msmcdickey

Name A Team We Can't Beat

No team out of reach for the Eagles but the teams that would be tough to beat are plenty...

We can beat anyone, but there is a group in the NFC that each could give us challenges....Atlanta, Carolina (in a 2nd game), Dallas (with Zeke), Arizona (what a difference with AP).  The Rams are suddenly intriguing, but not better than us.

Let's see...the 2002 Eagles beat the Bucs in the regular season and trounced them the two previous postseasons before being routed in the NFC Championship at home. 

The 2003 Eagles beat the Panthers on the road in the regular season before being routed at home in the NFC Championship.

The 2008 Eagles DESTROYED the Cardinals in the regular season before losing to them in the NFC Championship.

How many of you were calling "SUPERBOWLZZZ" when those matchups presented themselves?

You'd think this fanbase would have learned some tact. 

I get being excited. And I am. But, this team has flaws and it's 6 games into the season. We don't need 8 threads talking about how this team is the Super Bowl favorite when they've beaten the 1 win Giants by 2 points and the 2 win Chargers by 3 points and every game besides one (Arizona) has come down to the final possession.

This team is a 61 yard field goal, a Chris Long strip sack, and a Cam Newton bed whetting from being 2-3. 

21 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

The Canucks

I was gonna say the Dodgers or Golden State. 

OP raises the wrong question.  The worst team in the league can beat the best team on any given Sunday.

Better question is which team presents to biggest threat or roadblock to the Eagles.  I'd go with Seattle for that.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

OP raises the wrong question.  The worst team in the league can beat the best team on any given Sunday.

Better question is which team presents to biggest threat or roadblock to the Eagles.  I'd go with Seattle for that.

I would state that team isn't close to the same outside of their home. If they had to play the Eagles in Philly it's an Eagles win.

This fanbase needs to calm down.

This team is good. It isn't great yet. It may become great in the weeks to come, but to call it great now is just emotional hyperbole. We aren't even into November yet. Let it breathe B.

I look at the NFC right now and I can't see any team I would think is far and away better than them. Perhaps there are a few teams in the AFC that could beat them, but I don't see anyone in the NFC right now we should be scared of. The Eagles are a really good football team.

Just now, NAYSAYER said:

Can't beat, or won't beat?  Two very different things.  For example, we CAN beat Dallas, but I'd be surprised if we beat them twice this season.  Nothing is black and white in the NFL, you people need to relax a bit.

I'm sure we won't beat the Cowboys twice, because we will be resting our starters for the playoffs. Only in philly can the fan base complain about winning. 

34 minutes ago, msmcdickey said:

Name a Team We Can't Beat?

Can't beat, or won't beat?  Two very different things.  For example, we CAN beat Dallas, but I'd be surprised if we beat them twice this season.  Nothing is black and white in the NFL, you people need to relax a bit.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I'm sure we won't beat the Cowboys twice, because we will be resting our starters for the playoffs. Only in philly can the fan base complain about winning. 

Garbage time games are not what I'm talking about.  And no one is complaining about winning. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I look at the NFC right now and I can't see any team I would think is far and away better than them. Perhaps there are a few teams in the AFC that could beat them, but I don't see anyone in the NFC right now we should be scared of. The Eagles are a really good football team.

Maybe so, maybe not. Wentz takes hits. A lot. We all need to just chill. The NFC is up for grabs after the Rodgers injury, but it's a long season. Can we just focus on MNF?

Its not about who we can't beat, but about can we stay healthy and play consistently throughout the duration of the season and into the playoffs. We have the talent but things can change in a blink of an eye if injuries pile up. Anytime I get a little cocky I always remind myself of Joe Webb

I believe the Eagles can beat anyone right now if mistakes are minimal. Nigel Bradham has really impressed me. If he and Michael Kendricks keep it up, we will be really dangerous down the line. I like what I'm seeing right now. Time to also let Blount loose. I'd like to see him start laying a few licks on defenders when they try to tackle him.

17 minutes ago, Procus said:

Pittsburgh still scares me in a sb matchup. If they ever get it together they have a talented team. And beating kc makes has their confidence back. 

9 minutes ago, Prime said:

Maybe so, maybe not. Wentz takes hits. A lot. We all need to just chill. The NFC is up for grabs after the Rodgers injury, but it's a long season. Can we just focus on MNF?

If this team continues to do what they have been doing they're going to be fine. Being scared of success is stupid. Say you're right. Things don't turn out well and then what? Are you happy they failed? Meanwhile I'm enjoying the ride bud, and that includes MNF, and when things fail as you assume they would I have spent this time happy. You stay miserable while I stay happy.

This is why you play the games one at a time.  Sure, it's fun to get excited and look ahead a bit.  It's a good feeling to have something to look forward to.  But, ask GB how they are feeling now.  Ask DEN how they are feeling after the train wreck VaGiants beat them.  We have a very tough division game vs the Foreskins next Monday night.  They always play us tough and give us fits, at least lately.  Win that game and we can feel more confident about this team.  Should they lose that game then it will bish slap some of the fan base back to reality.

Yes, this team could beat any other team in the NFL at any time.  Both our O and D are playing well, at least well enough, to keep us in games and give us a chance to win.  We're not the only team that can do that and upsets happen every week.  Let the lads stay focused on the team in front of them and play their game.  We're just along for the ride.

A darkhorse team that could beat us is the Texans. Deshaun Watson is literally putting them on his back and my god it's scary. That team is going to be terrifying next year if Watson keeps playing like that. He's making year 1 Dak look like a total scrub.

12 minutes ago, NAYSAYER said:

Garbage time games are not what I'm talking about.  And no one is complaining about winning. 

You brought up the Cowboys and if we can beat them twice. I showed you why you being scared makes no sense, and for a guy who named himself naysayer you certainly are complaining about winning. Relax and enjoy the ride for once.

36 minutes ago, skoods said:

Let's see...the 2002 Eagles beat the Bucs in the regular season and trounced them the two previous postseasons before being routed in the NFC Championship at home. 

The 2003 Eagles beat the Panthers on the road in the regular season before being routed at home in the NFC Championship.

The 2008 Eagles DESTROYED the Cardinals in the regular season before losing to them in the NFC Championship.

How many of you were calling "SUPERBOWLZZZ" when those matchups presented themselves?

You'd think this fanbase would have learned some tact. 

I get being excited. And I am. But, this team has flaws and it's 6 games into the season. We don't need 8 threads talking about how this team is the Super Bowl favorite when they've beaten the 1 win Giants by 2 points and the 2 win Chargers by 3 points and every game besides one (Arizona) has come down to the final possession.

This team is a 61 yard field goal, a Chris Long strip sack, and a Cam Newton bed whetting from being 2-3. 

Also beat the Raiders in 1980 before that God awful loss in the Super Bowl

i will make this easy , we have 4 games left in the division, we could win all of them if we play without mistakes . but we could easily lose all of them if the coaches don't get the team prepared to play them.

Lol to the people saying calm down, this team isn't great yet, we need to see more, blah blah blah...

If you are saying that anything can happen like injuries, another team figures us out, etc etc then fine.

But as of right now...  October 16th 2017...  This team is a great team and could be the best in the league.  That can change, and if it does then it does.  But today I'm excited about my favorite team being the beast of the NFL.