Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

OMG. The guy I am playing has the KC defense. That may have just cost me the win. 

So embarrassing when you try dumb gadget crap like that, especially when it goes nowhere and you can't even get the first lateral off.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

That probably affects the line in Vegas.  What were the odds in this game?

KC -7

Just now, pisceschica said:

What happened I turned off tv 

On big lateral attempt by Washington, there ended up being a fumble on a lateral picked up by KC and then returned for the TD instead of just downing it.

Just now, BCEagle said:

KC -7

Yep. Those who bet on this game just had their fortunes flipped on the last play of the game on a desperation play.

Yep. Those who bet on this game just had their fortunes flipped on the last play of the game on a desperation play.

And weirdly enough KC beat Washington by a bigger margin than they beat us even though this game felt a lot closer.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm not a gambler, does that mean people made or lost money on that TD?

Just now, cbt said:

On big lateral attempt by Washington, there ended up being a fumble on a lateral picked up by KC and then returned for the TD instead of just downing it.

He did the right thing. Pour salt and rub it in the wound :smoke:

So are they going to attempt the PAT? They should go for 2 just to give the Redskins a chance to return it to push.

Just now, birdman said:

If you bet on Washington to cover then you lost

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

If people bet KC by 7 or more, they made money because of the play.  They were set to lose money without it because the game was going to be won by less than 7 points.

Just now, birdman said:

Yep the spread was 7. Those who bet the Skins to cover lost on that play. Those who bet the Chiefs to cover won on that last play.   All because of a lateraled KR play.

Good sportsmanship there by KC but kind of stupid if you think about it.  Although highly unlikely...  points scored do come into play for tie-breakers.

Just now, vsptroops said:

Now I can listen to 106.7 tomorrow and listen to the fans brag about a moral victory. :-)

It kind of was a moral victory. They were one catch from winning. The Redskins are a pretty good team right now. 

1 minute ago, metalhead0043 said:

If you bet on Washington to cover then you lost

1 minute ago, cbt said:

If people bet KC, they made money because of the play.  They were set to lose money without it because the game was won by less than 7 points.

Yep the spread was 7. Those who bet the Skins to cover lost on that play. Those who bet the Chiefs to cover won on that last play.   All because of a lateraled KR play.

Ouch, thanks for the explanations guys. Like I said, I'm not the gambling type, so I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff :rod:

Just now, birdman said:

Ouch, thanks for the explanations guys. Like I said, I'm not the gambling type, so I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff :rod:

Which is why I was hoping that the Chiefs went for two and the Redskins recovered and returned it for a defensive conversion. Then the Chiefs would have won by seven and everyone would have been screwed.

1 minute ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

It kind of was a moral victory. They were one catch from winning. The Redskins are a pretty good team right now. 

Oh I know, but it's easier to listen when they lose then when they win. :P On the flip side, as an eagles fan, it doesn't make me feel any better that we kept the game close. We lost fair and square to the better team but it still irritates me.

3 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Which is why I was hoping that the Chiefs went for two and the Redskins recovered and returned it for a defensive conversion. Then the Chiefs would have won by seven and everyone would have been screwed.

So damn confusing I’m just happy they lost whether they cover the spread or not :P

It’s soo important that he eagles sweep them in 3 weeks