Sign in to follow this  
Jenkins27

RB Adrian Peterson traded to the Cardinals

This actually makes a lot of sense.  Arizona is desperate and NOLA wasn't doing squat with him.

It makes sense for No... I'm not quite sure what the Cards see here? 

Yes their run game is struggling but that team is flawed all over. Why trade for an aging RB who's best years are probably behind him? Especially when Johnson is back next year and he's the future! 

I know this year isn't a loss yet but I mean come on... Seems like an odd one. 

What?! Hold on, let me go make a move in my fantasy league...

55 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Why would AP want this? He should have stayed with the Vikes.

Vikes didnt want him.

AP is a shell of his former self as is cj2k but hey maybe they figure two former 2000 yard rushers will equal something.

Its always sad seeing great players play out the end of their careers.

AP is a shoe in for the hall but its like seeing art monk as an eagle or jerry rice as a bronco or reggie white a panther. Sad stuff

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

LOL old player tweets

Wendell Smallwood's Philly tweet made an appearance on there the other day lol.

6 hours ago, toolg said:

What?! Hold on, let me go make a move in my fantasy league...

Which move, picking up Kamara? 

AP is done, might as well have just kept Johnson. Even when healthy last season, which I realize wasn't much, I distinctly remember commenting that AP looked like he had no burst left. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

AP is done, might as well have just kept Johnson. Even when healthy last season, which I realize wasn't much, I distinctly remember commenting that AP looked like he had no burst left. 

No no I said he was done and I was told I was stupid and AP is not done and is not like any other back

I'm not entirely surprised by the trade. The Saints weren't geared to use him and the Cardinals were desperate for a RB.

I'm not sure there's going to be much difference for the Cardinals though. We'll see, I guess.

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

No no I said he was done and I was told I was stupid and AP is not done and is not like any other back

Yeah I saw all those "he's not like other backs" arguments. Technically they were right, he isn't like any other back, because his body has taken even more of a beating than a typical 32 year old running back. 

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Wendell Smallwood's Philly tweet made an appearance on there the other day lol.

Trubisky is hands down the winner of old player tweets...

Screenshot_20171010-201943.thumb.jpg.7096b0c2de4ee811abd5bb8029136f5b.jpg

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah I saw all those "he's not like other backs" arguments. Technically they were right, he isn't like any other back, because his body has taken even more of a beating than a typical 32 year old running back. 

Yes but he was basically done after 30 like every other back. Plenty of backs have taken the beating he has that's why they don't play well after 30. Even going a bit further he might be overrated cause to finish his career he probably won't even crack the top 10 in rushing. 

13 hours ago, nipples said:

Which move, picking up Kamara? 

Waivers ran overnight. I was 4th, got McKinnon. Kamara isn't available.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Waivers ran overnight. I was 4th, got McKinnon. Kamara isn't available.

Luckily I jumped on Kamara a couple weeks ago. Think he's going to keep seeing his touches increase over the course of the season. 

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not entirely surprised by the trade. The Saints weren't geared to use him and the Cardinals were desperate for a RB.

I'm not sure there's going to be much difference for the Cardinals though. We'll see, I guess.

agreed. i just don't see much AP is going to be able to provide at this point given what, well, he'll be given. can't imagine it will be much in the end.