Procus

Sliding NFL ratings could throw networks for a loss

11 minutes ago, boogyman said:

So if Elliott, Dak and half the o line did it they wouldn't play? I call BS

"If there is anything disrespecting the flag, then we will not play."

That 'we' in the first sentence of his quote doesn't sit right with me. Context is crucial here, so I'm not sure what Jones is implying.

If some players did it, wouldn't Jones have said 'they' instead of the collective 'we'?

It's peculiar.

On 9/29/2017 at 9:56 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

Meetoo. My protest is: I only watch the Eagles game and no others.

The only post-game show I'll watch is CSN right after the game with host

Michael Barkann, the 'Governator' Ed Rendell, Ray Diddy & Seth Joyner.  

That's a protest?  No it's not.  That's taking a year off from hard core NFL watching.  That's just healthy, everybody needs to do that now and then.

1 hour ago, Pallidrone said:

My protest is to try and watch as much football as possible before my wife starts to yell at me.

Should have got a wife who loves football. 

8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

That's a protest?  No it's not. 

Is Too!!  <g>

That's taking a year off from hard core NFL watching. 

That's just healthy, everybody needs to do that now and then.

Actually I'd already scaled back my watching prior to my 'protest'.

I just felt like I had to protest the protesting so I protested. 

I'm basically concerned about our division foes and not much else.

And I'll confess: I watched the Pack beat the Cowpies at the last moment last night! That was cool!

Guess Goodell is no longer interested in hearing lame excuses about why the ratings are down.

Translation:  Expect a rule change soon, because the league and its owners are starting to feel the fallout of boycotts in their pocketbooks.  

I think the NFL starting annoying fans and casual watchers when these things happened:

1) too many commercials......it's ridiculous.....they try to squeeze in a commericial on every stoppage of play.

2) The phony attempts at player safety with changing the game.  The kickoff is one of the most exciting plays and it has become a formality with the deep kicks and touchbacks.

3) Too many flags for defensive contact on WRs and the QB.  The referees are changing the game. People are frustrated with the bullsh-- calls to enhance the offense or to protect QBs.  

4) Getting into social issues and politically correct issues.  Those things are divisive and can be handled in other outlets.  

5) Not enforcing their own policies during this bullsh-- anthem protests.

No matter what your race, political affiliation or social opinions are, we all love football.  Football that is not hampered by phony player safety rules or changing the game. Or an opportunity to watch football and forget all the whiny social issues and politically correct crap for just a couple hours.

BLAH  BLAH  BLAH  BLAH  BLAH  BLAH  BLAH  BLAH . . . 

Oh, by the way NFL, here's your new TV contract:  - 30,  - 40  or - 50% less!  ENJOY!!

https://news.grabien.com/story-montage-nfl-ratings-plummet-roger-goodell-develops-odd-verba

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/panthers-qb-cam-newton-opts-not-to-speak-with-reporters/ar-AAtJNoa?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

More evidence that the lunatics are running the asylum.

Players  _CAN_  be fined for not speaking to the media.

Think they'll fine him??

Or would that be interpreted as 'Whitey' Goodell punishing his 'slave' ?

This is yet another anti-social behavior that, if tolerated, will hasten the crashing & burning of the NFL as we have known it.

What's next?? I shudder to think. But yeah who cares?!? He's just ignoring his first amendment rights . . . 

On 10/9/2017 at 8:04 AM, Pallidrone said:

My protest is to try and watch as much football as possible before my wife starts to yell at me.

Well, she can't stop you from watching football nor should she.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:52 AM, birdman#12 said:

I think the NFL starting annoying fans and casual watchers when these things happened:

1) too many commercials......it's ridiculous.....they try to squeeze in a commericial on every stoppage of play.

2) The phony attempts at player safety with changing the game.  The kickoff is one of the most exciting plays and it has become a formality with the deep kicks and touchbacks.

3) Too many flags for defensive contact on WRs and the QB.  The referees are changing the game. People are frustrated with the bullsh-- calls to enhance the offense or to protect QBs.  

4) Getting into social issues and politically correct issues.  Those things are divisive and can be handled in other outlets.  

5) Not enforcing their own policies during this bullsh-- anthem protests.

No matter what your race, political affiliation or social opinions are, we all love football.  Football that is not hampered by phony player safety rules or changing the game. Or an opportunity to watch football and forget all the whiny social issues and politically correct crap for just a couple hours.

The worst ones I have seen this season for the first time are the in game ads which take up half the screen while a play is going on!

13 hours ago, Mat said:

The worst ones I have seen this season for the first time are the in game ads which take up half the screen while a play is going on!

They did that with a Lowes commercial that shrunk an actual play from Eagles - Chargers. I went to Home Depot.

13 hours ago, skippyx said:

They did that with a Lowes commercial that shrunk an actual play from Eagles - Chargers. I went to Home Depot.

This was an actual scene from my day yesterday at Home Depot.

ME: Excuse me, are there ANY lines open?

ORANGE VEST WEARER: Yes, Sir!! Four self-checkout lanes available right here!!

ME: awesome. What’s my employee discount since I’m running the register today?

ORANGE VEST WEARER: Huh?

i went to Lowe’s.

Home Depot literally wants morons working for them.  

Several years back, I applied for part time work.   I have a full time job so I was willing to take anything they would offer. Just wanted to get some hours into the system for SS when I retire really because I have a government job and haven't paid in enough

Ive been in construction my whole life and know every tool and material of every building trade like the back of my hand which I made clear on my application. 

Never got any offer whatsoever. 

47 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Several years back, I applied for part time work.   I have a full time job so I was willing to take anything they would offer. Just wanted to get some hours into the system for SS when I retire really because I have a government job and haven't paid in enough

Ive been in construction my whole life and know every tool and material of every building trade like the back of my hand which I made clear on my application. 

That is because morons are cheap.

7 hours ago, Hey Suess said:

This was an actual scene from my day yesterday at Home Depot.

ME: Excuse me, are there ANY lines open?

ORANGE VEST WEARER: Yes, Sir!! Four self-checkout lanes available right here!!

ME: awesome. What’s my employee discount since I’m running the register today?

ORANGE VEST WEARER: Huh?

i went to Lowe’s.

My experience with Lowes hasn't been much better.  I find I know more than most of them.... and I lived out of hotels and in a maintenance free condo most of my adult life so I know next to nothing.

At our local Lowes I found ONE dude who knows his stuff.  I don't care what department I need help in any more, I just go to him.

22 hours ago, skippyx said:

That's  the one I was talking about. I think they did a nationwide one as well because I remember Peyton Manning in another.

14 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Their loss is on them . . . one question: did you apply online?

I dunno man. Some of those pics were way too empty to blame on concessions. Heck, the bears pic was a full 4 minutes and 49 seconds into the game.