Sign in to follow this  
Eagle_Randall

Houston Eagles fans?

thumbup.gif If you guys can find someone who is going to air the game tonight I'll be there. But I won't be able to make it tomorrow. You guys give me a call; because I won't be around a computer today, and let me know what you find out.

OK EVERYONE...

ITS AIRING LIVE TONIGHT! AT:

SRO SPORTS BAR...at the NORTHWEST MALL

at 7:00 pm!

I am going to buy a disposable camera to get some shots,

but everyone try and show up!

I am so amped!

10 more...still too long to wait!

This oughta be a blast. I hope we find some patriots fans there.

What time is everyone going to try and be there. I leave work at

5, but have to run to a Happy hour thing with some employees here,

then I will take off for the mall!

Should be there right about 6:50! gotta get a table!

I'm taking my kid out for pizza after work, so I won't be there until almost 7:00. Gotta drive from Conroe back to NW Mall. Don't know if I'm going by the house to put on an EAGLES shirt or not, so keep an eye out. I imagine the place will be pretty full, but it is a pretty big bar. Lots of tables and tvs. I'm going at lunch to talk to the ehad bartender (I know her) and the owner about the game tonight. I will post on here what the deal is, but if anyone has questions or needs diredtion to SRO call me 832-859-5561. Down to 9 hours. Whoooooooooo!!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif

I'm taking my kid out for pizza after work, so I won't be there until almost 7:00. Gotta drive from Conroe back to NW Mall. Don't know if I'm going by the house to put on an EAGLES shirt or not, so keep an eye out. I imagine the place will be pretty full, but it is a pretty big bar. Lots of tables and tvs. I'm going at lunch to talk to the ehad bartender (I know her) and the owner about the game tonight. I will post on here what the deal is, but if anyone has questions or needs diredtion to SRO call me 832-859-5561. Down to 9 hours. Whoooooooooo!!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif

Rand-O

When you get there, see what the chances are of reserving maybe a table in front of a bigger tv. Ask if the are airing the Patriots game on a larger tv, since they were super bowl chumps and all.

Talk to you in a bit!

Just got back from SRO and I was told to be back at 7:00 to watch the EAGLES game. They said that they were able to pick up all of the games last night so we should be ok. They said we won't know for sure until gametime, but there was not a problem last night so there should not be a problem tonight. Can't save a table though. We will just have to wing it when we get there, so the first person there needs to save a table if possible. I don't know when the place starts to fill up, so if anyone can get there early and save a table it would help. I won't be there until right at 7:00. Whooooooo!!! Beer and EAGLES football!!!!!!! Less than 6 hours to go!!!

Just got back from SRO and I was told to be back at 7:00 to watch the EAGLES game. They said that they were able to pick up all of the games last night so we should be ok. They said we won't know for sure until gametime, but there was not a problem last night so there should not be a problem tonight. Can't save a table though. We will just have to wing it when we get there, so the first person there needs to save a table if possible. I don't know when the place starts to fill up, so if anyone can get there early and save a table it would help. I won't be there until right at 7:00. Whooooooo!!! Beer and EAGLES football!!!!!!! Less than 6 hours to go!!!

RAND-O'

Thanks for the recon work!, you should be attached to

the Houton Eagles Nest Special OPS Unit.

I will get there around 6:45 and will try and nab us a good table. 6 hours to go......wow, counting down fellas!

Mike, are you around..can you make it?

Who are we still missing? Chuck, Mike, Craig, Ian (from last year) are you out there? Here are directions if anyone deos not know were the place is. Hopefully I will see everyone tonight. 5.5 hours to go! thumbup.gif

SRO SPORTS BAR & SLINGSHOT RAW OYSTER BAR @ NORTHWEST MALL

Located off W. 18th Street @ Loop 610.

Northwest Mall is bordered by:

W. 18th Street to the North, Loop 610 & the frontage road to the East,

Hempstead Hwy. to the South and Mangum to the West.

FROM GALLERIA AREA OR I-10 (EAST OR WEST)

Take W. Loop 610 North to W. 18th St. exit (just before 290/610 split).

Take a Left on W. 18th St. Continue to the 2nd entrance into mall parking lot.

Turn Left into parking lot and SRO will be in front of you to the right. Look for the satellite dishes.

COMING INTO TOWN ON 290

Take the Mangum / Dacoma exit. Continue on the frontage road, passing Mangum & Dacoma.

The next intersection is W. 18th Street. Turn Right on W. 18th St. to the 2nd entrance into mall parking lot.

Turn Left into parking lot and SRO will be in front of you to the right with satellite dishes on the roof.

FROM I-45 (NORTH OR SOUTH)

Take North Loop West (610) to the 290 (Austin) exit. Take first exit off 290 which is Mangum/Dacoma.

Take the U-turn under the freeway (before the light at Managum) and continue on the frontage road.

Go through intersection at Dacoma. The next intersection is W. 18th Street. Turn Right on

W. 18th St. to the 2nd entrance into mall parking lot. Turn Left into parking lot and SRO will be

in front of you to the right. Look for the satellite dishes on the roof above the entrance.

