Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msmcdickey

Name A Team We Can't Beat

8 hours ago, skoods said:

Let's see...the 2002 Eagles beat the Bucs in the regular season and trounced them the two previous postseasons before being routed in the NFC Championship at home. 

The 2003 Eagles beat the Panthers on the road in the regular season before being routed at home in the NFC Championship.

The 2008 Eagles DESTROYED the Cardinals in the regular season before losing to them in the NFC Championship.

How many of you were calling "SUPERBOWLZZZ" when those matchups presented themselves?

You'd think this fanbase would have learned some tact. 

I get being excited. And I am. But, this team has flaws and it's 6 games into the season. We don't need 8 threads talking about how this team is the Super Bowl favorite when they've beaten the 1 win Giants by 2 points and the 2 win Chargers by 3 points and every game besides one (Arizona) has come down to the final possession.

This team is a 61 yard field goal, a Chris Long strip sack, and a Cam Newton bed whetting from being 2-3. 

That's not entirely the case.  Even if Elliot had missed that FG how do you know the Eagles wouldn't have won in OT?  And as for the Cam NEwton bed whetting,  hell you can say that about half the wins a team gets.   Considering that game had horribly one sided officiating the eagles did pretty well to win it.

22 minutes ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Seahawks in Seattle. No way the Eagles have enough to get by them and the refs.

The refs would probably allow Seattle's poor offensive line to use stun guns.

i'll just use what's been working so far... Treating the next game as the one, "the real test".  In this case, the Monday nighter against the  redstinks, time to reverse the fortunes.  Eagles turn to create a new winning streak.

10 hours ago, skoods said:

Let's see...the 2002 Eagles beat the Bucs in the regular season and trounced them the two previous postseasons before being routed in the NFC Championship at home. 

The 2003 Eagles beat the Panthers on the road in the regular season before being routed at home in the NFC Championship.

The 2008 Eagles DESTROYED the Cardinals in the regular season before losing to them in the NFC Championship.

How many of you were calling "SUPERBOWLZZZ" when those matchups presented themselves?

I get being excited. And I am. But, this team has flaws and it's 6 games into the season. We don't need 8 threads talking about how this team is the Super Bowl favorite when they've beaten the 1 win Giants by 2 points and the 2 win Chargers by 3 points and every game besides one (Arizona) has come down to the final possession.

This team is a 61 yard field goal, a Chris Long strip sack, and a Cam Newton bed whetting from being 2-3. 

I get the sober statement. I like your points But you cannot remove those three items. They happened, and the Eagles are 5-1. They have the talent and the right pieces to make a move. But....I am not pronouncing the Eagles as anything until they raise the Lombardi.

1 hour ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

i'll just use what's been working so far... Treating the next game as the one, "the real test".  In this case, the Monday nighter against the  redstinks, time to reverse the fortunes.  Eagles turn to create a new winning streak.

After what happened to Aaron Rogers on Sunday, the last thing I need to see is Ryan Kerrigan slamming Carson Wentz's shoulder hard on the turf next Monday.  It all changes in a flash. When most Eagle fans stop being so bi-polar and find that "middle" where they don't have to go from "Doug is an idiot", to "Super Bowl baby" in a matter of three weeks hell would've frozen over.  That's never going to happen.   

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You brought up the Cowboys and if we can beat them twice. I showed you why you being scared makes no sense, and for a guy who named himself naysayer you certainly are complaining about winning. Relax and enjoy the ride for once.

What the hell are you talking about?  I'm 100% enjoying the ride and no one is afraid of the Cowboys.  Just because I'm suggesting people pump their brakes a little bit with their expectations doesn't mean I'm complaining about winning you dunce.

I would say the Pats. We've been good at protecting our secondary but Brady would have a field day with our corners. I don't think our offense could keep up with him. Once Darby comes back and maybe Jones then I think we have a chance to stop him. We would be able to play more man and send some blitzes. I would have added Rodgers but he is out for the season. Matt Ryan isn't playing at that level right now. Aside from those three I don't think anyone has the consistent accuracy to expose our weakness.

13 hours ago, skoods said:

Good teams find ways to win

14 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Guess we'll find out week 13.  

They always seem to get us in their place. I would love to see them at the Linc in January and see how good they are.

Guest ThaNightmare
21 hours ago, Prime said:

This fanbase needs to calm down.

This team is good. It isn't great yet. It may become great in the weeks to come, but to call it great now is just emotional hyperbole. We aren't even into November yet. Let it breathe B.

Why? Let people be excited. Philly sports has been incredibly disappointing the last few years and now we finally have something to be excited about and you're trying to tell others to calm down? Nobody is claiming this team is GREAT. But there have been worse teams than ours who, like ours, just know how to fight for wins and end up on deep playoff runs. I think people have every right to be excited and damn whoever tries to interfere with that.

