. I'm ready to roll with who we have.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/29/report-browns-trying-to-trade-cameron-erving/   I'd be looking at this guy too!!

5 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

It all sounds so tempting but what about guys we want to bring back next year? We won't have the money if we don't roll over whatever we have right now to bring back who we have. Haden as a band-aid or long term? Either way I don't think he's going to settle for a discount contract given who else wants him and how much money they have compared to us.

I would looove to have the elite backfield but i'm respectfully gonna disagree with some with regards to signing Haden. I'm ready to roll with who we have.

Browns have to pay him lol

Something to consider,
Joe Haden’s fall from greatness continues, as ESPN’s John Clayton named the Florida product as one of his most disappointing players in 2016.

Joe Haden‘s place as one of the league’s best cornerbacks took another hit when ESPN’s John Clayton ranked the former first-round pick as the seventh most disappointing in the NFL this season.

"Haden went to the Pro Bowl in 2013 and 2014 and was considered one of the best cornerbacks in the league. He and Joe Thomas were two of the players the Browns’ new analytics-minded front office didn’t move. But injuries have pulled Haden’s game down and prevented him from living up to his five-year, $67.5 million contract. He has missed 14 games in the past two seasons. Pro Football Focus ranks him as the No. 90 cornerback in the league this season,” Clayton wrote .

We;ll have Jones next year.Browns have to pay most of what he would sign for anywhere else I'd snag him and find someone to trade for Erving also

Haden is not the Haden of old, he allowed six TD's last year, led the league. QB's have a 92% completion rate against him or something like that. He's not worth the cost.

The last team that I am aware of that had major interest in Haden was the Saints. Keep your eye on them as competitors even if the Eagles are interested.

I guess i'm ignorant as to why the Browns are going to pay him when he signs somewhere else. It's no different than us paying Chase Daniel still. Yet his new team signed a new contract with guarantees. The Browns released him. They do have some guaranteed money to him but isn't whoever signs him on the hook for writing up a contract on what they're going to pay him and be on the hook for that? He refused an 11 mil offer, he thinks he's worth that much.

Top all that off and his rating last year was 1 off from Darby's. Look at his past few seasons; he's not the elite guy he once was. Not saying he's BAD, just not worth that much money given our situation.

Hey, if Howie can find a 1 yr prove it deal that doesn't exhaust a ton of rollover cap money to next year then cool. I am not Howie so maybe he finds the way, if anyone can do it then it's him.

Just now, YoTerence said:

Haden is not the Haden of old, he allowed six TD's last year, led the league. QB's have a 92% completion rate against him or something like that. He's not worth the cost.

Since he is free and clear, Haden could sign one of those 1 year "show and prove" deals to reestablish himself as a good CB. 

Eagles FO must be feeling some heat from the fans over the Dorenbos trade. When was the last time you saw multiple articles about a long snapper?

I don't believe they are feeling any heat at all.Getting ANY draft pick for a 37 year old LS is a pretty good deal,Will we miss him? Sure,but we got something for him

2 minutes ago, GreenLup said:

Since he is free and clear, Haden could sign one of those 1 year "show and prove" deals to reestablish himself as a good CB. 

If this can happen very cheaply then I'd be in. I am just very concerned with how we bring back some big names next year.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I don't believe they are feeling any heat at all.Getting ANY draft pick for a 37 year old LS is a pretty good deal,Will we miss him? Sure,but we got something for him

Howie got more for Dorenbos than Chip did for DJax.  lol

Cameron Erving being shopped is a REAL surprise

GB, Erving played the Center position last year and failed miserably. He said that there was too much responsibiliy for him to handle in that position. The Browns moved him to RT this year and from what I understand he was doing okay there before he sustained a calf injury. Apparently he is week to week on a return.