EagleJoe8

Week 4 Open Discussion.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

What can I say...Dallas just isn't very good in any area, and right now that includes running the ball and protecting the QB.

Dak is getting killed right now, and it's hilarious...or sad, however you ant to look at it. He single handily won them the Arizona game, and even yesterday, made a few plays all by himself that got them going. Leads them to 30 points, none on a short field (as in the defense did not cause a turnover)...defense allows the Rams to score on what...like 8 straight possesions....and it's Dak's fault? ok

I did not love the checkdown on 4th and ten, but everyone else was blanketed and he was about to get sacked.

I'll put it this way. Though he has been far from perfect, if the rest of the team played to his level, they'd be 3-1 easily.

My only hope is that it's early in the season, the OL gells a bit and getting Sean Lee and David Irving back helps at least a little.

otherwise...this is a 7-8 win team

 

Shock dak doesnt have zeke carrying them and 20 minutes to throw like last season and he looks like an average joseph.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Shock dak doesnt have zeke carrying them and 20 minutes to throw like last season and he looks like an average joseph.  

Typical eagle fan

Carson Wentz : 60%' 1000 yds, 6 td's  2 int's...."oh Carson is balling! He is so special, you can just see it!

Dak Prescott: 60%' 900yds, 9td"s, 3 int's..." Dak has been exposed!"

so Wentz is an average Joe then huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen1 said:

Typical eagle fan

Carson Wentz : 60%' 1000 yds, 6 td's  2 int's...."oh Carson is balling! He is so special, you can just see it!

Dak Prescott: 60%' 900yds, 9td"s, 3 int's..." Dak has been exposed!"

so Wentz is an average Joe then huh?

Actually yes. The last 2 weeks wentz has pretty much been a game manager. He did have some beautiful long touch throws this week and smith dropped 2 td passes. I think dak is on the eay down while wentz is on the way up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Actually yes. The last 2 weeks wentz has pretty much been a game manager. He did have some beautiful long touch throws this week and smith dropped 2 td passes. I think dak is on the eay down while wentz is on the way up though.

Well Dak was the 3rd rated QB in the NFL last year, Wentz was 30th....nobody thought Dak would play at that level every year, he's a game manager, that said, Dak had a couple passes dropped this week and last week too, he carried the Dallas O vs AZ and even this week, Dallas down 8, takes them on a 80yd to drive, throws a Td, runs it in for the tying 2pt conv, bogus penalty takes it away, then hits Williams in the chest for the 2pt and he drops it....

I'm actually surprised Dak has played this well as crazy as things have been around him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Actually yes. The last 2 weeks wentz has pretty much been a game manager. He did have some beautiful long touch throws this week and smith dropped 2 td passes. I think dak is on the eay down while wentz is on the way up though.

With almost the same stats, one is balling and on his way up while the other totally sucks.....gotcha...........back to back wins against two winless teams sure has the testosterone level off the hook....but it usually is at this point in most seasons............then reality pays a visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

With almost the same stats, one is balling and on his way up while the other totally sucks.....gotcha...........back to back wins against two winless teams sure has the testosterone level off the hook....but it usually is at this point in most seasons............then reality pays a visit.

 

FB_IMG_1502555395301.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 7:55 PM, PhillyGreenMachine said:

My girlfriend is a cowboys fan, so I have to watch what I say about certain players. Insults towards Tony Romo are off limits lol!

Don't be scared of her. You can say whatever you want about that team.

22 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Not possible. She is from Texas and has been following them since she moved there in 1992 when she was 4. She loves the Cowboys, TCU, the Rangers, the Mavs, the Stars. She gets VERY depressed when the Cowboys lose

Good.

4 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Actually yes. The last 2 weeks wentz has pretty much been a game manager. He did have some beautiful long touch throws this week and smith dropped 2 td passes. I think dak is on the eay down while wentz is on the way up though.

Really dude? It looks like he's been more than that to me. Even if he is, he's been a very good one. What does Wentz have to do to make you happy? Would you rather have Bradford starting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Don't be scared of her. You can say whatever you want about that team.

