AlpineEagle

Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys

Idk how anyone could sell me or anyone on Eli being a HOF'r

2 lucky, rabbit foot in his back pocket runs where the team around him carried him and he has a few Hail Mary's answered...

I don't know if people know this… But Eli has only won a playoff game in two seasons…

not to mention he's never been in the top five of any real categories that matter other than interceptions which he has been pretty good at.

The only thing I can really give him credit for... is being durable and that's probably because he refuses to step into his throws and turns sideways 85% of the time.

Just now, gch said:

Dallas offense has not played well today. But also Giants Deffence is good. Zeke having a hard time running the ball. 

Dallas deffense has played really well tonight. Give me break about how bad Dallas D is they were better then Philly's last year. 

i mean they didnt play against OBJ makes a huge difference for the giants. they still arent great but there are at least capable of scoring more than 3 points

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the defense is legit, the offense looks completely lost without OBJ.

He wouldn't have saved them tonight. The OL is the problem because they cant run the ball, and its too easy to predict the offense

Just now, Gmen4ever said:

He wouldn't have saved them tonight. The OL is the problem because they cant run the ball, and its too easy to predict the offense

dont disagree however i do think they score more than 3 points with him. he has the potential at any time to go for a td. and he opens somethings up when out there. they are still a below average offense but at least they arent the worst

1 minute ago, No1BirdsFan said:

Idk how anyone could sell me or anyone on Eli being a HOF'r

Looking at the QB's from his era, he's not. That's not to say that they won't put him in, though. The only criteria that he'd get in on would be the Super Bowls. Nice criteria, to be sure. But if they were to only take the regular season into consideration, he doesn't sniff it.

The Giants would have won this game if they'd started Geno...

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Looking at the QB's from his era, he's not. That's not to say that they won't put him in, though. The only criteria that he'd get in on would be the Super Bowls. Nice criteria, to be sure. But if they were to only take the regular season into consideration, he doesn't sniff it.

if you just looked at stats, Rivers has had the far better career outside of the 2 super bowl wins. better completion percentage. more tds less picks. only thing eli besides the playoff wins has is passing yards

Man I'm sorry but Eli is just bad at this point.  I know the Oline isn't doing him any favors but my god he's bad.  He so oblivious in the pocket that he won't go thru his progressions.   I know most of it is he don't trust his Oline but he just stinks right now.

5 minutes ago, pencil face said:

Eli's gonna die against Philly pass rush in 2 weeks..

Giants GM needs to be fired for this O-line...

Ok just remember Eli doesn't die he plays every game. They are a better team then they played tonight. 

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Giants would have won this game if they'd started Geno...

Okay, alright, the beer the kicking in, no?

2 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

The Girls got a tough schedule these next 6 games without the woman beater playing. 

I thought hardy wasn't on the team anymore 

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How soon before Geno is under center?

Benching their Super Bowl winning Qb for Geno Smith would be brutal, no way unless he's injured

So proud of Jason witten. He's the all time Dallas Cowboy leader in receiving yards. A true great future hall of fame football player. Well done Jaylon Smith he has gotten better every game he's played.  

2 minutes ago, Br3 said:

I thought hardy wasn't on the team anymore 

That's correct but Zeke had to do something significant for the courts to uphold that 6 game suspension. 

9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Meh, both teams were unimpressive.

So was was philly....but who cares, it's week 1 and you take the win, that goes for philly and Dallas...only week 1. I mean how impressive was Dallas last year week 1 when they lost? Everyone had them at 4-5 wins after that. ...they won 13

the giants have a very good defense...I'll say that...having OBJ out helped Dallas big time' and Eli was just off, not making any snap judgements off 1 game.

i liked Dak, the Giants had his number last year, all I heard in philly was that teams would get film... he played a good game, 268 and a td, and was much more efficient than last year vs. NY. 

Hate the game Dallas called on offense....we heard all offseason that Dallas was going to move Dez around and so on....and they didn't...no variety of routs as usual. And 1st and goal on the 3, elite RB and OL a,d no runs? Stupid....

11 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

The Girls got a tough schedule these next 6 games without the woman beater playing. 

I guess you haven't heard. He's playing the WHOLE season!!!:slap:

13 minutes ago, McnabbsPHIeagles said:

Benching their Super Bowl winning Qb for Geno Smith would be brutal, no way unless he's injured

When did he last win a Super Bowl?

Besides, I was more just teasing the Giants fans... lol

9 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

That's correct but Zeke had to do something significant for the courts to uphold that 6 game suspension. 

You really must be out of it!! The court did NOT uphold the suspension! Zeke was granted a TRO by the judge, he will play the entire season! :slap: 

14 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

So was was philly....but who cares, it's week 1 and you take the win, that goes for philly and Dallas...only week 1. I mean how impressive was Dallas last year week 1 when they lost? Everyone had them at 4-5 wins after that. ...they won 13

the giants have a very good defense...I'll say that...having OBJ out helped Dallas big time' and Eli was just off, not making any snap judgements off 1 game.

i liked Dak, the Giants had his number last year, all I heard in philly was that teams would get film... he played a good game, 268 and a td, and was much more efficient than last year vs. NY. 

Hate the game Dallas called on offense....we heard all offseason that Dallas was going to move Dez around and so on....and they didn't...no variety of routs as usual. And 1st and goal on the 3, elite RB and OL a,d no runs? Stupid....

Yea I agree the game plan was not real impressive.  The Giants D is legit though.  We just wore them down.

14 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

You really must be out of it!! The court did NOT uphold the suspension! Zeke was granted a TRO by the judge, he will play the entire season! :slap: 

The NFL said they will make their next move tomorrow. Make no mistake, the league will NOT let this pass easily. Most, if not all, credible sports outlets have said no chance Eliott plays a full season