EagleJoe8

Week 4 Open Discussion.

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

If you're Cardinals, do you take tie or go for win if situation presents itself?

Hmm good point. Your season isn't over at this point... You tie it up knowing you're playing the Niners. Now if it was the other way? I'd say Niners should go for it. 

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

If you're Cardinals, do you take tie or go for win if situation presents itself?

Always go for the win as long as you aren't sacrificing the ability to try for 3 in the process.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So you think the Gnats get the #1 pick, and the Eagles get to the Super Bowl?

I don't think the Eagles have any shot at the super bowl this year.  They aren't good enough yet.  I do think Wentz is the first QB to win a ring in Philly though.  I'm a big believer in what that guy can do.   It's not gonna be this year though.

7 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

I don't think the Eagles have any shot at the super bowl this year.  They aren't good enough yet.  I do think Wentz is the first QB to win a ring in Philly though.  I'm a big believer in what that guy can do.   It's not gonna be this year though.

Then why did you say 'Then the Eagles are to a Super Bowl'?

1 hour ago, Sportsdude360 said:

I'm not at all surprised by the Cowboys loss today, I had a bad feeling going into this game against the Rams. Jared Geoff is just the type of QB that can torch our young secondary. And Sean Lee not playing means Gurley can run loose. Last but not least, Dak is playing like a 4th round pick, which is what I was afraid of going into this season. Won't really know what we have in Dak until a couple more years when he's fully mature as an NFL QB. Dak is not a great pocket passer which may ultimately doom him to playing second string on a team other than Dallas- RG3 anyone. The bottom line is that Dak simply doesn't have an NFL caliber arm and teams are starting to realize that the way to beat him is by forcing him to throw from the pocket while shutting Zeke down. Teams that are able to do those two things will beat Dallas every time.       

4th round picks dont get 4 years.

22 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Then why did you say 'Then the Eagles are to a Super Bowl'?

Because that's exactly what I meant.  The Eagles are an extremely soft 3-1 team.  They are barely, if really any better than the Giants at this point.  They just won a few close games.  I don't think they are close to a championship at all.  They are just blowing their draft position. 

Just now, Happyfoosball said:

Because that's exactly what I meant.  The Eagles are an extremely soft 3-1 team.  They are barely, if really any better than the Giants at this point.  They just won a few close games.  I don't think they are close to a championship at all.  They are just blowing their draft position. 

"Then the Eagles are to a Super Bowl" is exactly what you meant? Are you sure about that? Are you really sure?

I think you'd rather not be sure of that, than be sure ...

3 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Good teams find ways to win close games. Bad teams find ways to lose them. Eagles good. Giants bad.  

2 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

The Eagles are an extremely soft 3-1 team.

Injuries in the secondary and losing Fletcher Cox for a few games will do that.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

"Then the Eagles are to a Super Bowl" is exactly what you meant? Are you sure about that? Are you really sure?

I think you'd rather not be sure of that, than be sure ...

I really think it's sad that you are resorting to playing the part of the grammar NSDAP on an NFL forum but hey if that's all you've got god bless

... draft position. 

Oh, and just to be on the record, I don't think they're going to the Super Bowl. I've been watching Eagles football since the mid 70's. In allllll of those years, there's only been one season where I KNEW they were going to the Super Bowl, and I knew that before the first pre-season game was even played. That was 2004.

This year, I'm not even thinking about anything beyond the game of the week. This week is all about game 4. Starting Tuesday, it's all about game 5. The playoffs, the Super Bowl and the Draft are eons into the future and I at this point, I don't care about them. I just want to enjoy each Sunday as it plays out. If we get to January and the Eagles are still playing, well great. If they aren't, well my life still goes on and come July and August, I'll be living for each Sunday again.

I really think it's sad that you are resorting to playing the part of the grammar NSDAP on an NFL forum but hey if that's all you've got god bless

Try to sense when someone is Fing with you... and once you've sensed that...

20 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Soft teams don't win close games, they lose them. Explain please.