Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Jim Schwartz Prepares For Potent Chiefs

Honestly, all the hate going towards Pumphrey... He didn't look any worse than any of the active RB's did last week. He got roasted due to bad blocking and generic plays. How well did our RB's with tailor-made plays just for them do?

If there's a game to let the Pony Express out to stretch its legs it would be vs K.C.. They definitely haven't game planned vs him. Why not try it out?

True that regarding Pump. If we can't open it w/ the guys we used, don't see him doing it tho. Saw too many arm tackles he couldn't get thru in PS, however it's a scat back league now - unfortunately. At least if they practice the heck out of the screens this week, a few may work. D's are too good these days for the good old run the ball up the gut game, unless of course we had a FB type to run behind a la the Pats.

"potent chiefs"? Last few seasons the KC offense has been anemic. They have one good game to start the season and now they're "potent". I think our D will hold them in check.

True that regarding Pump. If we can't open it w/ the guys we used, don't see him doing it tho. Saw too many arm tackles he couldn't get thru in PS, however it's a scat back league now - unfortunately. At least if they practice the heck out of the screens this week, a few may work. D's are too good these days for the good old run the ball up the gut game, unless of course we had a FB type to run behind a la the Pats.

IMO our "best line in the NFL" looked like anything but in the opener. Wentz was scrambling for his life most of the time and they failed to open any running lanes. Kerrigan nearly beat us again.The guys up front need to block better.

"potent chiefs"? Last few seasons the KC offense has been anemic. They have one good game to start the season and now they're "potent". I think our D will hold them in check.

Wit ya dude........Can't believe it....Ya beat the Pats and people make you out to be great!! Not scared sorry......Good football team, no doubt, but they haven't seen a Defensive front like they are about to experience Sunday!! I said it the other day , we match up extremely well considering they really do not stretch the field....they throw the quick hitter slant routes and like to use the middle of the field with Kelce which I believe our safety's will be able to handle. Pound the damn ball, and pressure Smith and I love our Odds......Andy has been great after a long rest(bye week etc) so maybe that's were the 5.5 points comes from IDK......I am starting to LOVE us in this one........Perhaps I'm feeling a little over confident but I'm not buying into the Chiefs being as great as people are making them out to be.

Anyone else think trading something for AP wouldn't be the worst thing? Especially if it is a late round pick?

Last may the talk was a possible trade involving Jason Kelce for Mark Ingram.......this rumor really got kicked up a notch after the Saints signed AP. Seriously doubt they make any move like that right now.

Well.......have I figured out a forum that doesn't require facebook?  I miss you guys!  Is this a fantastic dream, or what?!  It's been the most wonderful season in my (or your?) lifetime.  I seem to have been off in my 12-4 prediction at the start.  Hope we maintain the "home field advantage" these last six games.....and I don't wake up!

3 hours ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:

Well.......have I figured out a forum that doesn't require facebook?  I miss you guys!  Is this a fantastic dream, or what?!  It's been the most wonderful season in my (or your?) lifetime.  I seem to have been off in my 12-4 prediction at the start.  Hope we maintain the "home field advantage" these last six games.....and I don't wake up!

Timer hey! This thread is 2 months old lol