Silentop

Villanueva catches heat?!

13 minutes ago, Excel said:

He campaigned on disrespect for the average American worker. He campaigned on disrespect for the country by the left, Mr. Kaepernick included.. This president is a different animal, and quite often puts his foot in his mouth saying the right thing in the wrong manner, or talking when he should just shut up, But make no mistake his election was a sound decisive rejection of Barack Hussein Obama's policies. I remember folks saying you don't like Obama blame Bush. Well… You know that saying.

The left will attack Villanueva, but you can expect he'll deal with it with class and dignity.. For someone that served I feel for the guy that he was put in this position. Just to think it all started because a guy wasn't good enough to hold his job, and looked for other ways to bring attention to himself and say F you to everyone else. The phony civil rights crap is just that. He backed himself in the corner,  and needed to think of an excuse for his behavior. Champions for social justice don't start as champions for themselves.

None of this is correct. 

3 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Ummm, no. Tomlin wasn't even in the team meeting where they decided on this. Stop spewing BS.

And Villanueva did it by accident.

OK skippy, so I was wrong. Notice I said that's what I thought probably happened, I didn't say it was a fact.

Either way, whether it was Tomlin or the players, F them.

40 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Here’s a better question: why do you feel the need to make this a liberal vs. conservative pissing contest? It’s got zip to do with any of this ish. 

It has everything to do with conservatives and liberals. Just watch the networks and you can see who's on who's side. You must be blind if you don't see it. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

OK skippy, so I was wrong. Notice I said that's what I thought probably happened, I didn't say it was a fact.

Either way, whether it was Tomlin or the players, F them.

Yeah, F them for using their First Amendment right to peacefully protest social injustice and racism!

here is one man , a true hero, standing up for the country that gave him the privilege to play a game and get paid millions of dollars for it :towel:

This entire thing is turning into a complete joke. People don't even know the f they are protesting for...just doing it because it's the new thing to do. 

4 hours ago, Hey Suess said:

How in the world do you know what the president says?!?!

I read that Villanueva stood in the tunnel during the anthem. Was he actually the only one on the sidelines? 

EDIT: oh, never mind.....Villanueva said it was an accident that made his teammates look bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/25/steelers-alejandro-villanueva-on-standing-for-anthem-made-my-teammates-looks-bad.amp.html

So are people on this thread just choosing to ignore this and the facts to continue to spew their own agenda?

Somebody needs to post a pic of the jump to conclusions mat.

14 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

This entire thing is turning into a complete joke. People don't even know the f they are protesting for...just doing it because it's the new thing to do. 

Dead on balls accurate.

If you go out and ask 5 people who support the protests why they're protesting, you'll probably get 5 different answers.

Even the guy who started it all said he would stand if a team signed him.

14 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

Yep, it’s just another "ice bucket challenge”. No one truly knew why they were doing it, but they saw the other clueless sheep doing it, and THEY got attention!!!11!1! :excited:

Not one shred of social change will come of this, and people will SWEAR that they’re done with the NFL...:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

F Mike Tomlin and F the Steelers

If Art Rooney were still alive, Tomlin would have a very testy meeting with the original owner after yesterday's actions.   The Steelers have their wires crossed.  Ben Roethlisberger came out to support Villanueva's courageous move just before Tomlin forced Villanueva to publicly "change his story" that it was out of "incompetence" that he ran out on the field.   This team rift is not going to end well.  

25 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yep, it’s just another "ice bucket challenge”. No one truly knew why they were doing it, but they saw the other clueless sheep doing it, and THEY got attention!!!11!1! :excited:

Not one shred of social change will come of this, and people will SWEAR that they’re done with the NFL...:rolleyes:

"Look at the monkey doll, look at the monkey doll, not health care bill, not Puerto Rico, just look at the stuffed monkey!".   Donald Trump diffused a national anthem protest based on racial divide, and turned it personal against every member of the NFL.   He also created so much controversy, ESPN/CBS sports/ Fox Sports/NFL Network can't stop defecating.  The sports networks now think they are CNN. 

Colin Kaepernick has been kicked to the curb, that protest is over.   Trump turned this into;  "You called my teammate brother an SOB, well I can call my brother an SOB all the time, and I don't agree with what he does or says, but you don't have the right to call my brother an SOB.  I will fight you to defend my fellow teammate/brother." 

Clearly NASCAR didn't get that point, except Dale Earnhardt Jr. 

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/Al-Villanueva-in-his-own-words/04cdc2c3-a3f1-4736-a692-ee0adb236d41

Villanueva admitted to unintentionally muffing his handling of the anthem and unintentionally casting his team and coach in a negative light. He also stated he understood why some of his teammates wanted to kneel and didn't see it as disrespecting the flag. 

