AlpineEagle

Week 2: Texans @ Bengals

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

He's better off having Watson as starter- more job security.

I think Watson is doing OK isn't he?! From the bits I've seen at least he's giving Houston a little something unlike Savage.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Watson is doing OK isn't he?! From the bits I've seen at least he's giving Houston a little something unlike Savage.

Yeah.

18 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

It may not be best, but it's something.

That alone is reason enough to kill Thursday Night Football.

The bengals should have fired Lewis after that embarrassment and choke job against he Steelers a couple years back in the playoffs. Furthermore need to quit doing new rb every 2 plays. It hasn't worked well for them in two years. 

Offensive play calling is about not doing exactly what the defense thinks you will do.

Bill O'Brien is a moron.

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

There's Sunday games that aren't good either.

Those games aren't national television games. The league works hard to make SNF be the best that it possibly can be. There's nothing that they can do, to make Thursday Night games be the any better than what they've foisted upon the football viewing nation for the past several years.

As has been said by NFL insiders, 9 times out of 10, TNF teams are going into the game without having practiced or game planned for that game. They come off Sunday with a day off on Monday. Tuesday is for treatment and Wednesday is for travel (for the away team). Thursday just doesn't leave enough time after a Sunday game. That's why the games are so God awful 99 times out of 10 and that's why I generally only watch TFN when it's the Eagles.  

2 minutes ago, skippyx said:

1st QB start and these special teams idjits keep backing him up inside his own 10.

Frankly they need to get miller involved. Screens and in the run game. Once they do that Watson'a life will be much easier and Hopkins will start getting more catches.  

13 minutes ago, skippyx said:

Offensive play calling is about not doing exactly what the defense thinks you will do.

Bill O'Brien is a moron.

This x2

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Those games aren't national television games. The league works hard to make SNF be the best that it possibly can be. There's nothing that they can do, to make Thursday Night games be the any better than what they've foisted upon the football viewing nation for the past several years.

As has been said by NFL insiders, 9 times out of 10, TNF teams are going into the game without having practiced or game planned for that game. They come off Sunday with a day off on Monday. Tuesday is for treatment and Wednesday is for travel (for the away team). Thursday just doesn't leave enough time after a Sunday game. That's why the games are so God awful 99 times out of 10 and that's why I generally only watch TFN when it's the Eagles.  

Would it make you happy if they did another bye week for teams that will play on TNF?

2 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Would it make you happy if they did another bye week for teams that will play on TNF?

No. It would make me happy if they euthanized Thursday Night Football.

The worst player on both teams is Duane Brown.

This jerk is set to make 19.15 million dollars the next 2 years on a contract with 2 million a season in prorated bonus (more like 22 million in real money) and he is holding out.

I feel this game is lose-lose if youre andy dalton. if you lose you lost at home to a rookie qb who wasnt even the starter last week. if you win, all theyre going to say is oh wow great job, you beat a rookie qb who had a short week to prepare.....do you want a gold medal?

1 hour ago, metalhead0043 said:

If this is "old school" football I'm glad I missed actual "old school" football :lol:

This isn't 'old school' football. This is pre-school football.

This is 'old school football':

Williams throws him to the ground instead of driving him out of bounds and flexes.

What an idiot!