Shocker54

Maybe Howie should have grabbed Kareem Hunt

I'm pissed they didn't grab Tom Brady in Rd 4. Same with Antonio Brown. How they let Kurt Warner go undrafted is beyond me. 

The key to this great 1st game is RB is a plug and play position.  It's the one skill in the league that doesn't need any development, unless you're discussing learning how to pick up NFL blitzes and pass protection.  Either a back can run...like Hunt, right away...or he can't...like Pump, right away.  Being able to run the rock is something you don't develop in the NFL.  You either have it or you don't.  The judgement on that is immediate.

F Howie!   You know who should have drafted Hunt?  ME.  In the 2nd round of my fantasy football draft.  But no, I thought he'd be there in the 3rd.  Stupid, stupid.

:P

I like to wait until the end of the year before playing the 20/20 game. We could do this about a different player every week.

4 hours ago, IceColdBrewski said:

But giving up 99 would have meant not getting Douglas? Ok maybe long term that will look like we should have made that call but we had to go corner in the third based on need... 

Hunt looked good last night but it's one game and the Pats really weren't at it on defense. So it's still early days for the kid. But yeah he was one of the guys I liked going in to the draft.

4 hours ago, judunno said:

The decision to draft Sidney Jones made RB in the 3rd a non starter. We will get our back next year. They needed to draft a CB that could actually play.

Then we found out he couldnt yet lol no but seriously douglas may still turn into a player for us to.

12 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Then we found out he couldnt yet lol no but seriously douglas may still turn into a player for us to.

He's going to play this year and he's going to get a lot of valuable snaps. But thanks to the Darby trade we can gradually introduce him.

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's going to play this year and he's going to get a lot of valuable snaps. But thanks to the Darby trade we can gradually introduce him.

I agree...im not sure of his long term role though now...dime? Safety?

2 hours ago, IggleWalt said:

I like to wait until the end of the year before playing the 20/20 game. We could do this about a different player every week.

Somebody probably will

12 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

I agree...im not sure of his long term role though now...dime? Safety?

What Douglas? I think he's going to be an outside corner and if he can fulfill his potential then he's going to be a really good CB 3 I think. Obviously the hope is that Darby and Jones are the long term starters and then Douglas and Mills fight it out for snaps.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What Douglas? I think he's going to be an outside corner and if he can fulfill his potential then he's going to be a really good CB 3 I think. Obviously the hope is that Darby and Jones are the long term starters and then Douglas and Mills fight it out for snaps.

I see mills dropping to nickel when jones returns next year. That would leave douglas as the #4 and i dont really see him beating out darby or jones ever. I get exited just thinking about how fast this secondary is going to be with 2 4.4 shutdown corners on the outside

23 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

I see mills dropping to nickel when jones returns next year. That would leave douglas as the #4 and i dont really see him beating out darby or jones ever. I get exited just thinking about how fast this secondary is going to be with 2 4.4 shutdown corners on the outside

I don't think Mills can play nickel effectively. He's not fluid enough. If he drops out of the starter role, he's the primary backup on the outside.

1 minute ago, gaitherfan said:

I don't think Mills can play nickel effectively. He's not fluid enough. If he drops out of the starter role, he's the primary backup on the outside.

He played nickel alot last year. Schwartz wants to have his babies. I just cant see him not having an on field role.

27 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

I think Mills will end up being a guy that gives us flexibility to move him around. He's never going to be a shut down corner but we can maybe shift him around... Put him on the outside when he's not against a burner or in the slot sometimes. Just gives us options.

As for Douglas... I think he'll go on to be a good outside corner who will compete for time. But no I don't see him beating out Darby or Jones.

5 hours ago, weko said:

The key to this great 1st game is RB is a plug and play position.  It's the one skill in the league that doesn't need any development, unless you're discussing learning how to pick up NFL blitzes and pass protection.  Either a back can run...like Hunt, right away...or he can't...like Pump, right away.  Being able to run the rock is something you don't develop in the NFL.  You either have it or you don't.  The judgement on that is immediate.

That's not always true for rookies. Depends on what they are being asked to do. What Hunt did has never been done in the NFL. Pump wasn't brought in just to be the prototypical RB. He's too little for that. He's playing the DeAnthony Thomas role if you're looking for a comparison at KC

Getting some nice blocking helps and NEs defense looks like utter trash without Hightower in there. Alex Smith freaking torched them lol.

6 hours ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

Deep RB class but I thought we waited too long

The first two picks should turn out to be solid (if not spectacular, if lady luck favors us) picks.  Our next pick didn't come until the end of the 3rd round thanks to the trade for Jernigan - Hunt was already off the board by then.  Bummer because there were many here that were hoping to land him.  What's done is done - can't change that.  But we can hope Jernigan is a stud for us (and we are able to re-sign him) to make that trade down worth missing out on Hunt (and a few others that would have been nice to get that were taken between our original pick and where we took Douglas).  

6 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

I am just saying this team hasn't had an impact playmaker as a rookie since like D Jax and McCoy

we always miss

Carson Wentz? :unsure: 

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Kareem who?

Don't know and don't care. 2018 provides the elite solution.

A) 30 other teams could have made similar trades had they wanted to. Do all 30 of those GMs suck, too?

B) WE NEED A HINDSIGHT EMOJI, DAMMIT!!!