Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ndelaware

Looks Like 20,000 Are Watching The Rams @Home

On 9/11/2017 at 0:55 PM, KzEaglefan86 said:

Uh oh, fashion police alert!

he is also giving infractions for passes that don't have a perfect spiral apparently. 

On 9/14/2017 at 3:25 AM, Flyeagleafly818 said:

I'm a die hard eagles fan living in LA, lots of huge NFL fans here. We have a lot of raider and charger fans actually. I think people forget San Diego is about a 2 hours drive. Most of the chargers fan reside in Los Angeles. Many Rams fans here, but it's hard to enjoy them play.

Chargers fans in LA you say?

Very few of them went to the home opener!

3 hours ago, nveagle5 said:

The Charger tickets are wildly expensive given the small venue.

Given the lack of volume, that’s probably why they’re so expensive. 

Yeah. Eagles are playing there in a couple of weeks so I checked prices just for kicks. They are way up there! No thanks. Too bad, sight lines look great in the small stadium and they're pretty unique for an NFL experience.

On 9/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, ndelaware said:

I don't know why the NFL keeps trying to force feed the LA market, these people don't give a crap about the Rams or the Chargers.

Very simple:

NETWORK Executives likely had for years pressured the NFL behind closed doors to get teams into LA (which likely would have actually happened after 1995 were it not for the Mariners coming back from 2-0 to beat the Yankees in the ALCS as both the Mariners and Seahawks would likely without that have been gone from Seattle as the new stadiums there would never have been approved with that comeback).  That goes back to when the Rams and Raiders left after 1994 with networks seeing how women often tune into Lakers games on TNT/ABC/ESPN just to see which stars are at the game (which now also applies to Clippers games).  The network execs likely saw that and wanted NFL teams in LA so they can have stars of their shows "be seen at the game" and many of star-gazers tune in just to see who is there.

On 9/14/2017 at 3:25 AM, Flyeagleafly818 said:

I'm a die hard eagles fan living in LA, lots of huge NFL fans here. We have a lot of raider and charger fans actually. I think people forget San Diego is about a 2 hours drive. Most of the chargers fan reside in Los Angeles. Many Rams fans here, but it's hard to enjoy them play.

That may be true, but ever since the "showtime" days of the 1980's, LA has been a LAKERS town first and the one city where the NBA trumps the NFL.  The Rams and Chargers likely are not even on anyone's top five list of teams (with the Lakers, Dodgers, USC and UCLA Football and the Clippers probably the top five now).  That as I remember was why Georgia Frontierre moved the Rams to Stl. Louis for the 1995 season having become sick and tired of playing second fiddle to the Lakers.