Guest ThaNightmare
19 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

We can't beat the Patriots in a big game like the Super Bowl.

We can't beat Aaron Rodgers led Packers team.

We can't beat Seattle @ Seattle.

Falcons could beat us.

Steelers could beat us.

Chiefs could beat us.

We can't beat the Broncos @ Denver.

The Giants beat the Patriots TWICE with eli freaking manning...it's possible. And if that is possible, then beating all the other teams you listed is possible.

22 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

I just looked it up. We beat them 26-7 in November 2008 @ Seattle. I don't remember this game at all. Seattle has beaten us 5 of the last 6 games.

I just looked up that game. Seneca Wallace was the Seattle qb- lol.. I'm with you though, I don't remember this game at all which means that it wasn't on TV, at least for me.

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I just looked up that game. Seneca Wallace was the Seattle qb- lol.. I'm with you though, I don't remember this game at all which means that it wasn't on TV, at least for me.

Do you recall the 07 game when feely through 5 picks against them?

2 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Do you recall the 07 game when feely through 5 picks against them?

Yep, Lofa Tatupu looked like a hall of famer in that game.

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Westbrook almost broke that last punt return for the go ahead score before Feeley threw the last INT. 

11 hours ago, vsptroops said:

That was one of those Andy Reid's pre game plans that blew up as soon as the game began.  The weather was rainy, windy, and miserable.  Yet McNabb was just passing away, without any coaching adjustment to the unexpected weather conditions.  

On 10/16/2017 at 3:35 PM, wrestlevessel said:

We can't beat the Patriots in a big game like the Super Bowl.

We can't beat Aaron Rodgers led Packers team.

We can't beat Seattle @ Seattle.

Falcons could beat us.

Steelers could beat us.

Chiefs could beat us.

We can't beat the Broncos @ Denver.

This is all true, but this team fights back when the game is close. After the 2004 season, Andy Reid's teams never fought back to win, unless it was Giants.  If it was against the AFC, and they had a lead in the second half, the game was over (Cleveland doesn't count).  

It's also an Eagles defensive front seven I haven't seen since Bud Carson's defense.  I'm not even close to using the word that starts with an "S", but I haven't been this happy about the Eagles since the day before the 2003 NFC Championship at the VET.  That's when my optimism in Andy Reid died.  In 2004, with TO not 100%, I knew the Eagles would lose.  I just feel sorry for those poor souls who took out second mortgages to see them in Jacksonville.   

A ridiculous 61-yard field goal gave you one win; Newton throwing in the middle of the field while the receiver was wide open on the right side and had the time, he would have walked into the end zone. Record would be 3-3. It is the NFL, a few odd happenings can change the whole landscape in a jiffy. A little luck doesn't hurt either.

Be happy, but cocky? Please. It is the beginning of the season, teams are just settling down to who they really are. We are about to find out who is who in the next 6-7 games.

5 hours ago, Mearns said:

A ridiculous 61-yard field goal gave you one win; Newton throwing in the middle of the field while the receiver was wide open on the right side and had the time, he would have walked into the end zone. Record would be 3-3. It is the NFL, a few odd happenings can change the whole landscape in a jiffy. A little luck doesn't hurt either.

Be happy, but cocky? Please. It is the beginning of the season, teams are just settling down to who they really are. We are about to find out who is who in the next 6-7 games.

So, getting the team into position to kick that FG means nothing? Just magically, Jake from State Farm Elliott walked out onto the filed and said "I think I'll try... THERE!"  and luckily, he made it.

Newton's interceptions had nothing to do with the pressure that the defense put onto him or the coverage that the DB's ran? Newton just walked out onto the field and said, "I like green, I think I'll throw these passes to the team with the pretty green helmets..."

INT's aren't just the fault of the QB throwing the ball to the wrong person. Why did he throw it when he did? Was the pass rush so heavy that he had to throw it sooner than he wanted? Was the pass rush so heavy that they hit his arm?

That FG wasn't 'ridiculous', it was uncommon. But it wasn't even the longest FG in NFL history. Also, you're automatically stating that had Jake from State Farm missed that FG, the Eagles lose? Miss that FG and the game goes into Overtime, the Eagles don't lose with a miss there. FG's and INT's are part of the game. As are penalties and injuries. If you want to go back and start re-writing games with could've, would've and should've scenarios, well I'm sure we can all come up with some fun game endings then... beware though, I might just make Quincy Carter your QB for the next 40 seasons... :devil:

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, Hey Suess said:

Delta Force

I had a buddy at Fort Hood that wanted to try to get into Delta. His GT was somewhere in the mid to upper 80's (or low 90's) though, so he had no hopes. I forget what he said the requirements were (GT wise), but it was a whole lot higher than what he had lol.