Good.

Really dude? It looks like he's been more than that to me. Even if he is, he's been a very good one. What does Wentz have to do to make you happy? Would you rather have Bradford starting?

Not at all. Bustford is a joke. I dont mean game manager in a negative light but rather weve been a running team first while wentz has converted some key 3rd downs and not turned it over. 

We havent asked wentz to carry us the last 2 weeks which is why hes averaged a little over 200 yards with 1 td and no picks the last 2 weeks. 

 

A great running game is any qbs best friend. In asssesing wentz on the year thus far hes gone from bottom of the league to middle. Dak has fallen from top to the middle. Theyve both been slightly above average is the point. Neither have been world beaters.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

With almost the same stats, one is balling and on his way up while the other totally sucks.....gotcha...........back to back wins against two winless teams sure has the testosterone level off the hook....but it usually is at this point in most seasons............then reality pays a visit.

Exactly, you barely beat two winless teams. Stephen posted the facts above and Dak is regressing but Wentz in in his way to take over Brady's spot at the top. To be quite honest I didn't expect anything different. 

I would rather Dallas get hot after the halfway point anyway. They just have to win enough to keep them within reach. They were hot  early last year and started to fade a little before the playoffs. I never like it when they get the 1st round bye in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind also that Dallas is a much younger team then Philly and with them letting go of the entire secondary they are building for the future. The holes at OL need to be addressed as they are not playing well at all right now. They may start to gel later in the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gch said:

Keep in mind also that Dallas is a much younger team then Philly and with them letting go of the entire secondary they are building for the future. The holes at OL need to be addressed as they are not playing well at all right now. They may start to gel later in the season. 

You guys are really grasping at straws. We are very young at alot of positions, seasoned at others. Youre forgetting we likely could have darby and jones the second half of the year and i suspect rookie hollins will be taking over for smith soon. 

 

Dallas isnt exactly young either with 40 year old witten and dez not exactly playing like hes got alot in the tank. Assuming other teams have hit their stride and dallas has some hidden gear thats gonna come out is wishful thinking. You lost 3 games last year all year and very well could be 2-3 after this week ! Keep thinking youre the team to beat in the east still. Its hysterical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gch said:

Exactly, you barely beat two winless teams. Stephen posted the facts above and Dak is regressing but Wentz in in his way to take over Brady's spot at the top. To be quite honest I didn't expect anything different. 

I would rather Dallas get hot after the halfway point anyway. They just have to win enough to keep them within reach. They were hot  early last year and started to fade a little before the playoffs. I never like it when they get the 1st round bye in the playoffs. 

Meh. The charger game wasnt nearly as close as the score and division games are always tight. Remember when you guys said washington sucked yet they beat the rams in their building and are playing pretty good ball? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

You guys are really grasping at straws. We are very young at alot of positions, seasoned at others. Youre forgetting we likely could have darby and jones the second half of the year and i suspect rookie hollins will be taking over for smith soon. 

 

Dallas isnt exactly young either with 40 year old witten and dez not exactly playing like hes got alot in the tank. Assuming other teams have hit their stride and dallas has some hidden gear thats gonna come out is wishful thinking. You lost 3 games last year all year and very well could be 2-3 after this week ! Keep thinking youre the team to beat in the east still. Its hysterical.

I HOPE Dallas find a 2nd gear, but I sure as hell aren't counting on it. But on the other hand, it's a looong season. Right now I have the east philly, and then skins/ Dallas neck and neck at #2. Jaylon Smith is not ready yet, he's very good going downhill, but not in coverage...the D will be better when Anthony Hitchens get back in a week or two, they also get David Irving back from suspension..and Sean Lee, as well as a Chito (rookie Cb they love) so we will see....keeping my fingers crossed. 

Dallas is actually young, and just like philly having the young QB opens the window for them to build going forward. Yes Witten is old, but he's just a guy now, was last year too, so it's not like you need to replace all pro caliber Witten, he is actually struggling badly as a blocker this year.

the only other player over 30 is Sean Lee...he will be hard to replace, he was missed this week vs the Rams.