He said it's nonsense that his jersey is selling so quickly. I disagree: With his press conference, he made himself the poster boy for thoughtfulness in a sea of knee-jerk reactions. 

2 hours ago, Erie said:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/Al-Villanueva-in-his-own-words/04cdc2c3-a3f1-4736-a692-ee0adb236d41

Villanueva admitted to unintentionally muffing his handling of the anthem and unintentionally casting his team and coach in a negative light. He also stated he understood why some of his teammates wanted to kneel and didn't see it as disrespecting the flag. 

He said it's nonsense that his jersey is selling so quickly. I disagree: With his press conference, he made himself the poster boy for thoughtfulness in a sea of knee-jerk reactions. 

Looks like he's backpedaling to help his coach and team save face.

4 hours ago, Iggles said:

"Look at the monkey doll, look at the monkey doll, not health care bill, not Puerto Rico, just look at the stuffed monkey!".   Donald Trump diffused a national anthem protest based on racial divide, and turned it personal against every member of the NFL.   He also created so much controversy, ESPN/CBS sports/ Fox Sports/NFL Network can't stop defecating.  The sports networks now think they are CNN. 

Colin Kaepernick has been kicked to the curb, that protest is over.   Trump turned this into;  "You called my teammate brother an SOB, well I can call my brother an SOB all the time, and I don't agree with what he does or says, but you don't have the right to call my brother an SOB.  I will fight you to defend my fellow teammate/brother." 

Clearly NASCAR didn't get that point, except Dale Earnhardt Jr. 

I hate to say it but the media in general keeps proving him right.

2 hours ago, Erie said:

It's not nonsense, though. It makes total sense. The fans the kneelers are pissing off are supporters of the military. Of course his jersey is going to sell.

2 hours ago, PremiumPete83 said:

It's not nonsense, though. It makes total sense. The fans the kneelers are pissing off are supporters of the military. Of course his jersey is going to sell.

Read the article. 

This will backfire on the Libs as usual 

There is a reason they have no congress no White House and only 14 govs 

Normal  America supports the anthem and flag, it's the Libs that do not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000851975/article/rooney-issues-letter-to-fans-about-sundays-anthem

To Steelers Nation:

I want to reach out to you, the members of Steelers Nation, based on what I believe is a misperception about our players' intentions in not taking the field for the national anthem in Chicago. The intentions of Steelers players were to stay out of the business of making political statement by not taking the field. Unfortunately, that was interpreted as a boycott of the anthem -- which was never our players' intention.

Our players come from many different backgrounds and are united by what it means to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are active in their communities and participate regularly in events designated to give back to those communities. And they appreciate the support they get from Steelers fans around the country and here at home.

I also know that our players have tremendous respect for the members of our military services, including their teammate Alejandro Villanueva. There was never any desire on the part of our players to show disrespect for our service members.

Yesterday, I received an email from a Steelers fan who said tell the players to just play football. That is exactly what they wanted to do. They wanted their sole focus to be on playing the game, while also coming together as a unified team.

The main thing we can do is learn from this and strive to come together remaining unified as a football team. I believe we are capable of accomplishing this with the support of our fans.

Steelers Nation is made up of the best fans in the National Football League. We appreciate your continued support for our players, coaches and staff.

Sincerely,

Art Rooney II

Didn't the players say the exact opposite though and that it was a protest?:unsure:

1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Define normal.

3 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

It's a fad. It's hip. Everyone is piling on now.

It wasn't that long ago where suddenly everyone was outraged by the name Washington "Redskins".

We had a "rolling R-Words updates" thread on here 

It turned out, no one really gave an ish. Recent polls showed that Native Americans were fine with it.

Did that stop the protests? Nah...

Redskins had their trademark stripped and officials/commentators declared that they would reference them as the "Washington team".

In the end, it proved to be complete BS. Faux outrage 

In 5-10 years, people will scream about the name again. And again, it will be bs outrage and eventually die out.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:57 AM, ckudrick said:

If players are afforded the right and the platform to kneel, abstain, raise fists, etc. during the anthem, then it would be a very bad look for them to speak out against a player who chooses to stand for it (particularly a combat veteran) or to allow other players to do so. Freedom works both ways.

Yes Sir !

On 9/25/2017 at 2:23 PM, kitko60 said:

I want to know how many of these "protestors" are donating their time and money to organizations working towards their "protest" goals.  I would also like to know how many of these "protestors" voted.  

I would also like to know how much you are contributing to causes. Their more than 40% in income taxes alone covers their right to protest IMO in addition to whatever they give on the side :)

18 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

I agree. I think all races should be ashamed of themselves and let this become this way.