Sign in to follow this  
Eagle_Randall

Houston Eagles fans?

I will give Jake's a call later on but I imagine they are up and running. If not, Randall, you should go to the Steelers bar up near you. I heard it's crazy over there. I might hit it up also if they are open and Jake's is not.

I forgot about "Rookies"! It is about 2 miles from my house, and a huge Steelers bar.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...on.1fa393f.html

The link above will take you to the site

Tim MacMahon's In the Know

Rowdy Philly fans don't get many takers

01:32 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

IRVING – The group of 10 or so Eagles fans set up their tailgating scene smack dab in the middle of the Texas Stadium parking lot, loudly and obnoxiously trying to bait Cowboys fans into some good, old-fashioned, mean-spirited debate a couple hours before kickoff.

"They ain't fans," Tom Simms said in a disgusted tone. "You would not have a Cowboys gathering like this – having good fun – if we were in Philly. If this were Philly, you'd have all kinds of projectiles coming in here – hot dogs, beer, whatever."

Added Randall Moye: "I could see the parking lot being like this if they were playing the Lions or somebody. But it's the Eagles!"

In the 20 minutes or so that I hung out with this group of Philly fans, they only had two Cowboys fans engage them. They quickly dismissed one dude who was wearing a white No. 21 Cowboys jersey, calling him, "Crackman." Another Cowboys fan got rattled when an Eagles lover kept using a megaphone to help make his points despite standing only a foot away.

The thousands of other Cowboys fans seemed more interesting in sipping wine and eating cheese than putting the Philly invaders in their place.

Oh, well. Michael Wright, the man with the megaphone, says Cowboys fans are terrible trash talkers anyway. All they ever do is mention the five Super Bowl championships – which happens to be five more than the Eagles have – but has nothing to do with the 2008 teams.

"It's like Al Bundy talking about those four touchdowns at Polk High," Wright said, making a reference to the classic sitcom Married With Children. "And most of the time they only hold up four fingers when they say it."

With that, Wright and Co. broke into an "E-A-G-L-E-S!" chant without being challenged by any of their parking lot neighbors.

■ Premature celebration: Anybody surprised by Eagles rookie DeSean Jackson's showboat move that cost him a second-quarter touchdown must not have seen his performance in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl as a high school senior.

Jackson decided to flip into the end zone to celebrate a breakaway touchdown. He took off at about the 6-yard line ... and landed at the 1.

Reckon he didn't exactly learn a lesson from that experience.

■ Quick hits: The W Hotel's set-up right in front of Gate 1 didn't do anything to take away from Cowboys' fans reps for being a bunch of corporate softies. The fancy-schmancy hotel put a some white leather couches and a funny-looking, fuzzy rugs around a stylish bar. ... Cowboys fans took a page out of the Philly playbook by booing the gal who sang the national anthem.

great article guys!!!

randalls stories? sunday night he decided to get into a political discussion which got rather heated... apparently they weren't drinking enough...

it's Eagles weekend, and Randall and guys from my group are battling over politics.

EAGLES!! Leaving in 10 minutes for the game, hope I drive back with a victory smile!!! Looking forward to the Thanksgiving Day Game little brother!

Nice! I'm leaving for Jakes in 15 mins to watch part of the early games and get a seat.

WTF?

Toooooo many BOO BOOO's! We should not have had to play them. Don't we play Cleveland and thier lineman Big Baby. He's the reason Rothlesberger is tender.

OMG

And look now KOLB is throwing int's.

AJ AJ AJ AJ AJ

WTF?

Toooooo many BOO BOOO's! We should not have had to play them. Don't we play Cleveland and thier lineman Big Baby. He's the reason Rothlesberger is tender.

OMG

And look now KOLB is throwing int's.

AJ AJ AJ AJ AJ

Relax Dan! Kolb is fine. Maybe you were just not paying attention to that INT! He was tossing it to LJ! LJ SUCKS!!!

The Defense looked awesome all the way around, the offense did enough to win. What a different team without Westy, Baskett looked great, LJ SUCKS AS*!!!!!!!!!

Baskett is doing great this year. The WRs are really spreading defenses out and all without a "big name" WR. Kudos to Andy Reid and Co. on that one. LJ better step up with Westy being out. He needs to be Donovan's bailout go to guy. He has been sucking one big time!

The Eagles D was great and Bradley was all over the place. Glad to see Dawk playing well also. They were holding the hell out of Bunkley the whole game.

I forgot about "Rookies"! It is about 2 miles from my house, and a huge Steelers bar.

I was not talking about Rookies. There is another one up your way. It's all Pittsburgh stuff and PA style food. Steel City Pizzeria and Bar is the name of it. The place is insane! They have some awesome raffles too. Same with the Green Bay bar in Atascocita. I just bought the raffle tickets and I am starting to buy some things for the raffle. We are going to have to start out small but it will get better as the year moves on. I might even start the raffle in a couple weeks. Some of the money will have to go the website and then we can use the rest for the tatas.

I was not talking about Rookies. There is another one up your way. It's all Pittsburgh stuff and PA style food. Steel City Pizzeria and Bar is the name of it. The place is insane! They have some awesome raffles too. Same with the Green Bay bar in Atascocita. I just bought the raffle tickets and I am starting to buy some things for the raffle. We are going to have to start out small but it will get better as the year moves on. I might even start the raffle in a couple weeks. Some of the money will have to go the website and then we can use the rest for the tatas.

I think I can get raffle tickets at the dollar store down the street from me. I'll check on it. Hope we have a nice turn out next sunday, but might not because its a night game.

How much do you need for the web page?

Maybe I can donate a reasonable chunk.

Whats the turnouts usually look like for night games?

I'm thinking about going early for the Dallas/Washington just to get out of the house for awhile.

Hell, maybe even the early games too. But they all look ****ty.

Whats the turnouts usually look like for night games?

I'm thinking about going early for the Dallas/Washington just to get out of the house for awhile.

Hell, maybe even the early games too. But they all look ****ty.

With the influx of new HEN'ers it will probably be packed.....

Not as packed as the non-televised games but it still will be a pretty good crowd. Plus, you have the UH football players coming in there on Sunday nights and so forth...... I would get there early. I know I am .

i'm gona need to befriend all you HtoWn eagles fans!! im new to these parts and feel so disconnected from my east coast life :mellow: AND fellow Eagle fans!!

im gona have to come to one of these places im seein in here...which is the best?!

i'm gona need to befriend all you HtoWn eagles fans!! im new to these parts and feel so disconnected from my east coast life :mellow: AND fellow Eagle fans!!

im gona have to come to one of these places im seein in here...which is the best?!

The official HEN (Houston Eagles Nest) spot is Jakes.

http://www.jakesphillysteaks.com/

Welcome to houston

:phil::rock:

I will not be at Jake's tonight. Will someone please get the bobble head out, and put him back at the end AND do the save the boobies thing at halftime!

I second that...

Oh not being there.

Yes can someone PLEASE collect the Can-Care donations for the Breast Cancer.

Boobies? :rolleyes: Jason your a boob! :o Sorry I did'nt get a chance to call back the other day. I'm not sure who that was but Bn609 does.

Sara's been leting us know who in the house is ACTUALLY wearing the pants in this house. :lol:

Its the person with the onesy and a Diaper.(NO Randall I don't have a need for the depends yet)