Dallas has four  2nd year players starting and six rookies getting major playing time, three starting, 3 playing in sub packages, that's 7 out of 22 starters being in their 1st or 2nd year....the eagles have what....3 rookies getting major PT and two 2nd year players contributing?

Dallas just needs to stick to BPA in the draft, wouldn't be opposed  to a OG or OT early next year, a WR and a LB. I have actually been very impressed with rookies Jordan Lewis at CB and Xavier Woods at S, he will be taking over for Jeff Heath very soon. Rookie db's usually struggle, but from what I've heard the coaching staff thinks they hit on 2 cb's and a safety in this draft...which is huge going forward. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 6:31 PM, Stephen1 said:

I HOPE Dallas find a 2nd gear, but I sure as hell aren't counting on it. But on the other hand, it's a looong season. Right now I have the east philly, and then skins/ Dallas neck and neck at #2. Jaylon Smith is not ready yet, he's very good going downhill, but not in coverage...the D will be better when Anthony Hitchens get back in a week or two, they also get David Irving back from suspension..and Sean Lee, as well as a Chito (rookie Cb they love) so we will see....keeping my fingers crossed. 

Dallas is actually young, and just like philly having the young QB opens the window for them to build going forward. Yes Witten is old, but he's just a guy now, was last year too, so it's not like you need to replace all pro caliber Witten, he is actually struggling badly as a blocker this year.

the only other player over 30 is Sean Lee...he will be hard to replace, he was missed this week vs the Rams.

Dallas has four  2nd year players starting and six rookies getting major playing time, three starting, 3 playing in sub packages, that's 7 out of 22 starters being in their 1st or 2nd year....the eagles have what....3 rookies getting major PT and two 2nd year players contributing?

Dallas just needs to stick to BPA in the draft, wouldn't be opposed  to a OG or OT early next year, a WR and a LB. I have actually been very impressed with rookies Jordan Lewis at CB and Xavier Woods at S, he will be taking over for Jeff Heath very soon. Rookie db's usually struggle, but from what I've heard the coaching staff thinks they hit on 2 cb's and a safety in this draft...which is huge going forward. 

 

Well said Stephen, I don't get to concerned about this year with a complete over haul at the secondary. I believe the coaching staff knows that we are building a defense and expects it to payoff in the longer haul. We have young players at almost every position and it takes time for these guys to gell. Our OL  is very young and loosing Free and Leary did cause a setback. They were seasoned players that were more important then most of us Cowboys fans realized. Every Dallas fan should have plenty of hope with the way that we have taken care of the salary cap, rebuilt an old team from 3-4 years back, and drafted better then just about any other team in the league. We have also put a stop to buying over priced free agents.

Young teams do stumble and we'll see if they can make a run later in the year but if not then I know the future looks bright in Dallas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

:roll::roll:

That is glorious!

 

That's pretty funny, but all our teams have been there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gch said:

That's pretty funny, but all our teams have been there. 

True, but it's so much better when the Giants are in such bad shape like that. I'm probably one of the very few who revels in seeing the Giants look like crap rather than the Cowboys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gch said:

Well said Stephen, I don't get to concerned about this year with a complete over haul at the secondary. I believe the coaching staff knows that we are building a defense and expects it to payoff in the longer haul. We have young players at almost every position and it takes time for these guys to gell. Our OL  is very young and loosing Free and Leary did cause a setback. They were seasoned players that were more important then most of us Cowboys fans realized. Every Dallas fan should have plenty of hope with the way that we have taken care of the salary cap, rebuilt an old team from 3-4 years back, and drafted better then just about any other team in the league. We have also put a stop to buying over priced free agents.

Young teams do stumble and we'll see if they can make a run later in the year but if not then I know the future looks bright in Dallas. 

