Sign in to follow this  
Eagle_Randall

Houston Eagles fans?

Will probably be down there around 10 or 11 on Saturday. Still have not figured out what I'm gonna bring food wise. Do you drive through neighborhood on the way to the beach? If so, I know excatly where you will be. If anyone has any ideas about food let me know. Have a good week and see ya'll on Friday. thumbup.gif

Yeah there is a bunch of houses.... I know there is a gas station on the right and the road is right before it. There is a restroom sign pointing that way. It was the only one I saw like that.

30% chance of rain on Sat. What are we gonna do if it rains this weekend?

There is always at least a 30% chance of rain in this part of the country. No worries! thumbup.gif

How many people from the boards are showing up to the BBQ? I know of 3-4 now. Just curious.

I am hoping there will be more. That is all I know of is 3 or 4. Maybe we need to start PMing people from these two Houston threads.

Hey there fellas...long day at work..totally wiped out..tired, and have more work to do on the computer here. Probably will lay down and have a power30min nap..

I am there on Saturday... stoked to meet everyone!. Gotta call chuck..I am sure he will go too.

I hope to god I can finish this one web job and get payed for it..I wanna bring food as well. And the drive is about an Hour I guess? 49 miles. How much is the Ferry?

Crap I forgot to ask earlier..how much is the ferry?

Hey there fellas...long day at work..totally wiped out..tired, and have more work to do on the computer here.  Probably will lay down and have a power30min nap..

I am there on Saturday... stoked to meet everyone!. Gotta call chuck..I am sure he will go too.

I hope to god I can finish this one web job and get payed for it..I wanna bring food as well.  And the drive is about an Hour I guess? 49 miles. How much is the Ferry?

Crap I forgot to ask earlier..how much is the ferry?

The Ferry is free and it will take you about an hour.

16 days till the first preseason game. Not this Friday, or the next Friday, but the next Friday. Gotta figure out where we are gonna meet for the game.

We will... we will discuss it on Saturday for sure.

Hey Craig, did you ever make it by Jakes to see if they are going to have the NFL Package? If they do we should hang out there instead of Texadelphia. Seems like Jakes might be a better place to hang for EAGLES fans.

Hey Craig, did you ever make it by Jakes to see if they are going to have the NFL Package? If they do we should hang out there instead of Texadelphia. Seems like Jakes might be a better place to hang for EAGLES fans.

Here's a question...Does Jakes have one...JUST ONE, sign, banner, or poster of the Eagles in it?

Texadelphia has nothing...Absolutely nothing, and I think that if you are a CheeseSteak house, then you owe it the history of the city of Philadelphia to at least display something.

If Jakes has something..I would go there...plus I am always interested in trying a new CheeseSteak.

Someone mentioned Philly Connection..they are right..those are much better than Texadelphia's.

Being from Houston I thought Texadelphia had good cheezsteaks. You are right about Texadelphia's decor. Last year the only EAGLES thing I could find in there was a sticker on one of the beer coolers. If Jakes has some Philly stuff on the walls it would be a much better place. They would probably make us feel more at home than Texadelphia. Anybody down to meet at Jakes on Sunday to check it out and get something to eat? My daughter goes home on Friday so I am free from now on. See ya'll Saturday.

Randall

No I never did get over there but I will be near there tomorrow. I might stop in then.

Here's a question...Does Jakes have one...JUST ONE, sign, banner, or poster of the Eagles in it?

Texadelphia has nothing...Absolutely nothing, and I think that if you are a CheeseSteak house, then you owe it the history of the city of Philadelphia to at least display something.

If Jakes has something..I would go there...plus I am always interested in trying a new CheeseSteak.

Someone mentioned Philly Connection..they are right..those are much better than Texadelphia's.

Yeah - Jake's is decorated all Philly!!! thumbup.gif When you walk in - it feels like you are walking into a place in Philly. They have Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, and Sixers stuff everywhere in there.

Yeah - Jake's is decorated all Philly!!! thumbup.gif When you walk in - it feels like you are walking into a place in Philly. They have Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, and Sixers stuff everywhere in there.

Good. That will be our new home it looks like.

They support us...we support them...its a very simple proposition. Just hope they can handle how loud we are.

I think so too.  They would love to have us I think.

Perfect..sounds like we have the place.

I would add them directly to the page on our new website that says were we meet.

And of course I would let them know that I did.

Its important that we embrace this business, that we nurture it for all it has

to offer...and that we recognize with every fabric of our being that we understand

those offerings and that those offerings should be, at the very least, cold, in a glass, and big screened.

THIS IS SEASON IS GOING TO ROCK.

I would add them directly to the page on our new website that says were we meet.

to offer...and that we recognize with every fabric of our being that we understand

those offerings and that those offerings should be, at the very least, cold, in a glass, and big screened.

I think those are great sentiments. And I whole-heartedly support them but Jake's is a Houston landmark. The Guy has been here since the 80's. I moved here in 1986 when I enrolled in U of H. I the fall of 87 I got a job in a restaurant where the fondue place is now across the street from Texadelphia. Jakes was an institution then! It was so cool to see all that Philly sports stuff in his place.

I'm sure he will appreciate the props on your site but he's a legend here.

I think those are great sentiments. And I whole-heartedly support them but Jake's is a Houston landmark. The Guy has been here since the 80's. I moved here in 1986 when I enrolled in U of H. I the fall of 87 I got a job in a restaurant where the fondue place is now across the street from Texadelphia. Jakes was an institution then! It was so cool to see all that Philly sports stuff in his place.

I'm sure he will appreciate the props on your site but he's a legend here.

That is superb.

I am not sure what else to say..but that is superb.

I am really looking forward to seeing this place. YOu know..I gotta admit,

I think it is great that there a fellow bird followers and fanatics here in houston.

Just nice to know there are people like me.

Glad you feel a little at home. I'm glad that there are other EAGLES fans down here. I was drowning in a sea of Cowboy's fans. I beat Dallas on my ESPN 2K5 (PS2) last night. I hope their defense in real life is not as good as their defense is on the game. This is going to be a great season. Beach and Beer tomorrow. 40% chance of rain tomorrow now.

I cannot wait until Madden 2005 comes out.

For $30.00 more there is no way it is as good as 2K5. 2K5 is the best football game I have ever purchased for the PS or PS2. It is just like watching a game on ESPN. Anybody as ready for a cheesesteak and a cold one on Aug. 13 as I am? Two weeks from today! Closer and closer it comes.

I do not have a PS2 or XBOX but I play all of my games on my PC. I have it pretty loaded up for gaming.

I am ready for beer and football..... can't forget cheesesteaks too. thumbup.gif