Sign in to follow this  
AlpineEagle

Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Definitely not! Hell even the Bears have won a game and they are overall worse than both the Chargers and GMen.

Both teams were tipped to compete in very competitive divisions. These aren't terrible teams. They've just played badly so far. 

September is full of mirages. Heck we were one last year ! 

2 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

September is full of mirages. Heck we were one last year ! 

Yep and we could be again this year. I hope not but you never know. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yep and we could be again this year. I hope not but you never know. 

The reason id say we are not is because our ways if winning have been impressive. Imo we have controlled the majority of all 4 games. We run, we stop the run, and we convert 3rd downs. Those are key elements of good teams.

2 hours ago, BCEagle said:

The teams that beat those 0-4 teams are a combined 22-9. They're both pretty decent teams.

Yeah and 8 of those 22 wins were against crappy 0 and 4 team's lol. 

If they were good teams they would have won 1 game between the 2 of them. The chargers are a mess and can't even get fans in the stadium. The giants are being forced to play an offensive style their QB is not suited for because it's the only way they can keep him from being killed. And their defense is decent but still a disappointment from what they expected.

So not only does Justin Houston's TD with no time left swing the spread from Redskins +7 to Chiefs -7, but it pushed the total from under to over as well. :lol: You can't make that ish up. There are a lot of Redskins/Under bettors out there who probably need to be talked off the ledge.

Just now, back2nj said:

Every team has talented players. Sometimes a loss isn't about the talent ( or lack there off) of a team. One bad play can change the entire outcome of a game.Or bad decision .(such as the lateral attempt by the Skins did in this game). Does that negate the talent because of a bad call or an untimely flag, an int? Not imo. These players would not have made it to the highest level of the sport, if they weren't talented  at their positions or intelligent enough to understand the many complex play designs.

However, I'm definitely not unhappy that  the Skins lost. Lived in Va for almost 20 years.Their media is an over hyped machine where that team is concerned. They are so quick to make excuses for when they lose and ready to hand them the Lombardi after a couple of early wins.

5 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

The reason id say we are not is because our ways if winning have been impressive. Imo we have controlled the majority of all 4 games. We run, we stop the run, and we convert 3rd downs. Those are key elements of good teams.

Oh I don't dispute that. Our start has been good but not great and actually i think that's a good thing. There's room to improve and that's what you want of a young team with a lot of new pieces. The key elements are there we just need to execute better. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I don't dispute that. Our start has been good but not great and actually i think that's a good thing. There's room to improve and that's what you want of a young team with a lot of new pieces. The key elements are there we just need to execute better. 

Definitely. Last year i think we peaked in september. The year before that we peaked in preseason lmao i dont think this team has close to peaked.

I think the redskins have but well see.

I am quietly optimistic about my team. I'm concerned about all the injuries we incurred on defense. But otherwise, the off-season moves they made for the defense in coaching as well as free agents have paid off so far. We just need the passing attack to continue to progress. Pryor and Doctson need to get more chemistry with Cousins. I can see us going 3-1 in the next quarter of the season. 

20 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I am quietly optimistic about my team. I'm concerned about all the injuries we incurred on defense. But otherwise, the off-season moves they made for the defense in coaching as well as free agents have paid off so far. We just need the passing attack to continue to progress. Pryor and Doctson need to get more chemistry with Cousins. I can see us going 3-1 in the next quarter of the season. 

You guys will beat san fran. Then you have philly then dallas. Big october for the nfc east all around.

9 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

So not only does Justin Houston's TD with no time left swing the spread from Redskins +7 to Chiefs -7, but it pushed the total from under to over as well. :lol: You can't make that ish up. There are a lot of Redskins/Under bettors out there who probably need to be talked off the ledge.

That ending sure smelled fishy if you follow the money. 

20 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Definitely. Last year i think we peaked in september. The year before that we peaked in preseason lmao i dont think this team has close to peaked.

I think the redskins have but well see.

So this time it'll be October? Next year November, then December, January and finally February... I like it! ? 

Yeah see I wasn't sold on the Redskins when many thought last year and the year before they were a really good team. 

I’m ready for a competitive redskins, Eagles, cowboys battle. Anything can happen and even thought it looks like it is almost impossible for the giants to go to the playoffs, anything can happen.

12 minutes ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

I’m ready for a competitive redskins, Eagles, cowboys battle. Anything can happen and even thought it looks like it is almost impossible for the giants to go to the playoffs, anything can happen.

For sure it's going to be a tight division and I wouldn't be shocked to see 9-7 be in with a chance of winning it! And if that is the case then no I guess right now NY do still have a slight hope. 

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For sure it's going to be a tight division and I wouldn't be shocked to see 9-7 be in with a chance of winning it! And if that is the case then no I guess right now NY do still have a slight hope. 

It is looking more like 10-6...

7 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

It is looking more like 10-6...

Could well be... It's going to be tough and it's going to be tight so who knows. Hell we could go 12-4 or 13-3. Unlikely but this is the NFL. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could well be... It's going to be tough and it's going to be tight so who knows. Hell we could go 12-4 or 13-3. Unlikely but this is the NFL. 

Seahawks and Rams could be tough. Dallas, Redskins and Giants will not be walks in the park either.

The Eagles could go 4-2 in the division, 2-2 versus the NFC West, and 3-1 versus the AFC West. Then 1-1 in other NFC games. 

3 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Seahawks and Rams could be tough. Dallas, Redskins and Giants will not be walks in the park either.

The Eagles could go 4-2 in the division, 2-2 versus the NFC West, and 3-1 versus the AFC West. Then 1-1 in other NFC games. 

Oh for sure there's some tough games left so I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'm just saying in the NFL especially so far this year who knows.