RAND-O'

I will get there around 6:45 and will try and nab us a good table. 6 hours to go......wow, counting down fellas!

Special OPS sounds good to me. It is all of that great training I got at Great Lakes Naval Training Center. Bumcakes, you know all about that special Navy training don't you. 4.5 hours left, I'm getting excited!!!!!!!

RAND-O'

I will get there around 6:45 and will try and nab us a good table.  6 hours to go......wow, counting down fellas!

Special OPS sounds good to me. It is all of that great training I got at Great Lakes Naval Training Center. Bumcakes, you know all about that special Navy training don't you. 4.5 hours left, I'm getting excited!!!!!!!

Alrighty thennnn...

Lets see your new nickname is

Lt. Cmdr Towelie!

Just dont show up to the pilothouse or the mess decks with

your last "J"

lmao!....

RAND-O'

I will get there around 6:45 and will try and nab us a good table.

Just got back from Vegas this morning and just woke up... I only slept for 3 hours the ENTIRE time that I was out there. LOL! See Y'all TONIGHT!!!!

Great meeting up with everyone although the game was not great but heck it is only pre-season. Next week will be a much better game. thumbup.gif

Still bites that we lost.

Craig - THANKS A MILLION BRO! had a great time at Firehouse,

just would have like to tie one on you know. Still great time,

and the women were off the charts bro.

It sure as hell aint preseason at that bar, thats for gah dahm sure!

Can't wait for the Ravens game. I'm looking forward to a better game from our boys. On the way home, I was listening to 610am and there was an ESPN show on. They were taking 30 second calls regarding football and guess who called in? A Cowboys fan. thumbdown.gif He started blabbin on and on about how the Eagles have no quality RB's, Kearse won't last long, and TO will be our downfall. He then went on to say the Cowboys are going to win the NFC east because of the #1D. The two radio jockey's cut him off and basically told him he was a tool. laugh.gif

Can't wait for the Ravens game. I'm looking forward to a better game from our boys. On the way home, I was listening to 610am and there was an ESPN show on. They were taking 30 second calls regarding football and guess who called in? A Cowboys fan. thumbdown.gif He started blabbin on and on about how the Eagles have no quality RB's, Kearse won't last long, and TO will be our downfall. He then went on to say the Cowboys are going to win the NFC east because of the #1D. The two radio jockey's cut him off and basically told him he was a tool. laugh.gif

Great meetin ya!

Great to see that we have 6 so far. Now we just need to find the rest of em.

You just know that we cant be the only die hard Eagles fans in houston...but

if we are....then we are definately unique.

We'll do Texadelphia next Friday Night for the game!

Ya...I think not having 109 yards in penalty means.. well,

you do the math. The field is 100 yards.

We penalized ourselfs the entire length of the field (ie. touchdown)...

and then another 9 yards on top of that.

Now we just need to find the rest of em.

if we are....then we are definately unique

In a town of millions, there has got to be more than 6! We have to find a way to make our presence known. The website is definitely a plus, but maybe the local radio or newspaper? Man, there's gotta be a way of connecting with our fellow birds!! ph34r.gif

Texadelphia, Friday night!!

Now we just need to find the rest of em.

if we are....then we are definately unique

In a town of millions, there has got to be more than 6! We have to find a way to make our presence known. The website is definitely a plus, but maybe the local radio or newspaper? Man, there's gotta be a way of connecting with our fellow birds!! ph34r.gif

Texadelphia, Friday night!!

You definately have a point. How about I make some kickaz posters to hang up (If They would let us) at Jake's, Texadelphia, and at some of the Philly Connection places..

The posters I would make would say - blah blah blah,,we are here, and so on, ad the website address...and bingo.

Anyone from Philly, whos an eagle fan..must be a really really avid fan of course, would see it and say hey..lookee there.

Yes - Newspaper would be great as well. After I get the site done I will contact the media relations dept at the Houston Chronicle. Maybe they might give us a little write up..and show the address to the site...

Great ideas! I plan to get some airtime on our local sports radio shows when the season starts and throw in a little invite to our incognito Bird fans here in H-town! I know Wildcntry mentioned he would bring his digital. I'll bring mine too and I could just e-mail you the pictures if you like.

Great ideas! I plan to get some airtime on our local sports radio shows when the season starts and throw in a little invite to our incognito Bird fans here in H-town! I know Wildcntry mentioned he would bring his digital. I'll bring mine too and I could just e-mail you the pictures if you like.

That would be great. Honestly its a shame for me to be a Graphic Artist and Web Designer and not own a Digital Camera...I actually do own one, but its not very good quality so I dont even bother.

I am looking forward to finding a digital video camera to shoot video footage of odds and ends with the Houston eagles nest...Its going to be a great season...and just reactions on tape from Scores would be awesome. Post it on the site. No body has that kind of footage on their fan sites...nobody. We would be the first.

I started working on some posters to place inside our rest/sports bars. I am sure they will let us hang them up..its not competition, but its welcoming for folks who are from Philly.

God I got to go to bed... Talk to everyone soon.