Shocker54

Maybe Howie should have grabbed Kareem Hunt

I liked what I seen from this kid tonight he runs with a purpose and put that fumble behind him quick. He seems to not only have speed but power too sure wish we had him. 

We could essentially do this about a pick in every round. It doesn't matter, he isn't on our team, we can't go back in time to change it so who cares

1 minute ago, eriv20 said:

We could essentially do this about a pick in every round. It doesn't matter, he isn't on our team, we can't go back in time to change it so who cares

I am just saying this team hasn't had an impact playmaker as a rookie since like D Jax and McCoy

we always miss

Just now, Shocker54 said:

I am just saying this team hasn't had an impact playmaker as a rookie since like D Jax and McCoy

we always miss

Don't be so negative! We may have hit with Mack! You never know... that's why they play the games...

not taking anything away from Hunt, bec he looked great tonight but that pats front 7 is terrible. It'll be interesting to see how hunt does the rest of the year 

Just now, Andre Hopkins said:

I think the Eagles should have drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round back in 2000.

fair comparison a draft done 17 years ago and one that was done 4 months ago

2 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

I don't know. Both are pretty revisionist. Hunt looked explosive and I'd love to have him. But, easy to say now. 

The decision to draft Sidney Jones made RB in the 3rd a non starter. We will get our back next year. They needed to draft a CB that could actually play.

8 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

we always miss

Lesean Mccoy 600 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving with 4 combined tds is an impact rookie, but Jordan Matthews 879 receiving yards and 8 tds isnt?

Nice logic.

6 minutes ago, gervase21 said:

I don't know. Both are pretty revisionist. Hunt looked explosive and I'd love to have him. But, easy to say now. 

EXCATLY. This moron doesn't understand the concept of 20/20 hindsight. Funny how this post didn't show up before tonight. 

18 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

we always miss

Wait til you get a load of Mr. Barnett. 

32 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Analysis 

WAAAAAAAAA!!111!1!  We didn't draft Hunt!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!

WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!1!1!!!1!!!!!  We drafted other guys instead!!!!!1!1!!!!11

WAAAAAAAAA!!!1!11!!!11!!!!  Howie sucks!!1!1!!!

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!11!1!!!1!!11!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!

6083980945_8e8f98a8ff_b.jpg

I bet you were one of the (many) fans who cried about the Eagles picking Jeremiah Trotter (72nd overall) over Ahman Green (76th overall) in the third round of the '98 draft after Green shredded the Eagles defense in the '98 season opener while Trotter wasn't even dressed for the game.

There was quite the furor that day. "OMG, Green is awesome and we picked a turd who isn't even good enough to dress!!!"

4 minutes ago, LiveFromThe215 said:

I was good seeing our old friend BA.. Ba... Benny (And the jets) Logan.

Benny was getting some damn good push all game.

39 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

I mean, you both are using hindsight so what exactly is the difference? Would you start this thread if Hunt had >50 yards and a fumble?

4 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Benny was getting some damn good push all game.

Benny is a good player.  I hope Timmy is as good.  :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Andre Hopkins said:

I think the Eagles should have drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round back in 2000.

Talk about a reach. I would of taken Brady in the 6th round before the Patriots comp pick

Oh joy, the "we should've drafted x player" crowd is back after the very first game of the season. 

Lol. I made this point during the draft process there was four guys that fit the eagles offense the best after the big 3 of fournette (really didn't fit), mccaffrey and cook that they'd look at cause they wouldn't go running back in the first (cook nearly fell to them).

I went into detail about mixon, hunt, Marlon Mack and kamara. Heck Don and I discuss this at length. I even gave a sleeper in mcnichols. The guy I went over and over saying fits our offense really well was hunt. If you watched his highlights and games of Toledo he's basically a less shifty McCoy that is a little more powerful. He's able to be a good pass catcher out of the backfield much like Duce and Westbrook were with Reid. If he didn't go to Toledo he's probably picked in the second round. 

The thing is the chiefs took him at 86 where a lot of scouts projected him as a late 3rd and early 4th. The Jernigan trade basically hurt the eagles in the sense it moved them back to where they lost kamara and hunt. Basically left with just Marlon Mack as a guy who could handle the heavy load and fit our offense. 

Sadly I wanted jordan Howard last year prior to the draft. This year I really wanted hunt. Consecutive years both have come out like gangbusters. Furthermore hunt and Howard reiterates what I've been saying you don't have to take a first round running back to find a good one and that it's not the eagles MO cause they follow how Reid did it. 

Either way it doesn't matter any more. The eagles need to find a rb next draft and it's also a good rb class. At this point that's all they can do and hope Smallwood busts out. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol. I made this point during the draft process there was four guys that fit the eagles offense the best after the big 3 of fournette (really didn't fit), mccaffrey and cook that they'd look at cause they wouldn't go running back in the first (cook nearly fell to them).

I went into detail about mixon, hunt, Marlon Mack and kamara. Heck Don and I discuss this at length. I even gave a sleeper in mcnichols. The guy I went over and over saying fits our offense really well was hunt. If you watched his highlights and games of Toledo he's basically a less shifty McCoy that is a little more powerful. He's able to be a good pass catcher out of the backfield much like Duce and Westbrook were with Reid. If he didn't go to Toledo he's probably picked in the second round. 

The thing is the chiefs took him at 86 where a lot of scouts projected him as a late 3rd and early 4th. The Jernigan trade basically hurt the eagles in the sense it moved them back to where they lost kamara and hunt. Basically left with just Marlon Mack as a guy who could handle the heavy load and fit our offense. 

Sadly I wanted jordan Howard last year prior to the draft. This year I really wanted hunt. Consecutive years both have come out like gangbusters. Furthermore hunt and Howard reiterates what I've been saying you don't have to take a first round running back to find a good one and that it's not the eagles MO cause they follow how Reid did it. 

Either way it doesn't matter any more. The eagles need to find a rb next draft and it's also a good rb class. At this point that's all they can do and hope Smallwood busts out. 

Maybe a different verb here, pahtnah'.