McNabbIsGone

TO & Ochocinco Coming Back??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000860079/article/could-terrell-owens-and-chad-johnson-return-to-the-nfl

Don't look now, but you could see some of your favorite NFL stars of the past returning to the gridiron. Injuries have caused a few teams to begin searching for players to solve their depth chart issues. A few retired NFL players are taking notice and are publicly letting it be known that they're still available.

On Sunday the New York Giants had an unfathomable series of injuries during the Chargers-Giants game. All four of their wideouts got injured and three of them had season-ending injuries. With the loss of Pro Bowl receivers like Odell Beckham Jr. and Brandon Marshall, the Giants need star power on the outside. Back in 2007, Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson were arguably the two biggest star WRs in the league. T.O. and Ochocinco are now 43 and 39 years old respectively, but they say they still got it.

Two media attention grabbing washed up WRs who havent played a snap in 7 year coming back to the nfl?

Its a lock

I feel like we hear this every year. Teams pick up injuries and some retired former superstars "declare" they are fit and ready to go. And how often does it actually happen? 

Yeah.  Deon was close but came back to play with the Ravens in 04 and 05.  He didn't get in until 2011 (first ballot)

Edit... wait... Deon wasn't eligible yet when he came back... so that is an interesting point.  I'd look harder but neither are coming back so I ain't stressing.

19 hours ago, axe_man_trotter said:

Victor Cruz would make sense for the giants 

On a minimum deal, that might be what the Giants have to do.

At least he knows the offense.

if TO comes back he will be the 5th injured WR for the Giants this year geeeez he is crazy. That ankle isn't stronger 13 years later sorry.

1 hour ago, Silentop said:

if TO comes back he will be the 5th injured WR for the Giants this year geeeez he is crazy. That ankle isn't stronger 13 years later sorry.

No one in their right mind (the Browns, maybe?) would hire these guys.

I just found it amusing that a story like this even gets published.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:24 PM, axe_man_trotter said:

Victor Cruz would make sense for the giants 

He's done. Even the Bears didn't want him, and they have nothing at WR

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

He's done. Even the Bears didn't want him, and they have nothing at WR

Sad.  Is it completely due to the injury or is some of it eroding skills?

They should find a venue to protest the anthem until an NFL team hires their washed up sorry butts.

I hear that is highly effective at getting people on your side.

1 hour ago, H-field Hero said:

Sad.  Is it completely due to the injury or is some of it eroding skills?

Probably both, and maybe even the fact that he publicly said that he felt that the Giants "sabotaged” his career by not cutting him sooner than they did. There was some bad blood.

38 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Probably both, and maybe even the fact that he publicly said that he felt that the Giants "sabotaged” his career by not cutting him sooner than they did. There was some bad blood.

Super disrespectful to a team that won you a super bowl...

36 minutes ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Super disrespectful to a team that won you a super bowl...

I'm pretty sure that he contributed to the SB win as well

9 minutes ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

He did, but you gotta be loyal to your team.

Yeah, to a degree, but loyalty doesn't pay the bills. The team did what was in their best interest, because it was obvious that he wasn't anywhere near as capable after his injuries. He took it personally, I guess, and said some things that probably burned the bridge.

The fact that no other teams are calling him speaks volumes. I always liked VC, and I still do, but his playing days are very likely over.

5 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, to a degree, but loyalty doesn't pay the bills. The team did what was in their best interest, because it was obvious that he wasn't anywhere near as capable after his injuries. He took it personally, I guess, and said some things that probably burned the bridge.

The fact that no other teams are calling him speaks volumes. I always liked VC, and I still do, but his playing days are very likely over.

At the same time he was their second best receiver for a while.

All four WR went down with three gone for the season? Midgest are toast. 

There should be a thread started for the many great Eli gifs that will come from this season.