Yup, hoping La'el settles in at RT, sometimes he looks dominating, but them he has lapses. I still think he's an upgrade over Free...problem is LG, that is why I'm fine with going G or T early next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

True, but it's so much better when the Giants are in such bad shape like that. I'm probably one of the very few who revels in seeing the Giants look like crap rather than the Cowboys. 

Living in central jersey I love when the Giants are bad. I respect the Giants more than Dallas but have to hear it when they Giants are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gch said:

Well said Stephen, I don't get to concerned about this year with a complete over haul at the secondary. I believe the coaching staff knows that we are building a defense and expects it to payoff in the longer haul. We have young players at almost every position and it takes time for these guys to gell. Our OL  is very young and loosing Free and Leary did cause a setback. They were seasoned players that were more important then most of us Cowboys fans realized. Every Dallas fan should have plenty of hope with the way that we have taken care of the salary cap, rebuilt an old team from 3-4 years back, and drafted better then just about any other team in the league. We have also put a stop to buying over priced free agents.

Young teams do stumble and we'll see if they can make a run later in the year but if not then I know the future looks bright in Dallas. 

Yes everyone thought this was a rebuilding year and suddenly the eagles are an old team lmao

 

The core of the eagles is just as young as dallas. Peters, long , and sproles skew up the averages. 

 

Lets look at the core of the d...

Cox, jernigan,barnett, graham, hicks, jones, darby, mills, jenkins, mccload. 

Unknowns: bradham/kendricks.

Of that core jenkins and graham are the only 2 approaching 30. Mccload will be 29 next year. None of them are in the brink of being done as i see all lasting over the next 3 seasons with their successors being drafted and groomed. Douglas is likely one of the safeties replacememts.

 

On offense ...peters replacement is likely either not yet on the roster or will be lane sliding over. Either way well be getting younger not older there. Our rb of the future is also likely not on the roster yet. So as zeek is reaching the half point of his career next year ...the eaglrs rb of the future will be 2-3 years younger than zeek when he begins. 

 

Rosters are always evolving in the nfl. You have to look at the core to determine age. Witten and dez replacements are not yet on the roster. In that case when they are youll ge getting even younger. But will they be better? 

 

The Phillies traded all their players to rebuild through the farm system. Weve had a youth movement going on for years. They definity didnt get better with youth nor do i buy the spin that they are a couple years away from contention. As a team they have shown absolutely no growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Yes everyone thought this was a rebuilding year and suddenly the eagles are an old team lmao

 

The core of the eagles is just as young as dallas. Peters, long , and sproles skew up the averages. 

 

Lets look at the core of the d...

Cox, jernigan,barnett, graham, hicks, jones, darby, mills, jenkins, mccload. 

Unknowns: bradham/kendricks.

Of that core jenkins and graham are the only 2 approaching 30. Mccload will be 29 next year. None of them are in the brink of being done as i see all lasting over the next 3 seasons with their successors being drafted and groomed. Douglas is likely one of the safeties replacememts.

 

On offense ...peters replacement is likely either not yet on the roster or will be lane sliding over. Either way well be getting younger not older there. Our rb of the future is also likely not on the roster yet. So as zeek is reaching the half point of his career next year ...the eaglrs rb of the future will be 2-3 years younger than zeek when he begins. 

 

Rosters are always evolving in the nfl. You have to look at the core to determine age. Witten and dez replacements are not yet on the roster. In that case when they are youll ge getting even younger. But will they be better? 

 

The Phillies traded all their players to rebuild through the farm system. Weve had a youth movement going on for years. They definity didnt get better with youth nor do i buy the spin that they are a couple years away from contention. As a team they have shown absolutely no growth.

As far as Dez and Witten who knows. Right now Witten is not anywhere near the player he use to be and Dez really hasn't even showed much in games this year so finding their replacement wouldn't be that bad right now. 

Eagles seam to like FA's better then drafting players in the last 4-5 years. Dallas use to be big in trading for FA players because JJ use to like to make a splash. Since he is taking more of a backseat to Will and Stephen they have been hitting on draft pick at a much better rate then before. 

Now days no one knows how good their teams will be anymore from year to year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now