Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Oh I know, but it's easier to listen when they lose then when they win. :P On the flip side, as an eagles fan, it doesn't make me feel any better that we kept the game close. We lost fair and square to the better team but it still irritates me.

Makes me kind of happier struggling against them in week 1. 

I know some of you like to fly under the radar but damnit I enjoy being positively talked about and all they will still want to talk about is the redskins being the favorite in the East despite us having the better record and already beating them.

Soo quick gambling lesson. If KC comes in +7 they have to win by at least 7 points to cover spread? And if the redskins win they have to win by 1-6 points to cover spread? 

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Soo quick gambling lesson. If KC comes in +7 they have to win by at least 7 points to cover spread? And if the redskins win they have to win by 1-6 points to cover spread? 

I believe that if it's KC -7, you can either put even money on KC to win by > 7 points or <= 7 points.

I'm also not a gambling guru, so if anyone knows better feel free to correct this.

4 hours ago, BCEagle said:

And weirdly enough KC beat Washington by a bigger margin than they beat us even though this game felt a lot closer.

Also had 3 weeks of game tape 

42 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Also had 3 weeks of game tape 

Gotta give andy credit. This chiefs team is different then years past. They are monsters in the second half of games.

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

Gotta give andy credit. This chiefs team is different then years past. They are monsters in the second half of games.

I have always been a fan of Andy .  I hope he gets his SB ring , I wish it would of been with us .  But Id settle for KC  getting it for him 

10 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

I have always been a fan of Andy .  I hope he gets his SB ring , I wish it would of been with us .  But Id settle for KC  getting it for him 

I think houston or pitt will come out of the afc this year but either way andys team is playing above their talent level. They are taking games over. 

Its funny Redskins went in that game pretty healthy .  They are no using loss of norman was huge in the loss .  How many DBs were we missing that game ? 

4 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Its funny Redskins went in that game pretty healthy .  They are no using loss of norman was huge in the loss .  How many DBs were we missing that game ? 

Yep. If darby is back and norman is out in 3 weeks that could be huge. Our defense has been complety decimated by injuries. 

7 hours ago, cbt said:

I believe that if it's KC -7, you can either put even money on KC to win by > 7 points or <= 7 points.

I'm also not a gambling guru, so if anyone knows better feel free to correct this.

KC -7. KC must win by 8 or more for you to win if you bet on them. If Washington wins or loses by 6 or less, you lose and anyone who bet Washington +7 wins. If KC ultimately wins by exactly 7, it's a push and you get your money back. 

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Lol never gonna happen. Cmon stop with that. If there's one thing we know, it's that Andy is a great regular season coach. But, put a little postseason adversity in front of him and he chokes like Mama Cass.

Theyll blow it in the playoffs like they did last year 

Still impressed by the redskins so far. Has anyone had as tough a schedule as them so far? Two 3-1 teams, a 4-0 one and a talented raiders team.

5 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Still impressed by the redskins so far. Has anyone had as tough a schedule as them so far? Two 3-1 teams, a 4-0 one and a talented raiders team.

The chiefs have had a tough schedule. The chargers have had a very tough schedule. The giants have had a tough schedule. Even the eagles have. The chargers and giants may be a combined 0-8 but theyve both had tough schedules. 

6 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

The chiefs have had a tough schedule. The chargers have had a very tough schedule. The giants have had a tough schedule. Even the eagles have. The chargers and giants may be a combined 0-8 but theyve both had tough schedules. 

We played 2 0-4 teams. One of which is going to be 0 and 5.  Skins opponents are a combined 12 and 4.

17 minutes ago, boogyman said:

We played 2 0-4 teams. One of which is going to be 0 and 5.  Skins opponents are a combined 12 and 4.

The sample sizes are too small. Are the 3-1 rams forreal? They beat the colts and niners outside of the cowboys. Maybe dallas stinks theyve only beaten the giants and cardinals. We thought the raiders would be good. Now that doesnt appear to be the case. The giants for example have lost to 4 teams with winning records. The skins only win vs teams with winning records came against the rams. 

5 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

The sample sizes are too small. Are the 3-1 rams forreal? They beat the colts and niners outside of the cowboys. Maybe dallas stinks theyve only beaten the giants and cardinals. We thought the raiders would be good. Now that doesnt appear to be the case. The giants for example have lost to 4 teams with winning records. The skins only win vs teams with winning records came against the rams. 

I said so far. As you said small sample size, so all you can go by is what they have done. SO FAR, they have looked pretty good and their schedule has been really tough.

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

I said so far. As you said small sample size, so all you can go by is what they have done. SO FAR, they have looked pretty good and their schedule has been really tough.

They look much more physical than previous skins teams. At 2-2 they are right on pace for another 7-9 through 9-7 season which is what i think they are. Outside of the brownsm, jets (2-2), and 9ers (who are still very competitive) all of these teams have alot of talent.

12 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

They look much more physical than previous skins teams. At 2-2 they are right on pace for another 7-9 through 9-7 season which is what i think they are. Outside of the brownsm, jets (2-2), and 9ers (who are still very competitive) all of these teams have alot of talent.

I think our whole division is right around 8 and 8 as far as talent and holes go. 

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I think our whole division is right around 8 and 8 as far as talent and holes go. 

I disagree. We are better than that when healthy. Giants will make a run but too little too late. I thought dallas was going to fold this year and if they lose sunday they are well on their way.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

The teams that beat those 0-4 teams are a combined 22-9. They're both pretty decent teams.

17 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

The teams that beat those 0-4 teams are a combined 22-9. They're both pretty decent teams.

Yeah and more to the point... Both the Chargers and Giants were tipped to have pretty good years. Let's not forget that both teams have lost a couple of tight games and have had tricky games so far. They might be 0-4 but they are both better teams than that. And it wouldn't be a shock to see the Giants go on a little run at some point. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah and more to the point... Both the Chargers and Giants were tipped to have pretty good years. Let's not forget that both teams have lost a couple of tight games and have had tricky games so far. They might be 0-4 but they are both better teams than that. And it wouldn't be a shock to see the Giants go on a little run at some point. 

Right ....is anyone sold on the 3-1 bills or 2-2 jets actually heing better teams than the gmen or chargers? Im not.

11 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Right ....is anyone sold on the 3-1 bills or 2-2 jets actually heing better teams than the gmen or chargers? Im not.

Definitely not! Hell even the Bears have won a game and they are overall worse than both the Chargers and GMen.

Both teams were tipped to compete in very competitive divisions. These aren't terrible teams. They've just played badly so far.