Sign in to follow this  
Eagle_Randall

Houston Eagles fans?

Well, I'd like to say Hi. I'm in the military, and just got orders to Houston, Texas for 4 years. I'm excited, and looking forward to it.

Very nice! I am ex Navy and DWDarling in close to retiring from the Navy. good to have you. Jake's Philly Steaks is the place to be on gameday. see you in september

So here's a question. I'll be working Galena Park, as that's where the unit is at.

I was looking at Clear Lake, and Deer Park to live. Is that a **** to drive to get there, or not?

So here's a question. I'll be working Galena Park, as that's where the unit is at.

I was looking at Clear Lake, and Deer Park to live. Is that a **** to drive to get there, or not?

All I can tell yo is clear lake is too far south for you to live if your working in Galena park. GPark is on the East side of Houston, I live on the NW side. Clearlake is WAY south on 45 towards Galviston.

COWBOY CRAIG,help the man out, you know that side of town. And CONGRATS :thumbsup: ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!

All I can tell yo is clear lake is too far south for you to live if your working in Galena park.

For Real! you should stay in pasadena, deer park, maybe channelview. clear lake would be a suck arse drive in that traffic. you dont wanna drive that every day.

COWBOY CRAIG,help the man out, you know that side of town. And CONGRATS :thumbsup: ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!

WHAT??? Gratz brother!

Well, I'd like to say Hi. I'm in the military, and just got orders to Houston, Texas for 4 years. I'm excited, and looking forward to it.

Welcome to Houston. Houston is an exciting town and hope you like it. It used to suck until the last year or so. :) Thank you for your service!

yes, Clear Lake would be way too south. Your best bet is Pasadena and Deer Park. Deer Park is much nicer than Pasadena. Southeast Houston is iffy but I know several people from there and they never complain. Stay away from East of I-10 because of traffic heading into downtown (in the mornings). Other suggestions would be midtown or the Heights, you would be going against the traffic then and it's nice. Just depends on the price range and such.

I take it you will be at the Port of Houston?

Yeah, pretty close to that actually. There's a big Coast Guard unit in Galena Park apparently, off Clinton Drive.

Yeah, pretty close to that actually. There's a big Coast Guard unit in Galena Park apparently, off Clinton Drive.

Yeah, you will be in good shape in Deer Park if you can find a place in there. There are a lot of refineries in that area but that is southeast Houston for the most part.

What about Pearland? I looked online and found some good places there, and google maps said about 25 minutes to galena park, 40 in traffic.

I did find out that the unit is moving to Ellington AFB in a few years as well.

What about Pearland? I looked online and found some good places there, and google maps said about 25 minutes to galena park, 40 in traffic.

Pearland would be good for Ellington. Bout 40 min is right for the drive to Galena Park. Prob 20 to Ellington.

Pearland would be good for Ellington. Bout 40 min is right for the drive to Galena Park. Prob 20 to Ellington.

Cool, thanks. Looks like Deer Park or along Fairmont Parkway for me, at least for a few years.

Cool, thanks. Looks like Deer Park or along Fairmont Parkway for me, at least for a few years.

should work for you just fine. will only be bout 20-30 minutes to jakes from that area also.

Pearland is good. You cold just jump on the tollway from there and cut over. It's a growing area there.

Ok, cool. Pearland, or Pasadena along Fairmont Parkway. Got it narrowed down somewhat.

Jake's is over on the East Side is that right?

Ok, cool. Pearland, or Pasadena along Fairmont Parkway. Got it narrowed down somewhat.

Jake's is over on the East Side is that right?

Jake's is in Southwest Houston -- the Galleria Area.

Ah ok. Is that the hangout for all Eagles fans in Houston, or just a few of you guys?

That is where the Houston Eagles Nest is. We get anywhere from 50-90 fans a game. Sometimes more, just depends.

The astros have a "buy 2 season tickets get 2 free" deal right now. Upper deck seats would end up being $450 per season ticket, averages out to be $5.50 a game. Anyone interested in going in on some tickets, I need to find 3 people. If interested email me @ bcwray@ymail.com

The astros have a "buy 2 season tickets get 2 free" deal right now. Upper deck seats would end up being $450 per season ticket, averages out to be $5.50 a game. Anyone interested in going in on some tickets, I need to find 3 people. If interested email me @ bcwray@ymail.com

Bring lots of tissues for those seats! :lol:

Brad I'm not sure if you'll find anyone here wanting to waste money on astros SEASON tickets. BUT... ANYONE ITERESTED IN GOING WITH US TO ANY OF THE PHILIES GAMES AT MINUET MAID PARK :flex: THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 9,10,11?

Cool. It's a bar, or more of a restaurant?

It's a Cheese Steak shop with a bar and many TV's. And a couple of restrooms. And a Religious bookstore that is closed on Sundays next door. You'll find that alot in Houston, a Daycare next to a pool hall,next to a gas station, next to a strip club or smoke shop attached to a church. The zoning laws down here are...well...not very strict.